Author Topic: Game - I'm The King  (Read 2903 times)

jeanmiche777

Re: Game - I'm The King
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2011, 10:16:46 AM »
Hahahahah oh man that's it I'm not listening to anything Game will drop anymore... It's just plain awful. He just fell off. I tought he was one of the best when it comes to beat selection but I mean yea the beat is nice but not for Game! Gimme some raw west coast bouncing beats.

friscoliving

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2011, 10:17:40 AM »
chill song....might work. Skee said its the first single off RED and the mixtape. Hook is dope

RingMan

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • BWS Czech Capo
« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2011, 10:20:05 AM »
I like it (maybe because of the beat), don't know about album but it's good for mixtape
good for a mixtape but Skee said it`s off the Red Album
and Game said Shake, Krazy, Big Money and more songs are off RED ;)

Rap is not real, I don't care what they told you,
Fake people say fake things in their vocalbooth
- Soul Position - Mic Control

I make it hard to read me, graffiti flow - Rakim - Word On The Streets

Conan

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Holler at your Uncle Snoopy..."
« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2011, 10:28:02 AM »
I like it. The beat has a kind of mesmerizing quality to it, and the hazy hook is in keeping with that. While I enjoy the production, I agree with whoever suggested that it's not ideally suited to Game. He just about keeps my attention though.

What's really holding this track back are the verses. I think Game knew how to apprach this beat as far as writing a complimentary hook, but didn't necessarily know how to rap over it. The verses aren't awful, but they underwhelm with that redundant stuttering ("ca-a-ar") and lazy, stop and start delivery.

IMO, he should take the time to perfect this track. Refer to this leak as the unmixed / unmastered, re-record his verses, and then re-release as the final. The potential is there, and it would be a shame to see it go to waste.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2011, 10:29:56 AM by Conan »
"Shit ain't all peaches and cream, and I ain't Sara Lee, bitch!" - Lloyd Banks

"I'm Morpheus in this Hip-Hop Matrix, exposing fake shit." - Common

"With consecutive platinum hits, I up my status. Ain't no more Calvin Broadus!" - Snoop

"Look at all these conscious rappers - guess who influenced them?" - KRS One

repthatwest

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2011, 10:39:37 AM »
come on people this is only a mixtape track, no matter what anybody says it wont be a single or on the album

and for that its a good track,.. its certainly not whats expected of game though..

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2011, 10:45:06 AM »
where's the quality control lol

repthatwest

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #21 on: January 10, 2011, 10:48:00 AM »
needs to change subject matter too, just talking a load of old nonsense.. shit is dated...

simple

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #22 on: January 10, 2011, 10:54:04 AM »
What the fuck, where is that YKWII volume game!!? Ths shit should have been called: i was the king but i couldnt stop smokin.

DjKeyz

« Reply #23 on: January 10, 2011, 11:02:05 AM »
Game is definitely a dead rapper

BANE

• 'G'
  • Deshi, Deshi, Basara, Basara! Deshi, Deshi, Basara
« Reply #24 on: January 10, 2011, 11:08:46 AM »
lets face it, pop sells... as much as we dont want our favorite gangsta rappers to go this route, its necessary to sell units if they wish to stay relevant. with that in mind, im digging this song, its hella laid back & i can bump this w/o a broad getn overly offended, which matters at the end of the day if ur tryin to score points w/ chicks. the same goes w/ Snoop's WET, compared to past music its garbage, but in todays music scene, its better than half the shit they be playin (IMO its "sexual Seduction" done right)

blackwallguerilla

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #25 on: January 10, 2011, 11:14:03 AM »
I like it, but I would.

Lyrics are basic but its about smoking and the beat is laid back so its supposed to be like this.

I still think RED will have enough to please everyone.

This is better than the other singles IMO and they aint made to please the dubcc forum.

BANE

• 'G'
  • Deshi, Deshi, Basara, Basara! Deshi, Deshi, Basara
« Reply #26 on: January 10, 2011, 11:16:09 AM »
I like it, but I would.

Lyrics are basic but its about smoking and the beat is laid back so its supposed to be like this.

I still think RED will have enough to please everyone.

This is better than the other singles IMO and they aint made to please the dubcc forum.

simple

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #27 on: January 10, 2011, 11:17:30 AM »
To stay relevant he should NOT go POP, he will (further) alienate his core fanbase. He should have continued the DOC ~ DA game style (which I still listen too). Hes trying to ride a style thats doing well in the charts ( i clearly could hear some wiz elements) he should followed his own path but similar to his personality his rapping style is bipolar.

The Predator

« Reply #28 on: January 10, 2011, 11:23:40 AM »
Should of just let the bitch sing the hook on her own and the southern snare beat sounds like it's made more for Lil Wayne.

I dont know if L.A. rappers are specificaly asking for Lil Wayne/southern styled beats or the producers are creatively bankrupt when it comes to devolping new sounds for the west, maybe both.

Game is on just cruise control on the mic.

Having said that, somehow the song is okay to hear in the background whilst you fold up a king rizla.

Mil

• dubcnn staff
  • Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #29 on: January 10, 2011, 11:26:36 AM »
Now available on Dubcnn!

<a href="http://www.dubcnn.com/swf/mp3playerDub.swf?id=2011/january/game-im_the_king-(dubcnn).mp3&amp;artwork=game.jpg&amp;auto=1? quality=?high? pluginspage=?http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer? type=?application/x-shockwave-flash? width=?323? height=?180?" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.dubcnn.com/swf/mp3playerDub.swf?id=2011/january/game-im_the_king-(dubcnn).mp3&amp;artwork=game.jpg&amp;auto=1? quality=?high? pluginspage=?http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer? type=?application/x-shockwave-flash? width=?323? height=?180?</a>