Author Topic: Game - I'm The King  (Read 2904 times)

Blood$

Re: Game - I'm The King
« Reply #75 on: January 11, 2011, 08:45:57 AM »
it's aiight, the hook isn't great but everything else was fine

JML-G

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #76 on: January 11, 2011, 08:56:04 AM »
nice song, but it wont be a hit, so RED Album will stay on shelve

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #77 on: January 11, 2011, 10:14:09 AM »
Honestly im tryin so hard to accept dude for what he's becoming, and I came in with extremely low expectations, in fact no expectations at all, and yet I was still mad disapointed. He's released probably around 70 tracks since '09 and about 5 percent of that is actually real good to me (maybe 8 or 9 tracks I can still bump with like 2 or 3 of those being real GAME album material). I dont understand why he cant just make the kind of music he WANTS to make and quit trying to go the pop route, which is clearly NOT working either.

You wont get that raw west coast flow as often for the near future cause Game is still with Interscope and as long as he is on a major label he will have no choice but to tend to their needs and they want music like this. Every artist that has been on a major always says that label picks what they like in the end. When Game gets to the point of his career where he goes the independent route, thats when you will get the music that you wan (without the beats that you like).
bullshit, this is for a mixtape.
he could do with it what he wants, so if anybody is to blame, then it's game

187_gangsta_crip

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #78 on: January 11, 2011, 01:39:27 PM »
dope shyt  8)

operation stackola

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #79 on: January 11, 2011, 05:45:57 PM »
I like it. Wouldn't mind seeing this ending up on RED.

xxrayrayxx

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • SouthSiders XIII
« Reply #80 on: January 11, 2011, 08:45:37 PM »
Honestly im tryin so hard to accept dude for what he's becoming, and I came in with extremely low expectations, in fact no expectations at all, and yet I was still mad disapointed. He's released probably around 70 tracks since '09 and about 5 percent of that is actually real good to me (maybe 8 or 9 tracks I can still bump with like 2 or 3 of those being real GAME album material). I dont understand why he cant just make the kind of music he WANTS to make and quit trying to go the pop route, which is clearly NOT working either.

You wont get that raw west coast flow as often for the near future cause Game is still with Interscope and as long as he is on a major label he will have no choice but to tend to their needs and they want music like this. Every artist that has been on a major always says that label picks what they like in the end. When Game gets to the point of his career where he goes the independent route, thats when you will get the music that you wan (without the beats that you like).

Your right when you say that he can make what he wants but he is also pressured to make certain songs that his superiors want from him.  So in the end they take the 60 or 70 songs he made and they sit down together to work out what will make the final cut. Obviously Game will get most of the records he wants on the album, but there will be a few that Jimmy will want him to use and he cant control that.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com//v/hlAvgNjzukg" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com//v/hlAvgNjzukg</a> <a href="http://www.youtube.com//v/FjYQvYk0i7g" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com//v/FjYQvYk0i7g</a> <a href="http://www.youtube.com//v/HYEDlzaafLU" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com//v/HYEDlzaafLU</a> <a href="http://www.youtube.com//v/LiyY8C5fdK4" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com//v/LiyY8C5fdK4</a>

What Doesnt Kill Me, Makes Me Stronger

MOON KNIGHT

« Reply #81 on: January 11, 2011, 09:32:03 PM »

I don't believe Interscope and/or Jimmy Iovine hand picked or instructed Game & his people to promote "I'm The King".
In the last couple of years Game has thrown alot of shit against the wall hoping something would stick. (This song being the latest.)
Sadly he is capable of much better and all were left with at the end of the day is piles of crap to step over  :-\

Pervert Pastor

« Reply #82 on: January 11, 2011, 09:39:46 PM »
SHIT SUCCS
KING PETEY, DEFINITELY NOT WINNING

kevin t

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #83 on: January 11, 2011, 11:24:56 PM »
average.
Just give me that instrumental....la la la la laaaaaaaaa

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #84 on: January 11, 2011, 11:37:42 PM »
So is game trying to be WIZ????

Still sucks at hooks

Mnn Documentary was my shit

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #85 on: January 11, 2011, 11:38:58 PM »
I think if this wasn't touted as the first single from RED more people would be feeling it, the instrumental is dope, it's just the "I'm The King" hooks which is straight ass

Gambler

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Raw Impact
« Reply #86 on: January 11, 2011, 11:45:42 PM »

wow, u are a fuckin hard bunch of muthafuckas to please!!!
it is a cool laid back track, the beat is hot ... what is the problem with it?

i can see the Wiz Khalifa comparisons but what is with the Lil Wayne talk??
stop name dropping? check. make decent hooks? check. pick a good beat? check.

this track is easily better than the rest of the garbage he has put out as of late.
not saying it will be the hottest song of 2011 but u guys are crazy for thinking it sucks

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #87 on: January 12, 2011, 12:04:20 AM »

wow, u are a fuckin hard bunch of muthafuckas to please!!!
it is a cool laid back track, the beat is hot ... what is the problem with it?

i can see the Wiz Khalifa comparisons but what is with the Lil Wayne talk??
stop name dropping? check. make decent hooks? check. pick a good beat? check.

this track is easily better than the rest of the garbage he has put out as of late.
not saying it will be the hottest song of 2011 but u guys are crazy for thinking it sucks

The Game had a classic record, a good one and one that was weak IMO but to s ome is fucking hot... NOW

With that said to me The Game has been downhill since Dre and 50 left.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #88 on: January 12, 2011, 01:37:22 AM »

Your right when you say that he can make what he wants but he is also pressured to make certain songs that his superiors want from him.  So in the end they take the 60 or 70 songs he made and they sit down together to work out what will make the final cut. Obviously Game will get most of the records he wants on the album, but there will be a few that Jimmy will want him to use and he cant control that.
yeah, for his solo album, he will have to make certain type of songs, i'm sure no one will deny that.

but i'm talking about the mixtape

Tha G In Deee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • If it don't make dollaz, it don't make sense.
« Reply #89 on: January 12, 2011, 11:41:55 AM »
it's aiight, the hook isn't great but everything else was fine