Author Topic: New Raphael Saadiq Album  (Read 301 times)

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
New Raphael Saadiq Album
« on: January 11, 2011, 06:20:47 PM »
the follow up to the classic ''the way i see it'' entitled ''stone rollin'' coming march 22. for you grown folks !!!!!! the first single is out called radio.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2011, 01:49:02 AM by K.Dub »
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

.:Hercy Buggz:.

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
Re: New Raphael Saadiq Album !!!!
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2011, 06:21:43 PM »
Yesss!!! RayRay never disappoint!

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2011, 06:26:32 PM »
Yesss!!! RayRay never disappoint!
i agree.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

Matty

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2011, 06:35:42 PM »
dope!!! any links for the single?

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2011, 06:40:52 PM »
dope!!! any links for the single?
raphaelsaadiq.com

Matty

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2011, 06:48:23 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/Jk6Xl6WRgpo" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/Jk6Xl6WRgpo</a>

video: http://en.musicplayon.com/play?v=207445&Raphael_Saadiq___Radio

operation stackola

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2011, 07:02:02 PM »
No doubt Saadiq is a great talent, but c'mon with re-creating sound that has been done before. It's an easy cop out and it is getting old. Cee-Lo, too. Gotdamn it; these dudes are blessed talents that think that they're doing something progressive (but, no...). If I wanna hear shit like this, I'll go through my parents dusty records. Not being a hater, but Saadiq (and Cee Lo) can do better, imo.   

NobodyButMe

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • OB - Original Boardster
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2011, 08:25:05 PM »
No doubt Saadiq is a great talent, but c'mon with re-creating sound that has been done before. It's an easy cop out and it is getting old. Cee-Lo, too. Gotdamn it; these dudes are blessed talents that think that they're doing something progressive (but, no...). If I wanna hear shit like this, I'll go through my parents dusty records. Not being a hater, but Saadiq (and Cee Lo) can do better, imo.   

i agree. am huge fans of both cee lo and saadiq and this shit is just disappointing to me.

instant vintage & ray ray >>>> the way i see it
cee lo green and his perfect imperfections & cee lo green is the soul machine >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> the lady killer

Suga Foot

« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2011, 08:45:34 PM »
I got radio last week and I thought it was just a leftover from his last album.  I was hoping that style would be a one-album thing.  I wish he would do another instant vintage type record.

13th Duke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2011, 04:07:05 PM »

i agree. am huge fans of both cee lo and saadiq and this shit is just disappointing to me.

cee lo green and his perfect imperfections & cee lo green is the soul machine >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> the lady killer

completely agreed. 100%

But I did still enjoy "The Way I See It".

Furor Teutonicus

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • aka Dr. Jan Itor
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2011, 02:58:21 AM »

completely agreed. 100%

no doubt his instant vintage sound is way better than his recent efforts.
But I don't know with Cee-Lo Green, Lady Killer was pretty pop but I can play it without skipping a track, Soul Machine not.

NobodyButMe

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • OB - Original Boardster
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2011, 08:08:48 PM »

completely agreed. 100%

no doubt his instant vintage sound is way better than his recent efforts.
But I don't know with Cee-Lo Green, Lady Killer was pretty pop but I can play it without skipping a track, Soul Machine not.

maybe it's just b/c i'm used to hearing these guys from the early 90's and their styles back then...raph with toni tony tone and cee lo with goodie mob. i just prefer their old style...
a lot of ppl tell me they really enjoyed lady killer and i tried to get into it but...so disappointed

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: New Raphael Saadiq Album
« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2011, 04:46:25 PM »
y'all is crazy. although the way i see it is a classic and i don't mind him doing an another album similar to it but i think that's where it should stop. other than that everything dude creates is dope and classic.

rhythmalism

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: New Raphael Saadiq Album
« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2011, 09:21:11 PM »
Raphael Saadiq is a legend and "The Way I See It" is classic but this is aiiiiiiiiiiiiite. Not bad tho could be better.