Author Topic: Dr. Dre's "I Need A Doctor" To Be Released Feb 1st (Cover)  (Read 3767 times)

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Dr. Dre's "I Need A Doctor" To Be Released Feb 1st (Cover)
« Reply #105 on: January 28, 2011, 08:29:09 PM »
^^^ I like Kush bro, the song gets quite a lot of spins from me. I'm just saying that the majority of the responses on this board have been negative to this and I Need a Doctor

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #106 on: January 28, 2011, 09:52:40 PM »
I'm pretty sure Kush was made for the people on this board. I remember when it first came out most of you were loving it for the first few days. Dre and Snoop rapping about weed over a piano loop with a Nate Dogg impersonator. Unfortunately it didn't blow up with the mainstream crowd, so now they're falling back on Eminem and his new style which people were loving.

The lyrics on Kush kinda bothered me. You can tell Slim wrote Dre's part because of how fucking boring it is. Hittman may not have been a great lyricist but at least he had a sense of humor in his lyrics. The lyrics on Next Episode weren't great by any means but they were at least fun to recite.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2011, 09:58:45 PM by THE RAPTURE »

Prof@ssor

« Reply #107 on: January 28, 2011, 11:12:24 PM »
I'm pretty sure Kush was made for the people on this board. I remember when it first came out most of you were loving it for the first few days. Dre and Snoop rapping about weed over a piano loop with a Nate Dogg impersonator. Unfortunately it didn't blow up with the mainstream crowd, so now they're falling back on Eminem and his new style which people were loving.

The lyrics on Kush kinda bothered me. You can tell Slim wrote Dre's part because of how fucking boring it is. Hittman may not have been a great lyricist but at least he had a sense of humor in his lyrics. The lyrics on Next Episode weren't great by any means but they were at least fun to recite.

Now tell me - what the fuck is this man?
Niggaz doin brothers in worse than the Klan
Can't even stand, in front of your buildin and chill
without yieldin, twelve-year-old children that kill
blood spillin, thugs be illin, unnecessary slugs
fillin the sky, usually drillin the one
that wasn't willin to die, yes sir in the Killing Field
I got my, life preserver
And I'll do my time for murder, these niggaz got the nerve to
question me - bout the colors that I got on?
Now see that red dot on your knot
Bout to get your whole crew shot on
A Soldier of Fortune, I'm the wrong nigga to plot on
Took him out on the spot before he even got on
my hitlist -- peep this
I cock back, you bow down
Bust round, bloody the ground, retaliation sounds like this

Hittman, is so underrated...

eazye

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • shorty_tha_pimp a.k.a. extra.P
« Reply #108 on: January 29, 2011, 01:59:20 AM »
Hittman is def one skilled lyricist, some of his verses from the 2001 era are amazing
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/iQYKq2uupz8" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/iQYKq2uupz8</a>

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #109 on: January 29, 2011, 04:27:32 AM »
^^^ I like Kush bro, the song gets quite a lot of spins from me. I'm just saying that the majority of the responses on this board have been negative to this and I Need a Doctor
not true, there was a poll & most people liked it