Author Topic: Nas to G.O.O.D. Music ????  (Read 642 times)

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Nas to G.O.O.D. Music ????
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2011, 11:50:06 PM »
Aren't Mos and Pusha already signed with no sign of a release date? It always seems to happen when an artist is doing well, they sign everyone and nothing comes out

stillinrehab

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2011, 12:42:57 AM »
Pusha has a mixtape coming pretty soon and Mos is on tour in Australia with Pharoahe Monch. They just had to cancel Brisbane due to those crazy floods! I see what you're sayin though man. But In line with this thread: If Kanye produced a Nas album it may possibly be the best thing outside of Illmatic to drop from him (If Kanye went nuts on the beats and kept his ego in check when Nas kills them!)

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2011, 01:46:10 AM »
Pusha has a mixtape coming pretty soon and Mos is on tour in Australia with Pharoahe Monch. They just had to cancel Brisbane due to those crazy floods! I see what you're sayin though man. But In line with this thread: If Kanye produced a Nas album it may possibly be the best thing outside of Illmatic to drop from him (If Kanye went nuts on the beats and kept his ego in check when Nas kills them!)

Damn I skipped that Mos show on Sunday cos I was broke from New Years, didn't know Pharoah was there!!! Yeah I'm looking forward to all these projects, just hope they come to fruition

sofdark

« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2011, 02:00:43 AM »
sounds good, Nas is horrible at pickin' beats. Perhaps, Nas and Mos collabo?

weedhead

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2011, 06:30:25 AM »
now i can roll with that...

Get It Off Ya Chest

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: January 12, 2011, 06:53:45 AM »
If he ain't gonna go indie, G.O.O.D. Music is the best possible move. Would be awesome

Can't be worse than Def Jam, but those fuckers will censor him just as much.
I don't buy that. Kanye seems to let his artists do as they please.

You know there are several parts on untitled that are censored right?

like what?

(not challenging you, i genuinely don't know)

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #21 on: January 12, 2011, 07:33:37 AM »
For Nas, I assume, here's several changes made to the album:

A) Nigger to Untitled
B) Song selection severely limited - Be A Nigger, Too was left off and several other tracks
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

StevenQBosell

« Reply #22 on: January 12, 2011, 12:30:17 PM »
...But In line with this thread: If Kanye produced a Nas album it may possibly be the best thing outside of Illmatic to drop from him (If Kanye went nuts on the beats and kept his ego in check when Nas kills them!)

Indeed, an all Kanye produced Nas album would be, in all likleyhood, epic.

Invincible

« Reply #23 on: January 12, 2011, 03:34:31 PM »
...But In line with this thread: If Kanye produced a Nas album it may possibly be the best thing outside of Illmatic to drop from him (If Kanye went nuts on the beats and kept his ego in check when Nas kills them!)

Indeed, an all Kanye produced Nas album would be, in all likleyhood, epic.

If Nas is given any beats in the same mold as MBDTF (Boring beats), Nas would not go well over them and I would criticize his beat selection again. I would rather he went indie and got beats from the greats instead.

13th Duke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #24 on: January 12, 2011, 03:58:33 PM »
Not many artists have gone under Kanye's wing and became succesful (John Legend). Kanye is too egotistical and selfish to let anyone else get his shine. Not to mention his overbearing style over substance product drowns out any artist he collaborates with.

Would be a bad move.

Nas is better than simply being another emcee in an artists' roster. Nas is better than Kanye, nevermind Kanye's weed carrier.

Sami

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #25 on: January 12, 2011, 04:00:41 PM »
Nas is dope but he sometimes pisses me off with his preachy pseudo-informed persona.

At the same time, I thought Untitled was dope, kind of like his "What's Going On?" and I think he can keep dropping heat.

I wonder if he'll do the same thing Marvin Gaye did and go in the complete opposite direction away from political to something else.

"What's Going On?" was from 1971 and in 1976 he dropped "I Want You" which wasn't political at all in comparison to "What's Going On?" which was all political.

Nas would be better off IMO to do that and make his next album just lyrical rap that's not too politics-infused, because to me Untitled was a snapshot of 2008. Anytime I want to remember it I play it.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2011, 04:07:34 PM by Sami »

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #26 on: January 12, 2011, 08:02:47 PM »
Not many artists have gone under Kanye's wing and became succesful (John Legend). Kanye is too egotistical and selfish to let anyone else get his shine. Not to mention his overbearing style over substance product drowns out any artist he collaborates with.

You don't think John Legend is successful? Common? Kid Cudi?

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #27 on: January 13, 2011, 01:55:18 AM »
 8)

kemizt

13th Duke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #28 on: January 13, 2011, 12:47:11 PM »

I mentioned John Legend as the exception.

I would say that Kid Cudi has carved his way through by himself. Kanye has limited input to Cudi's music and has only produced a very small amount of Cudi's tracks, not to mention Cudi's breakout hit had nothing to do with him.

Common? Maybe, as Kanye did get him new fans with "Go", but Common had 4 albums before that which left him as an established hip-hop artist with a big fanbase. Kanye hasnt improved his music, just maybe given him a more commercial appeal.

So thats that covered then...

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #29 on: January 13, 2011, 01:19:35 PM »

I mentioned John Legend as the exception.

I would say that Kid Cudi has carved his way through by himself. Kanye has limited input to Cudi's music and has only produced a very small amount of Cudi's tracks, not to mention Cudi's breakout hit had nothing to do with him.

Common? Maybe, as Kanye did get him new fans with "Go", but Common had 4 albums before that which left him as an established hip-hop artist with a big fanbase. Kanye hasnt improved his music, just maybe given him a more commercial appeal.

So thats that covered then...

So explain how Kanye has prevented anyone from "getting their shine." He certainly hasn't gotten in anyone's way.

Common is a veteran of the rap game, and Kanye was a relative newcomer when he signed him. I don't see how you expected Ye to improve his music. He gave him an outlet and a larger audience. You have unrealistic expectations if you expected more. After all, how much better can Common get? He's already a legend. Same with Nas, I wouldn't expect Ye would be able to do anything for him besides give him great production and some extra hype.