Author Topic: Nas to G.O.O.D. Music ????  (Read 639 times)

13th Duke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Nas to G.O.O.D. Music ????
« Reply #30 on: January 13, 2011, 01:51:12 PM »
Not many artists have gone under Kanye's wing and became succesful (John Legend). Kanye is too egotistical and selfish to let anyone else get his shine. Not to mention his overbearing style over substance product drowns out any artist he collaborates with.

You don't think John Legend is successful? Common? Kid Cudi?

I mentioned John Legend as the exception.

I would say that Kid Cudi has carved his way through by himself. Kanye has limited input to Cudi's music and has only produced a very small amount of Cudi's tracks, not to mention Cudi's breakout hit had nothing to do with him.

Common? Maybe, as Kanye did get him new fans with "Go", but Common had 4 albums before that which left him as an established hip-hop artist with a big fanbase. Kanye hasnt improved his music, just maybe given him a more commercial appeal.

So thats that covered then...

So explain how Kanye has prevented anyone from "getting their shine." He certainly hasn't gotten in anyone's way.

Common is a veteran of the rap game, and Kanye was a relative newcomer when he signed him. I don't see how you expected Ye to improve his music. He gave him an outlet and a larger audience. You have unrealistic expectations if you expected more. After all, how much better can Common get? He's already a legend. Same with Nas, I wouldn't expect Ye would be able to do anything for him besides give him great production and some extra hype.

Its not him stopping them getting their shine per se, more a case of him using their careers to promote himself even more. But I won't mention the careers of artists like GLC & Consequence who he hasn't pushed or promoted very well in the entire time they were signed to GOOD Music. Or Mr Hudson, whose career Kanye has entirely changed just for an outlet for his alternative sound. Mr Hudson fronted an indie band before Kanye got hold of him, then he signed him and made Mr Hudson into an artist that isn't a genuine reflection on what he actually wants to be. That much is true.

With regards to Nas, I don't really see how this would HELP his career. It maybe won't hinder it too much (as long as Kanye doesn't stick his oar into every inch of Nas' albums like he has done with other artists) either, but still...

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
« Reply #31 on: January 13, 2011, 03:13:51 PM »
Not many artists have gone under Kanye's wing and became succesful (John Legend). Kanye is too egotistical and selfish to let anyone else get his shine. Not to mention his overbearing style over substance product drowns out any artist he collaborates with.

You don't think John Legend is successful? Common? Kid Cudi?

I mentioned John Legend as the exception.

I would say that Kid Cudi has carved his way through by himself. Kanye has limited input to Cudi's music and has only produced a very small amount of Cudi's tracks, not to mention Cudi's breakout hit had nothing to do with him.

Common? Maybe, as Kanye did get him new fans with "Go", but Common had 4 albums before that which left him as an established hip-hop artist with a big fanbase. Kanye hasnt improved his music, just maybe given him a more commercial appeal.

So thats that covered then...

So explain how Kanye has prevented anyone from "getting their shine." He certainly hasn't gotten in anyone's way.

Common is a veteran of the rap game, and Kanye was a relative newcomer when he signed him. I don't see how you expected Ye to improve his music. He gave him an outlet and a larger audience. You have unrealistic expectations if you expected more. After all, how much better can Common get? He's already a legend. Same with Nas, I wouldn't expect Ye would be able to do anything for him besides give him great production and some extra hype.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

U.N.T.O.U.C.H.A.B.L.E.

« Reply #32 on: January 13, 2011, 05:46:29 PM »
fuck no its not a good move, nas needs to go back to the old school & work with his old producers (illmatic, it was written, stillmatic)
« Last Edit: January 13, 2011, 07:05:46 PM by U.N.T.O.U.C.H.A.B.L.E. »

StevenQBosell

« Reply #33 on: January 13, 2011, 07:00:52 PM »
fuck no its not a good move, nas needs to go back to the old school & wok with his old producers (illmatic, it was written, stillmatic)

You mean like L.E.S., Trackmasters, and Salaam Remi shit?

I don't think L.E.S. does beats anymore, haven't heard the trackmasters in years... - he'll always prolly feature a Remi cut on his albums... Does Large Pro still have the heat he used to do back in the day?

U.N.T.O.U.C.H.A.B.L.E.

« Reply #34 on: January 13, 2011, 07:05:18 PM »
fuck no its not a good move, nas needs to go back to the old school & work with his old producers (illmatic, it was written, stillmatic)

I don't think L.E.S. does beats anymore, haven't heard the trackmasters in years... - he'll always prolly feature a Remi cut on his albums... Does Large Pro still have the heat he used to do back in the day?

yea that's exactly what i mean also dj premier...

Invincible

« Reply #35 on: January 13, 2011, 07:17:36 PM »
fuck no its not a good move, nas needs to go back to the old school & wok with his old producers (illmatic, it was written, stillmatic)

LES was on Cormega's last album in 2009 so he hasn't completely gone away. And Large Pro is still well capable of making a great beat but just like the golden genration producers he doesn't make make beats as much as he used to. His beat on Joell Ortiz's album was nice.

Tha Crip

« Reply #36 on: January 13, 2011, 07:22:37 PM »
would be sweet to hear a Nas ft Common track or Nas ft Mos Def...damn lol, or better yet a song with all 3 over a hot ass kanye/no id produced track!!!
"I F**k Wit Feds Magazine"