Author Topic: Raekwon - Shaolin Vs. Wu-Tang (Tracklist)  (Read 1127 times)

SCREWFACE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Raekkwon - Shaolin Vs. Wu-Tang (Tracklist)
« Reply #30 on: January 17, 2011, 01:45:30 PM »
honestly? yeah i would because ross is dropping hot verses right now and gza isnt.

This is a flatout lie. I want to see you post the hottest ross verse, and then I'll post a random GZA verse from protools and we'll compare them. Its not even close. Ross can make hot songs but he's no lyricist.

man lets be fair, im not agree with u and and arent gonna agree with me, so whats the point.  ive listened to pro-tools, and im not saying its bad, im not saying the quality of the rhymes are bad, im saying its boring.  it might sound good but that type of rap has been done a milllion times over, gzas flow is the same damn 94 flow and same damn 94 lyrical content and id rather hear rick ross than that, sorry.

Anunikke

Re: Raekwon - Shaolin Vs. Wu-Tang (Tracklist)
« Reply #31 on: January 17, 2011, 02:56:16 PM »
honestly? yeah i would because ross is dropping hot verses right now and gza isnt.

This is a flatout lie. I want to see you post the hottest ross verse, and then I'll post a random GZA verse from protools and we'll compare them. Its not even close. Ross can make hot songs but he's no lyricist.

man lets be fair, im not agree with u and and arent gonna agree with me, so whats the point.  ive listened to pro-tools, and im not saying its bad, im not saying the quality of the rhymes are bad, im saying its boring.  it might sound good but that type of rap has been done a milllion times over, gzas flow is the same damn 94 flow and same damn 94 lyrical content and id rather hear rick ross than that, sorry.
give us your thoughts on grandmasters.

Jome

« Reply #32 on: January 17, 2011, 04:04:26 PM »
I can't believe that this turned into a "Rick Ross is better than GZA" discussion.. what is the world coming to?  :-X

Matty

« Reply #33 on: January 17, 2011, 04:15:24 PM »
I can't believe that this turned into a "Rick Ross is better than GZA" discussion.. what is the world coming to?  :-X

didn't you hear, ross isn't just about good beats these days, he's somehow a decent rapper/vocalist too :laugh:

sav

« Reply #34 on: January 17, 2011, 04:27:55 PM »

The Overfiend

• 'G'
« Reply #35 on: January 17, 2011, 06:26:12 PM »
Rick Ross is awesome. He isn't a lyrcial grandamster like a lot of the Wu, but rap isn't just about lyrics.

Invincible

« Reply #36 on: January 17, 2011, 06:29:16 PM »
Rick Ross is awesome. He isn't a lyrcial grandamster like a lot of the Wu, but rap isn't just about lyrics.

So if its not about his lyrics, what other things about him are awesome?

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Raekkwon - Shaolin Vs. Wu-Tang (Tracklist)
« Reply #37 on: January 18, 2011, 12:11:14 AM »
Khalil track 13?? (just judging by the Kobe feature lol)

My thought exactly. Would be DOPE to hear them collaborate.

What's with the Ross hate tho ? Music is just entertainment. Who cares if he's a fat liar ? Can't music be like a book, fictional ? Dude has an impeccable ear for beats and his raps aren't that bad. There's much worse out there... just my humble opinion.

He has the same flow on every track and his bars are trash. Plus he's a fake cunt...

Looking forward to this album, anyone know the production credits? Rza got many beats?

The Predator

« Reply #38 on: January 18, 2011, 02:46:41 AM »
Rick 'Get Ya Ass In That Cell, Boy' Ross....pfffft.

Paul

« Reply #39 on: January 18, 2011, 04:18:55 AM »
Ross isnt amazing but hes def not in the same boat as Soulja boy, Gucce Mane, Wacka Flocka etc like some of you guys make out.
funkyfreshintheflesh

Blood$

« Reply #40 on: January 18, 2011, 05:45:54 AM »
Ross isnt amazing but hes def not in the same boat as Soulja boy, Gucce Mane, Wacka Flocka etc like some of you guys make out.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #41 on: January 18, 2011, 08:02:57 AM »

He's not any better at rapping than Gucci Mane

Paul

« Reply #42 on: January 18, 2011, 08:20:16 AM »

Yeah he is. He has a better flow and mic presence for starters.
funkyfreshintheflesh

SCREWFACE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #43 on: January 18, 2011, 12:36:37 PM »

give us your thoughts on grandmasters.

its the best of gza solo work other than liquid swords, but its by no means classic. just a good release. and honestly i preffered the sick jacken one

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #44 on: January 18, 2011, 01:07:20 PM »

Yeah he is. He has a better flow and mic presence for starters.

Mic presence? Dude can't even carry a song by himself.