Author Topic: "Dre's First Official Single, I Need A Doc w/ Eminem" - Alex Da Kid  (Read 9692 times)

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
Re: "Dre's First Official Single, I Need A Doc w/ Eminem" - Alex Da Kid
« Reply #90 on: January 19, 2011, 09:42:25 PM »
Cham , it's not about the generation/time has changed argument , it's about the QUALITY of music , if tomorrow (in 2011) any rapper releases the best album of all time we wouldn't have any pb to say it .... the fact is we are not getting a lot of good hip hop albums for a while ...  I think you are taking the generation/time has changed argument as an excuse to justify the lowering (if that word exists lol) of your standards ... why should we expect Detox not to be on The Chronic or 2001 level ? Because it's a different era and time has changed ? LOL

There are TONS of good Hip Hip albums out, they just aren't mainstream rappers. It's all underground.

The fact is that music that is underground today is what was selling years ago. Dr. Dre's music ten years ago isn't a trend in 2011. He can't duplicate it & sell it.

Dre's sound sold in 1999, but not in 2011. His album isn't meant for one last "hooorahhh" for his fans to remember him by. His intentions are to appeal to the MASS public & sell a couple of million.

It's like you all forgot it's a business at the end of the day, sorry he isn't satisfying you. But I mean, did you guys listen to Eminem's last album? The same people have a hand in on Detox & they won't settle for Dre to make a sound that 100,000 people will buy & that's it.

Everyone on this forum (& beyond) is in agreement that artists sell out to sell records, but then Dre is about to do it & it's like the concept of selling out is foreign.

& don't all look at me like I'm saying "What are you guys talking about? This is golden!". For an album that's been in the works for eleven years & this is the single for the album, OF COURSE this isn't close to being enough. It should be 15 times better. But it's not going to be & the sooner you all understand that the better.

His style is old & dated to the new generation. An album that was made in 1987 duplicated in 1998 would just sound out of place & wouldn't take off.

MOON KNIGHT

« Reply #91 on: January 19, 2011, 09:49:07 PM »

I've mentioned this before....If Dre/anyone plans a promoting a project for 10 plus years people SHOULD have sky high expectations. Especially if you are considered the best or one of the GOAT producers in the game.

MrJas

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #92 on: January 19, 2011, 11:28:12 PM »
The single will be released on 25th January

Your avy is suspect homo bro
You expect me to download an album that isn't real?  Sorry, but I can't sign this.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #93 on: January 20, 2011, 01:48:18 AM »
And LOL at Cham Click always making excuses for wack music cuz he's sad his generation of music is so shitty and generic.

Making excuses? All I'm saying is the rest of you are complete morons for having such high expectations & hoping you can understand this is as good as it's going to get.

It's not my generation, it's your generation living in my generation & not understanding that times have changed. Like I said, if "2001" drops in two months & most of you wouldn't even like that.

It's PLASTERED in your heads that nothing in 2011 can come close to anything made 10-15 years ago. & you basically prove that by this quote of yours lmfao.

It's a simple concept that nobody wants to listen because it makes you seem stupid. I ask you whose the best basketball player ever, you say MJ. You ask my generation, they say Kobe. You ask the generation before you & they say Bird or Magic. You want to believe what you're seeing is the greatest thing imaginable & nothing can surpass that.
i don't think the expectation argument counts for the majority, as they seem to like Kush.

bouli77

« Reply #96 on: January 20, 2011, 07:17:31 AM »
Knowing how Dre is, he must be hooked 24/7 on as many hip hop forums/networks as can be to check the feedbacks lol

Prof@ssor

« Reply #97 on: January 20, 2011, 07:28:08 AM »
There are so many shameless Aftermath promoters and Dr. Dre stans in these threads is disgusting.  :-X

If you feel offended by this you need to, I'm probably talking about you.

:puke:

es-jay

• Muthafuckin' Don!

J.E.

• Muthafuckin' Don!

Matty

« Reply #100 on: January 20, 2011, 08:16:59 AM »
cover looks dope to me. shame about the track and everything, dre is gonna catch a lot of negative publicity when the single drops.

Gamestarr

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • P
« Reply #101 on: January 20, 2011, 08:29:40 AM »
Still refuse to believe its for Detox.. lol

FUCK THAT SONG..

snoop

« Reply #102 on: January 20, 2011, 08:49:10 AM »
like kush, i don't think this is anything more than a song released to draw attention to the fact that dre is releasing detox in the near future.

hate it if you like, but it will most likely do very well on itunes/amazon, get radio airplay, and have people all around the world discussing it on websites just like we are in this thread. which is exactly what interscope wants.

i'm going to reserve judgement until i hear the final version. i can't imagine dre releasing a song that sounds the same as a track that leaked almost two months ago.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2011, 08:57:01 AM by snoop »

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #103 on: January 20, 2011, 09:42:33 AM »
i'm surprised that the final version hasn't leaked yet

Lucifuge

« Reply #104 on: January 20, 2011, 10:26:41 AM »
I dont get it. why is track a trash? Dope hook,on point lyrics,beat is meh,not Dre beat,that only thing thats fail's.but who know is this track for detox or not.
ALESSANDRO DEL PIERO!!!

Detox 2000Never

tyranasaurus rex like fuck a bitch
i once saw a pterdactyl fuck a bitch
eat a bowl these bitch gobbling dick
hoes forgot to eat a dick a shut the fuck up
roll through crenshaw on my pterdactyl like what up!
By kevin t as Kurupt :D