Author Topic: "Dre's First Official Single, I Need A Doc w/ Eminem" - Alex Da Kid  (Read 9695 times)

YoungGotti

• Lil Geezy
Re: "Dre's First Official Single, I Need A Doc w/ Eminem" - Alex Da Kid
« Reply #105 on: January 20, 2011, 10:48:25 AM »
damn waiting 11 years for songs not produced by the DRE wtf  >:(

BlueSwan

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #106 on: January 20, 2011, 10:51:23 AM »
I dont get it. why is track a trash? Dope hook,on point lyrics,beat is meh,not Dre beat,that only thing thats fail's.but who know is this track for detox or not.
I've warmed slightly to it and the hook is quite good and very commercial, but I really don't like the drums (hopefully Dre makes the drums more Dre like), I HATE the way that Eminem raps on these types of tracks (like Love The Way You Lie) and the Dre verse is all over the place and doesn't even sound like Dre (hopefully they rerecord AND rewrite that). No doubt that it will sell on itunes though.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #107 on: January 20, 2011, 11:24:19 AM »
I dont get it. why is track a trash? Dope hook,on point lyrics,beat is meh,not Dre beat,that only thing thats fail's.but who know is this track for detox or not.

Because this is what people waited eleven years for. All Dre sees on this song is "I Need A Doctor - Dr. Dre Featuring Eminem & Skylar Grey".

Em just sold five million, put him on your single, give an unusual two verses & it'll sell. Maybe to no one on here, but to the rest of the World. The album buying World.

HighEyeCue

« Reply #108 on: January 20, 2011, 11:42:17 AM »

Because this is what people waited eleven years for. All Dre sees on this song is "I Need A Doctor - Dr. Dre Featuring Eminem & Skylar Grey".

Em just sold five million, put him on your single, give an unusual two verses & it'll sell. Maybe to no one on here, but to the rest of the World. The album buying World.

The single will probably sell but that doesnt mean the album will do Em numbers
damn waiting 11 years for songs not produced by the DRE wtf  >:(

Kind of how I feel, 2 tracks into Detox and 2 tracks by Khalil and Alex the Kid
i'm surprised that the final version hasn't leaked yet

They pushed up the release to the 25th so it should any day now

skjesp

« Reply #109 on: January 20, 2011, 12:10:44 PM »
One word: anticipointment

UKnowWhatItIs: welcome to my traps....game over

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #110 on: January 20, 2011, 12:52:38 PM »
Just listened to this for the very first time. Wow, not what I expected :-\ :-\ :-\

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #111 on: January 20, 2011, 01:08:52 PM »

The single will probably sell but that doesnt mean the album will do Em numbers

Of course not. Nobody will do five million until the next Eminem album lol. But you throw Eminem over it, add other features & Dre can definitely do two million.

Lucifuge

« Reply #112 on: January 20, 2011, 01:23:58 PM »
Just listened to this for the very first time. Wow, not what I expected :-\ :-\ :-\

and you expected what?
ALESSANDRO DEL PIERO!!!

Detox 2000Never

tyranasaurus rex like fuck a bitch
i once saw a pterdactyl fuck a bitch
eat a bowl these bitch gobbling dick
hoes forgot to eat a dick a shut the fuck up
roll through crenshaw on my pterdactyl like what up!
By kevin t as Kurupt :D

UKnowWhatItIs: welcome to my traps....game over

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #113 on: January 20, 2011, 02:58:37 PM »

and you expected what?
Stupid question, try again.

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #114 on: January 20, 2011, 03:47:40 PM »
And LOL at Cham Click always making excuses for wack music cuz he's sad his generation of music is so shitty and generic.

Making excuses? All I'm saying is the rest of you are complete morons for having such high expectations & hoping you can understand this is as good as it's going to get.

It's not my generation, it's your generation living in my generation & not understanding that times have changed. Like I said, if "2001" drops in two months & most of you wouldn't even like that.

It's PLASTERED in your heads that nothing in 2011 can come close to anything made 10-15 years ago. & you basically prove that by this quote of yours lmfao.

It's a simple concept that nobody wants to listen because it makes you seem stupid. I ask you whose the best basketball player ever, you say MJ. You ask my generation, they say Kobe. You ask the generation before you & they say Bird or Magic. You want to believe what you're seeing is the greatest thing imaginable & nothing can surpass that.

Where in the fuck do you get that it's plastered in my head that nothing in 2011 can come close to anything made 10-15 years ago?  You talk out of your ass so much it's hard to take you serious.  There are still some good artists making good music and worth checking, but they are few and far between and basically non-existent as far as mainstream goes.

So by your logic, I guess you believe that Wayne / Drake / Jiggaman / Rick Ross / Kanye / Nicki Minaj / Joe Buddden have made better music than Nas / Biggie / Pac / Outkast / Dre / Cube and def better than Rakim / KRS / Slick Rick / Kool G Rap / Big Daddy Kane.  If you believe that, then thats your opinion but it doesn't get much credibility in the musical taste department.

es-jay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #115 on: January 20, 2011, 04:38:12 PM »
cover looks dope to me. shame about the track and everything, dre is gonna catch a lot of negative publicity when the single drops.

the cover could've been dope. if they'd actually taken the time to make those signs themselves (which would've taken very little time and cost next to nothing) and photographed it themselves it would've been good. instead they paid some shit designer to Photoshop it and we're left this piece of crap. terrible...

::)

they don't use fanmade covers @ amazon.com

i'm sure they don't. i was hoping that it had been submitted to them as album art by a fan...

shu

« Reply #116 on: January 20, 2011, 05:37:21 PM »

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #117 on: January 20, 2011, 05:45:04 PM »
And LOL at Cham Click always making excuses for wack music cuz he's sad his generation of music is so shitty and generic.

Making excuses? All I'm saying is the rest of you are complete morons for having such high expectations & hoping you can understand this is as good as it's going to get.

It's not my generation, it's your generation living in my generation & not understanding that times have changed. Like I said, if "2001" drops in two months & most of you wouldn't even like that.

It's PLASTERED in your heads that nothing in 2011 can come close to anything made 10-15 years ago. & you basically prove that by this quote of yours lmfao.

It's a simple concept that nobody wants to listen because it makes you seem stupid. I ask you whose the best basketball player ever, you say MJ. You ask my generation, they say Kobe. You ask the generation before you & they say Bird or Magic. You want to believe what you're seeing is the greatest thing imaginable & nothing can surpass that.

Where in the fuck do you get that it's plastered in my head that nothing in 2011 can come close to anything made 10-15 years ago?  You talk out of your ass so much it's hard to take you serious.  There are still some good artists making good music and worth checking, but they are few and far between and basically non-existent as far as mainstream goes.

So by your logic, I guess you believe that Wayne / Drake / Jiggaman / Rick Ross / Kanye / Nicki Minaj / Joe Buddden have made better music than Nas / Biggie / Pac / Outkast / Dre / Cube and def better than Rakim / KRS / Slick Rick / Kool G Rap / Big Daddy Kane.  If you believe that, then thats your opinion but it doesn't get much credibility in the musical taste department.

Any coincidence that everyone you mentioned is a basic "founding father" of Hip Hop? The impact can never be matched, hence why nobody will admit that better music can be made.

& look at all the names you mentioned for this generation. Everyone you named outside of Joe Budden is the hottest act in Hip Hop right now. Dr. Dre is in that company in terms of mainstream. Whether you like it or not, he's not making music for a particular fan base of his. He's making music for the fan bases of the artists you mentioned above because those fan bases buy albums lol.

& no, I don't think mainstream artists of today can make music better than those artists. But underground artists can. Fashawn made an amazing album. Even a little well more known Nas's "Nigger" album was great to me. Ask someone whose 25 & he'll say "ehh, it's pretty good, but it's nothing like 'insert random album from 1995'". If there is no impact, it won't be remembered. & it's not POSSIBLE to have such impact today. The only thing making impact on the public is Wayne & Eminem & most of you guys just laugh at the thought of that.

See, I was born in the start of today's acts & the end of the old acts. I heard the old acts first though. But you ask a 13-14 year old & he'll tell you that Wayne or Drake or anyone you named is amazing & the best Hip Hop ever. & in 15-20 years, the next generation will be saying their mainstream artists are the best & Wayne & Drake were alright.

Fast-forward to when everybody alive now the age of 40+ passes on. You think Frank Sinatra will still be talked about as great? You have people who lived through his era & they continue to talk about him, but when that era/generation of people isn't around anymore, the names of people they will tell you are great will just disappear.

It's a very simple concept.

Just to sum it up:

1. Dre is attempting to sell mainstream, hence the album will be mainstream.
2. I guarantee you don't find an album of any underground artist that you said "make great music, that is worth checking" nearly as good as any of those older artists you named because there is no impact todays artists can give.
3. As generations pass, new acts come up & the kids/listeners of that generation think it's the best ever.

I mean, is it any coincidence that in from the 50's, 60's, 70's, 80's, 90's & 2000's, each decade there has been a new genre that emerged as the dominating genre? Time passes & styles get old & stale, man.

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #118 on: January 20, 2011, 06:19:04 PM »
maybe the final will sound drastically different but as it stands I do not like the track

feeling the cover though
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

Hittman2001

« Reply #119 on: January 20, 2011, 07:51:43 PM »
well the track length on the amazon site is about 4 seconds longer than the copy we have....so i'm pretty sure we heard a shitty sounding version of the official track.  one can hope the verses are different