Author Topic: "Dre's First Official Single, I Need A Doc w/ Eminem" - Alex Da Kid  (Read 9698 times)

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
Re: "Dre's First Official Single, I Need A Doc w/ Eminem" - Alex Da Kid
« Reply #135 on: January 21, 2011, 08:21:39 AM »
"unreleased" is kind of another word for "unliscenced" or "without permision" or "not released commercially" or "not in record stores"....

..."unreleased" doesnt mean "hey I got this Eminem track that nobody else has ever heard before and it is top secret classified"
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

YoungGotti

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #136 on: January 21, 2011, 08:44:21 AM »
the chorus is annoying

I need a doctor to bring me back to life :puke:

HighEyeCue

« Reply #137 on: January 21, 2011, 09:06:12 AM »
the chorus is annoying

I don't like it either but if they were looking for a commercial track they found it.

shu

« Reply #138 on: January 21, 2011, 09:11:38 AM »
"i need a doctor" is the first official single so dre comes with another video too

Get It Off Ya Chest

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #139 on: January 21, 2011, 10:17:32 AM »
the chorus is annoying

tbh the chorus is the best part of the song, in my opinion

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #140 on: January 23, 2011, 03:58:03 PM »
So by your logic, I guess you believe that Wayne / Drake / Jiggaman / Rick Ross / Kanye / Nicki Minaj / Joe Buddden have made better music than Nas / Biggie / Pac / Outkast / Dre / Cube and def better than Rakim / KRS / Slick Rick / Kool G Rap / Big Daddy Kane.  If you believe that, then thats your opinion but it doesn't get much credibility in the musical taste department.

Lol why'd you put Jiggaman in the first list when he belongs in the second? Also half them dudes in the other lists are still around. Also you forgot to add Vanilla Ice, Kris Kross and MC Hammer and a bunch of other "hot" names.

Jay's best album is def from that era...I put him in the first group just because most people in the current generation think Jay is the GOAT, which has really only happened in the last 5-6 years or so.  In the early / mid 90's nobody even remotely thought that.  However, putting him in the 2nd group only further solidifies that generation and takes away one of the biggest heavy hitters the most current gen. has...but yeah maybe it is more appropriate.

As far as them still being around, every rapper I named has put out material in the last 2-3 years, with the exception of Biggie and Pac...that doesn't matter.  I'm talking about the timeframe that spawned the artist.

And I didn't forget MC Hammer or Vanilla Ice.  No where in my post did I say the early generations were devoid  of wack / bullshit artists.  I was illustrating that the best of the current generation isn't touching the best of earlier generations.  Somebody prove me wrong. 

Stan

« Reply #141 on: January 23, 2011, 04:13:56 PM »
Where is this song anyways?  It should be leaked by now fuck

JohnnyL

« Reply #142 on: January 23, 2011, 04:44:06 PM »
Where is this song anyways?  It should be leaked by now fuck

The date according to this web site: http://www.allaccess.com/top40-rhythmic/future-releases was changed to February 8th, so I don't know if that will affect when it leaks or not, but one would think that it might. Amazon.com still says the single is coming out February 1st though, so who knows.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #143 on: January 23, 2011, 09:07:00 PM »
So by your logic, I guess you believe that Wayne / Drake / Jiggaman / Rick Ross / Kanye / Nicki Minaj / Joe Buddden have made better music than Nas / Biggie / Pac / Outkast / Dre / Cube and def better than Rakim / KRS / Slick Rick / Kool G Rap / Big Daddy Kane.  If you believe that, then thats your opinion but it doesn't get much credibility in the musical taste department.

Lol why'd you put Jiggaman in the first list when he belongs in the second? Also half them dudes in the other lists are still around. Also you forgot to add Vanilla Ice, Kris Kross and MC Hammer and a bunch of other "hot" names.

Jay's best album is def from that era...I put him in the first group just because most people in the current generation think Jay is the GOAT, which has really only happened in the last 5-6 years or so.  In the early / mid 90's nobody even remotely thought that.  However, putting him in the 2nd group only further solidifies that generation and takes away one of the biggest heavy hitters the most current gen. has...but yeah maybe it is more appropriate.

As far as them still being around, every rapper I named has put out material in the last 2-3 years, with the exception of Biggie and Pac...that doesn't matter.  I'm talking about the timeframe that spawned the artist.

And I didn't forget MC Hammer or Vanilla Ice.  No where in my post did I say the early generations were devoid  of wack / bullshit artists.  I was illustrating that the best of the current generation isn't touching the best of earlier generations.  Somebody prove me wrong.  

Same goes for the other rappers you mentioned. None of the 80s rappers were considered GOATS in the 80s, none of the 90s rappers were considered GOATS in the 90s. (cept for Pac and Biggie because their status was hyped and elevated with both of their deaths). Nas wasn't no goat in the 90s. As a matter of fact people were saying he lost it because each album got worse and worse after illmatic. It was actually his whole beef with Jay-Z (which took place in the 00s) that brought his career back and elevated both of them to OG legend status.

Also, you can't seriously think Drake, Wayne, Rick Ross, Minaj, Budden etc. are the best the current generation has to offer. Now that's just laughable. Besides my opinion that most of them are weak, Wayne came out in the 90s, and 2 of those names came out this year. Kanye I can agree with. Give him 10 more years and he'll be on the legend status of the other rappers you mentioned. But aside from 'Ye, if you're only talking about mainstream I can agree that it has generally been less impressive. Hip hop as a whole? Fuck no. While the mainstream has gotten worse, the underground gets better and better  :)

I`m Wayne Brady bitch!

« Reply #144 on: January 24, 2011, 06:17:24 AM »
This song is the gayest track I've heard in a long time. "One more cd and I'm packing up my bags..." might as well just pack them right now.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2011, 06:27:31 AM by I`m Wayne Brady bitch! »

2euce 7even

« Reply #145 on: January 24, 2011, 06:33:05 AM »
Not surprising if true.  Just like what happened for 2001.  They're following the same formula.  The 1st single off that album was with Snoop (Still DRE) and it bombed just like Kush is doing now.  They then released Forgot About Dre with Eminem, which was prolly the worst song on that album but it had Eminem so it did well. 

Forgot About Dre was a dope track, much better than I Need A Doctor IMO, but they are using the same formula

amen to that.
btw: i thought "kush" was the first single?

Stan

« Reply #146 on: January 24, 2011, 09:11:09 AM »
I guess I'm the only one here but I like this song 10 x more than Forgot About Dre.  The hook in this track is great and it sticks in your head.  I think the finished version will be a lot better.

The song has substance too unlike Kush and most other bubblegum-rap songs.  Eminem goes on a Kim type rant sounding nuts. 

Okka

« Reply #147 on: January 24, 2011, 11:17:09 AM »
"Forgot About Dre" is a classic, the leaked version of "I Need A Doc" was mad weak. I hope the final version sounds different and Dre will have atleast two verses.

Stan

« Reply #148 on: January 24, 2011, 11:33:39 AM »
"Forgot About Dre" is a classic, the leaked version of "I Need A Doc" was mad weak. I hope the final version sounds different and Dre will have atleast two verses.

I agree most people hold it as being a classic (not to me) but Forgot About Dre was annoying as fuck.  That plucking sound + Eminem ranting = irritating.  Sounded like it could be a sequel to My Name Is.  I always skip that track when I listen to 2001. 

Matty

« Reply #149 on: January 24, 2011, 11:44:03 AM »
I guess I'm the only one here but I like this song 10 x more than Forgot About Dre.  The hook in this track is great and it sticks in your head.  I think the finished version will be a lot better.

The song has substance too unlike Kush and most other bubblegum-rap songs.  Eminem goes on a Kim type rant sounding nuts. 

:nahnah: :loopaper: