Author Topic: "Dre's First Official Single, I Need A Doc w/ Eminem" - Alex Da Kid  (Read 9691 times)

Triple OG Rapsodie

Re: "Dre's First Official Single, I Need A Doc w/ Eminem" - Alex Da Kid
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2011, 09:21:26 AM »
Lol I wouldn't be surprised considering the way Love the Way You Lie performed. They're trying a song in the same vein for detox. Unfortunate but I guess at least they didn't try to make another Not Afraid  :-X

Okka

« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2011, 09:29:20 AM »
I don't know what to say.

TDOT

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2011, 09:31:14 AM »
Fuck that.

Dre, since when the fuck did you go for a radio single?! All these people saying "well it will secure radio play" and all that bullshit, but this is the motherfuckin DOCTOR. Gotta say, I know we haven't even heard the finished version, but this is some bullshit.

Get It Off Ya Chest

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2011, 09:37:07 AM »
Fuck that.

Dre, since when the fuck did you go for a radio single?! All these people saying "well it will secure radio play" and all that bullshit, but this is the motherfuckin DOCTOR. Gotta say, I know we haven't even heard the finished version, but this is some bullshit.

what are you talking about? have you never listened to Dre before??

TDOT

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2011, 09:42:05 AM »
Fuck that.

I dont think anything on 2001 or The Chronic were aimed at the radio. Maybe aimed at a more mainstream rap audience, but not for kids and little girls (as was most of Recovery, which this song is clearly trying to replicate.)

And Dre not producing his own album (when your considered one of the best in the game) is another huge loss. Really doesn't make sense to me, this whole INAD story.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2011, 09:54:03 AM by TDOT »

Get It Off Ya Chest

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2011, 09:46:35 AM »
Fuck that.

I dont think anything on 2001 or The Chronic were aimed at the radio. Maybe aimed at a more mainstream rap audience, but not for kids and little girls (as was most of Relapse, which this song is clearly trying to replicate.)

Relapse was definitely not aimed at kids and little girls! but songs like Next Episode were definitely aimed at the radio, that still gets played in clubs to this day

TDOT

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #21 on: January 16, 2011, 09:53:32 AM »
Fuck that.

I dont think anything on 2001 or The Chronic were aimed at the radio. Maybe aimed at a more mainstream rap audience, but not for kids and little girls (as was most of Relapse, which this song is clearly trying to replicate.)

Relapse was definitely not aimed at kids and little girls! but songs like Next Episode were definitely aimed at the radio, that still gets played in clubs to this day

IMO Radio/Clubs is fine, and Dre has been like that for a while, but Recovery (which is what I meant to say when I said Relapse) was something completely different. A blatant attempt at mainstream aimed at the kids who will (and did) buy his shit. It's smart, but Dre is NOT Em.

Get It Off Ya Chest

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #22 on: January 16, 2011, 09:59:32 AM »
Fuck that.

IMO Radio/Clubs is fine, and Dre has been like that for a while, but Recovery (which is what I meant to say when I said Relapse) was something completely different. A blatant attempt at mainstream aimed at the kids who will (and did) buy his shit. It's smart, but Dre is NOT Em.

fair point

jeanmiche777

« Reply #23 on: January 16, 2011, 10:02:26 AM »
I just don't want to beleive this.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #24 on: January 16, 2011, 10:06:47 AM »
I dont think its aimed at little kids since the people who will get the most out of the lyrics are people who know about the history between Dre and Em.

Anunikke

« Reply #25 on: January 16, 2011, 10:25:41 AM »
The main reason for the popularity of Dr. Dre's previously released album was the production handled by dre himself, so why would he let other producers handle all of the production?
If it was a compilation album where dre attaches his name to certain producers to help further their careers it would be understandable, but that isn't how detox has been marketed over the last decade.

However, this does end all discussion about whether dre is pop or not.

Fonkarround

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • https://soundcloud.com/fonkarround
« Reply #26 on: January 16, 2011, 10:36:23 AM »
The main reason for the popularity of Dr. Dre's previously released album was the production handled by dre himself, so why would he let other producers handle all of the production?
If it was a compilation album where dre attaches his name to certain producers to help further their careers it would be understandable, but that isn't how detox has been marketed over the last decade.

However, this does end all discussion about whether dre is pop or not.
Dre has never produced alone.. so nothin really changed.. he still adds his touch to it when it has his name on it, so i wouldnt complain

jeanmiche777

« Reply #27 on: January 16, 2011, 10:56:49 AM »
I dont think its aimed at little kids since the people who will get the most out of the lyrics are people who know about the history between Dre and Em.

kids don't care about the lyrics.

Cross Em Out

• 'G'
« Reply #28 on: January 16, 2011, 11:01:57 AM »
Why is this a Dre single when Eminem raps for most of the song? Unless they changed it, Dre only has one verse

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #29 on: January 16, 2011, 11:37:30 AM »

kids don't care about the lyrics.

Then they should love any of Dre's music since he's all about the beats