Author Topic: "Dre's First Official Single, I Need A Doc w/ Eminem" - Alex Da Kid  (Read 9690 times)

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
Re: "Dre's First Official Single, I Need A Doc w/ Eminem" - Alex Da Kid
« Reply #30 on: January 16, 2011, 12:18:01 PM »
Somebody made a cool point that this would be the Intro to the album. I mean, that's the only place I see it going on the album.

& to be completely honest with you all, I'm like 97% sure that Dr. Dre CANNOT make a song that will satisfy any of you. Because all you people want is just duplicates of old Dre songs & if that was the case, you would just point out that he's "remaking" old classics.

Let's hear the CDQ, maybe it sounds much better; because I know the premise of the song isn't bad at all. Y'all just bitching.

friscoliving

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #31 on: January 16, 2011, 12:28:44 PM »
check out that dawaun parker interview, it doesn't look like Detox is coming anytime soon

wheres it at?

Adriano

• Dream Team
  • Muthafuckin' Don!

Westcoast News Network // www.dubcnn.com // Westcoast News Network

Jimmy H.

« Reply #33 on: January 16, 2011, 12:52:37 PM »
I actually LOVE the record so I'm not upset. Though my only real complaint is both of the released Detox songs AREN'T produced by Dr. Dre.  

Portugoal

« Reply #34 on: January 16, 2011, 01:04:07 PM »
I dont think its aimed at little kids since the people who will get the most out of the lyrics are people who know about the history between Dre and Em.

That's the scary part. I think Dr. Dre might actually find this a good song. :-X

MrJas

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #35 on: January 16, 2011, 03:01:43 PM »
So, Dre isn't even producing on his own album, and he gets his lyrics ghostwritten.

I've waited 10 years for some alex da fag to produce a legends first single?

dre lost
You expect me to download an album that isn't real?  Sorry, but I can't sign this.

JohnnyL

« Reply #36 on: January 16, 2011, 03:29:21 PM »
Somebody made a cool point that this would be the Intro to the album. I mean, that's the only place I see it going on the album.

& to be completely honest with you all, I'm like 97% sure that Dr. Dre CANNOT make a song that will satisfy any of you. Because all you people want is just duplicates of old Dre songs & if that was the case, you would just point out that he's "remaking" old classics.

Let's hear the CDQ, maybe it sounds much better; because I know the premise of the song isn't bad at all. Y'all just bitching.

I agree with you and the others who've said we should at least wait to hear what it sounds like in CDQ.  Having only heard the poor quality, leaked version I have to say so far I'm not a fan.  Although I doubt I'll ever love this song, if I get a chance to at least hear it the way it was intended to be heard, I may at least like it more than I do now. 

dameons

« Reply #37 on: January 16, 2011, 03:35:01 PM »
Dre be gettin' trendy with these bubblegum producers ... Get some balls , u have nothing to lose,  Dre !  Your rich and legendary no matter what , be confident in your own work. He is very insecure about flopping

Okka

« Reply #38 on: January 16, 2011, 03:42:36 PM »
It's probably Jimmy Iovine who wants to put this out as the first single. When is the final version of the song comin' out anyway? At least i hope we get to hear another verse from Dre instead of two verses from Eminem and only one from Dr. Dre. I hope the whole album won't be soundin like this track.

rhythmalism

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #39 on: January 16, 2011, 05:25:26 PM »
Forgot About Dre with Eminem, which was prolly the worst song on that album

:rubeyes:

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #40 on: January 16, 2011, 05:39:46 PM »
So, Dre isn't even producing on his own album, and he gets his lyrics ghostwritten.

That's how the whole album is going to be. I'm surprised people are expecting anything else.

WCoastTillIDie

« Reply #41 on: January 16, 2011, 05:47:27 PM »
From a conceptual standpoint, I understand this (you know how the song goes, Eminem is trying to get Dre to do his thang again and at the end Dre's last verse signifies that, it's basically a rebirth.)  Only issue with this is that Dre didn't produce it.

WCoastTillIDie

« Reply #42 on: January 16, 2011, 05:48:23 PM »

ALSO, do ANY of you realize that Lord Finnese produced 1 track on 2001?  (The Message)

Nooc210

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Planets
« Reply #43 on: January 16, 2011, 10:56:46 PM »

dre lost

there's nothing new about that, Dre has always had a massive team of collaborators making music for him, this is historical fact. even stretching as far back to his N.W.A. dayz, Dre uses all these different dudes talents to make them into one cohesive unit that best represents his musical vision, The Chronic & 2001 are great representations of that. so on & so forth... also he has never written a single line/rap for himself, this track is going to be super weak if it's in fact for Detox, :puke: even a final version mixed/mastered/blessed by GOD himself, it's still pretty corny, forced (emotionally) & wack. :grumpy:

on the other hand it's a FANTASTIC & BRILLIANT Em track... ::)
« Last Edit: January 16, 2011, 10:58:50 PM by Nooc210 »
The Chonic • 2001 • Compton •
http://www.drdre.com

DblPen

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #44 on: January 16, 2011, 11:16:31 PM »
you guys can never stop bitching. Dre always makes and releases what he wants to hear, not the fans. And then most of the time when ppl say its wack and wtf is dre doing, it turns out to be something classic (eminem for example).