Author Topic: "Dre's First Official Single, I Need A Doc w/ Eminem" - Alex Da Kid  (Read 9597 times)

Okka

Re: "Dre's First Official Single, I Need A Doc w/ Eminem" - Alex Da Kid
« Reply #45 on: January 17, 2011, 12:23:55 AM »
there's nothing new about that, Dre has always had a massive team of collaborators making music for him, this is historical fact. even stretching as far back to his N.W.A. dayz, Dre uses all these different dudes talents to make them into one cohesive unit that best represents his musical vision, The Chronic & 2001 are great representations of that. so on & so forth... also he has never written a single line/rap for himself

Yes, he actually has. Even Snoop Dogg and MC Ren has confirmed that.

No Compute

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #46 on: January 17, 2011, 01:52:53 AM »
Somebody made a cool point that this would be the Intro to the album. I mean, that's the only place I see it going on the album.

& to be completely honest with you all, I'm like 97% sure that Dr. Dre CANNOT make a song that will satisfy any of you. Because all you people want is just duplicates of old Dre songs & if that was the case, you would just point out that he's "remaking" old classics.

Let's hear the CDQ, maybe it sounds much better; because I know the premise of the song isn't bad at all. Y'all just bitching.

ALSO, do ANY of you realize that Lord Finnese produced 1 track on 2001?  (The Message)

I'm sure most people here know that, the difference between The Message and these Detox tracks is that The Message was good. It was a track that suited Dre. It was also the only track on the album that wasn't produced by Dre and Mel Man, apparently Detox has more than this already.

There's also a difference between Dre producing WITH people and the probable situation here where Dre's picking beats he likes from tapes people are sending him. Where's the creativity in that, where's the connection between Kush* and I Need A Doctor which provides a cohesive sound for the album?

*I know Khalil works inhouse
« Last Edit: January 17, 2011, 01:55:00 AM by No Compute »

Anunikke

« Reply #47 on: January 17, 2011, 05:08:35 AM »
Somebody made a cool point that this would be the Intro to the album. I mean, that's the only place I see it going on the album.

& to be completely honest with you all, I'm like 97% sure that Dr. Dre CANNOT make a song that will satisfy any of you. Because all you people want is just duplicates of old Dre songs & if that was the case, you would just point out that he's "remaking" old classics.

Let's hear the CDQ, maybe it sounds much better; because I know the premise of the song isn't bad at all. Y'all just bitching.

ALSO, do ANY of you realize that Lord Finnese produced 1 track on 2001?  (The Message)
1 out of 17 tracks, it's already twice as much for detox
And don't act like there is no difference between Lord finesse & Alex da kid.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #48 on: January 17, 2011, 05:46:50 AM »
The main reason for the popularity of Dr. Dre's previously released album was the production handled by dre himself, so why would he let other producers handle all of the production?
If it was a compilation album where dre attaches his name to certain producers to help further their careers it would be understandable, but that isn't how detox has been marketed over the last decade.

However, this does end all discussion about whether dre is pop or not.
Dre has never produced alone.. so nothin really changed.. he still adds his touch to it when it has his name on it, so i wouldnt complain
well Kush wasn't even produced by Dre, so yes something has changed.

Hope not. There's obviously been a lot of speculation about Detox through the years but it is beginning to look more like fact that the album is going to be horrible. What the fuck is Dre doing?

I've seen an incredible amount of hate regarding this track and the final version hasn't even come out.   From all of the songs that have been leaked so far, this one by far has the best chance of succeeding on the radio.  Is anyone even doubting Eminem at this point, or that Alex da Kid is a hot producer at the moment? This song has a hot hook, a couple of hot verses from Eminem and a beat that has the potential to be hot and at a minimum extremely radio friendly.

All of us that were looking for a completely chronic type record are not going to get it.  It is simple, that music doesn't sell anymore.
well, are you getting royalties from Detox? don't think so.

ALSO, do ANY of you realize that Lord Finnese produced 1 track on 2001?  (The Message)
1 out of 17 tracks, it's already twice as much for detox
And don't act like there is no difference between Lord finesse & Alex da kid.
+ it was a nice song with a dope beat ( the sound fits 2001)

there's nothing new about that, Dre has always had a massive team of collaborators making music for him, this is historical fact. even stretching as far back to his N.W.A. dayz, Dre uses all these different dudes talents to make them into one cohesive unit that best represents his musical vision, The Chronic & 2001 are great representations of that. so on & so forth... also he has never written a single line/rap for himself

true. although he admitted that he's not a lyricist.

cham, just accept the fact that some don't/won't like the song.

take 50's I get it in for example: i remember some were saying: wait for the final version. i agree that the final version was better than the first leak, but it was still not good enough

HighEyeCue

« Reply #49 on: January 17, 2011, 08:52:19 AM »
maybe the mastered version will sound better :-\

the hook still fits an Em track better and Dre sounds awkward on this

dopeascanbe

• 'G'
« Reply #50 on: January 17, 2011, 10:02:03 AM »
DRE, Snoop, and Game will never please most of you on here even if the song is good, because your asses are stuck in the 90s and early 2000s.  With that said this song is not bad.

snoop

« Reply #51 on: January 17, 2011, 10:26:52 AM »
I bet the finished version of I Need a Doctor sounds very different than the version everyone on here is complaining about.

westcoastriders

• 'G'
« Reply #52 on: January 17, 2011, 11:23:20 AM »
Not surprising if true.  Just like what happened for 2001.  They're following the same formula.  The 1st single off that album was with Snoop (Still DRE) and it bombed just like Kush is doing now.  They then released Forgot About Dre with Eminem, which was prolly the worst song on that album but it had Eminem so it did well. 
Forgot about dre was not the worst song at all I thought Em got off on that shit and people were going nuts over that track when it hit radio! I think every song on Cronic 2001 was the shit! Thats an album you can bump back to back just put the cd on play from begining and let it play all the way to the end! Will the new album be just as dope I don't know but people are still going to bump it no matter what casue its DRE!!

If I say bitch lets go, you already know, Westward Hoe!

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #53 on: January 17, 2011, 11:35:43 AM »
lol motherfuckers are heartbroken

ppl wont settle for less then nothing but a g thang part 356

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #54 on: January 17, 2011, 12:10:46 PM »
I bet the finished version of I Need a Doctor sounds very different than the version everyone on here is complaining about.

I bet not. Sounded fairly finished to me

Gamestarr

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • P
« Reply #55 on: January 17, 2011, 01:30:26 PM »

ALSO, do ANY of you realize that Lord Finnese produced 1 track on 2001?  (The Message)

I'm sure most people here know that, the difference between The Message and these Detox tracks is that The Message was good. It was a track that suited Dre. It was also the only track on the album that wasn't produced by Dre and Mel Man, apparently Detox has more than this already.

There's also a difference between Dre producing WITH people and the probable situation here where Dre's picking beats he likes from tapes people are sending him. Where's the creativity in that, where's the connection between Kush* and I Need A Doctor which provides a cohesive sound for the album?

Yeah Kush & I Need A Doctor sound like 2 different tracks on 2 different albums by 2 different artists..

::)

No Compute

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #56 on: January 17, 2011, 01:43:56 PM »

Yeah Kush & I Need A Doctor sound like 2 different tracks on 2 different albums by 2 different artists..

::)

They have being shit in common.

snoop

« Reply #57 on: January 17, 2011, 01:44:56 PM »

I bet not. Sounded fairly finished to me

I can't imagine him releasing that version of the song as a single, two months after it has leaked.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2011, 02:29:43 PM by snoop »

Get It Off Ya Chest

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #58 on: January 17, 2011, 02:35:25 PM »

do you know what song(s) he's written for?

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #59 on: January 17, 2011, 02:45:36 PM »

cham, just accept the fact that some don't/won't like the song.

take 50's I get it in for example: i remember some were saying: wait for the final version. i agree that the final version was better than the first leak, but it was still not good enough

I've accepted the fact that most won't like the album lol.

I've said it before, if 2001 never came out & he dropped it in two months some people wouldn't even like that lol.

It's all in the sub-conscious.