Author Topic: "Dre's First Official Single, I Need A Doc w/ Eminem" - Alex Da Kid  (Read 9683 times)

Detox Is A Myth!!!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Detox is the biggest marketing deception on Earth
Re: "Dre's First Official Single, I Need A Doc w/ Eminem" - Alex Da Kid
« Reply #60 on: January 17, 2011, 05:00:09 PM »
motherfuckers are heartbroken

:D It's funny to see people's hearts breaking on the Internet.  Fact is Dre is well past his prime.  Why are people expecting Detox to be the best album of Dre's career?  His prime was Elif4Zaggin, Chronic, and Doggystyle -- that run, that era.  It's 2011 now, something like 16 years later.  There's no way Dre is going to come back better than ever at this point in his career.  It's like asking Michael Jordan on the Wizards to score 37 points a game again like he did in the late 1980s.  It just doesn't work like that.  Artists are like athletes -- you rise and fall.  It's a bell-shaped curve.  If Detox is a decent/ok album with technical mastery, I'll be fine with it (assuming it's even a real album, which I'm still waiting for him to show and prove, going on 10 years now).  But I do not expect in any way, shape or form for Detox to be some kind of amazing artistic accomplishment.  Life's progression just doesn't work like that.  Compared to Dre's previous masterpieces, it's going to be "ehh."  Cham is right in that there's no way for Dre to please all of us, but Cham's not right in the way he means it.  It's not because we as fans are stuck in the 90s or whatever.  It's because Dre doesn't have the artistic ability anymore to make something that would please all of us fans.  In the early 90s he could, but not anymore, because he's well past his prime.
"Detox" is a myth -- Bigfoot, Loch Ness Monster, Area 51, Iraq having WMD, Detox...you get it now?  It was invented by the Aftermath marketing department to maintain the fans' attention.  Notice how everytime a new Aftermath album is ready to come out, they always mention Detox is next up?  Because they are using the invention of "Detox" as a way to market other albums.  The sooner you realize that Detox is NOT REAL, the sooner you'll feel liberated.  Oh yeah, f.u. Aftermath for fooling us fans.

Matty

« Reply #61 on: January 17, 2011, 05:12:22 PM »

:D It's funny to see people's hearts breaking on the Internet.  Fact is Dre is well past his prime.  Why are people expecting Detox to be the best album of Dre's career?  His prime was Elif4Zaggin, Chronic, and Doggystyle -- that run, that era.  It's 2011 now, something like 16 years later.  There's no way Dre is going to come back better than ever at this point in his career.  It's like asking Michael Jordan on the Wizards to score 37 points a game again like he did in the late 1980s.  It just doesn't work like that.  Artists are like athletes -- you rise and fall.  It's a bell-shaped curve.  If Detox is a decent/ok album with technical mastery, I'll be fine with it (assuming it's even a real album, which I'm still waiting for him to show and prove, going on 10 years now).  But I do not expect in any way, shape or form for Detox to be some kind of amazing artistic accomplishment.  Life's progression just doesn't work like that.  Compared to Dre's previous masterpieces, it's going to be "ehh."  Cham is right in that there's no way for Dre to please all of us, but Cham's not right in the way he means it.  It's not because we as fans are stuck in the 90s or whatever.  It's because Dre doesn't have the artistic ability anymore to make something that would please all of us fans.  In the early 90s he could, but not anymore, because he's well past his prime.

a lot of truth to this, dre is never gonna make that impact with his music again. but at the same time you'd still expect detox to be a better than average album, just based on the 'technical mastery' or whatever. relapse certainly had a very advanced mix, regardless of the corny horrorcore themes. problem with kush and i need a doctor, these tracks barely surpass average and are not muscially interesting or resonating in the least. that's a step down for even post-2000 dre.

Gamestarr

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • P
« Reply #62 on: January 17, 2011, 05:18:45 PM »

a lot of truth to this, dre is never gonna make that impact with his music again. but at the same time you'd still expect detox to be a better than average album, just based on the 'technical mastery' or whatever. relapse certainly had a very advanced mix, regardless of the corny horrorcore themes. problem with kush and i need a doctor, these tracks barely surpass average and are not muscially interesting or resonating in the least. that's a step down for even post-2000 dre.

Really well said.

I expect dopeness.. Nothing more, nothing less.

MrJas

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #63 on: January 17, 2011, 07:42:43 PM »

Dw bro, detox is a myth anyway
You expect me to download an album that isn't real?  Sorry, but I can't sign this.

Gambler

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Raw Impact
« Reply #64 on: January 18, 2011, 12:10:23 AM »

3 pages off a comment Alex Da Kid made?

so this "news" isn't even official ...

that dude makes beats, doubt he knows what is coming out and when.

MrJas

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #65 on: January 18, 2011, 02:13:53 AM »

3 pages off a comment Alex Da Kid made?

so this "news" isn't even official ...

that dude makes beats, doubt he knows what is coming out and when.

C/S 100000%. Alex Da Kid is a flop who should just fuck off already. As good as the single is and would have been for Dre's comeback, i REALLLY doubt he's going to put out a song that has been leaked for a while now. Doesn't make sense. Cmon' dre pick another song out of that vault
You expect me to download an album that isn't real?  Sorry, but I can't sign this.

I`m Wayne Brady bitch!

« Reply #66 on: January 18, 2011, 03:21:14 AM »

Case closed. Now move on, please.

dnjp4life

« Reply #67 on: January 18, 2011, 07:26:04 AM »
I will reserve full judgment for this song considering we've only heard it in basic form, completely unmixed and most likely unfinished.  BUT, I don't think I will like it anyway when it drops.  It just sounds far too like an Eminem song for my liking and not at all how I imagined any Detox record to sound. 

I just hope Dre's other choice of songs for singles are better than this one.

Bomb-A®

« Reply #68 on: January 18, 2011, 07:26:17 AM »
After all the rappers and producers who've falsely associated themselves with Detox over the years for free publicity, how can you all believe what this guy has to say? We should wait for official confirmation.

As for the track itself, I don't like it for multiple reasons:

1. Dre didn't produce it (I'll still reserve judgement till I hear a mixed CDQ version).
2. Dre only has one verse (that too the last one), while Em has two. It reminds me of how 50 overshadowed Game on his debut single.
3. It sounds like an Eminem song that just happens to feature Dre, unlike Still DRE or Forgot About Dre. We've had enough of hearing about how everyone doubted Em when he was coming up and how Dre saved his life. This track shouldn't be about Em. Even Dre's verse is about Em. Is this even confirmed as a Detox leak and not a Relapse/Recover leftover?
« Last Edit: January 18, 2011, 07:31:53 AM by Bomb-A® »

Okka

« Reply #69 on: January 18, 2011, 01:50:09 PM »
there's nothing new about that, Dre has always had a massive team of collaborators making music for him, this is historical fact. even stretching as far back to his N.W.A. dayz, Dre uses all these different dudes talents to make them into one cohesive unit that best represents his musical vision, The Chronic & 2001 are great representations of that. so on & so forth... also he has never written a single line/rap for himself

Yes, he actually has. Even Snoop Dogg and MC Ren has confirmed that.

do you know what song(s) he's written for?

MC Ren said that Dr.Dre wrote some of his NWA shit and i know for sure that Dre wrote a line or two of "Deep Cover". Actually i think it was the first two lines of the song, i remember Snoop Dogg sayin' somethin' like that in some old interview. I think Ren spoke about this subject in his interview with The Formula.com

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #70 on: January 18, 2011, 03:00:07 PM »
By the way, this beat isn't that bad. I feel if Dre produced it, not as many would complain.

It's not a "2001", West Coast banger. Which I understand you all, for some odd reason, think you're getting, so I can understand your frustration, I suppose lol.

HighEyeCue

« Reply #71 on: January 18, 2011, 03:06:09 PM »
By the way, this beat isn't that bad. I feel if Dre produced it, not as many would complain.

It's not a "2001", West Coast banger. Which I understand you all, for some odd reason, think you're getting, so I can understand your frustration, I suppose lol.

I don't know whats worse, the beat or the hook lol

This definitely feels like an Em track rather than a Detox one

es-jay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #72 on: January 18, 2011, 03:24:03 PM »

i'm still 99% sure that this will be an Eminem single.

for the record: i actually like the song, and it has the potential to be a massive hit.

HighEyeCue

« Reply #73 on: January 18, 2011, 03:31:09 PM »

i'm still 99% sure that this will be an Eminem single.

for the record: i actually like the song, and it has the potential to be a massive hit.

I have no doubt it could be a huge hit, but I think the track is for Detox

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #74 on: January 18, 2011, 10:19:18 PM »

I don't know whats worse, the beat or the hook lol

The hook is awesome. The beat is futuristic. Then give me both in CDQ & those two might be better than the lyrics lol.

Because if everyone is convinced Dre is dropping shit to see the response of it, then that's what he did with this & since everyone is complaining about the beat, Dre likely went into the studio & touched it up.