Author Topic: Sam Sneed-Street Scholars [appreciation thread!]  (Read 1949 times)

hobomotel

Re: Sam Sneed-Street Scholars [appreciation thread!]
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2011, 02:47:57 PM »
Just skimmed through it. I prefer the lady Heroin that we have all had for ages compared to this one. Guess i'm just used to that one. Other than that Drug Related is awesome as well as Hollywood even though that has been altered slightly.

awol22222

« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2011, 02:49:58 PM »
Where abouts can i 'find' this album?  ;)
dont buy albums.com

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2011, 03:18:23 PM »
Here's an email from Sam Sneed sent to somebody at tupacnation.net...

SO SORRY ABOUT THAT BUT WHAT THEY ALL HAVE TO OVERSTAND IS 1. AT FIRST I WAS UNDER THE IMPRESSION THAT MY FANS JUST WANTED TO HEAR ANYTHING THAT I WAS DOING UNTIL I FOUND OUT LATE IN THE GAME. YEAH I HEARD SOME SAYING THEY WANTED TO HEAR THE OLD ALBUM BUT I ALSO HEARD A LOT OF PEOPLE WANTED TO HEAR WHAT I WAS DOING NOW. 2. SOME OF THE ORIGINAL MATERIAL FROM 96 WAS MISSING, THE SONG WITH SNOOP WAS ONE OF THEM. OTHER PARTS ON SOME OF THE OTHER SONGS WERE ALSO MISSING AND TO DUPLICATE ALL THAT WOULD HAVE DEMANDED TIME THAT I DIDNT HAVE BECAUSE I HAD TO TURN IN THE ALBUM QUICK, A MONTH FROM THE TIME THE BUDGET WAS CUT. THATS MY FAULT BECAUSE I COULD HAVE JUST GIVIN YOU ALL THE ORIGINAL UNCOMPLETED MATERIAL AS IS MIXED AND MASTERED 3. I WILL ALSO TAKE FULL BLAME FOR ALSO WANTING WHAT IM DOING NOW TO BE HEARD. 4. NOW IF YOU ALL STILL WANNA HEAR THE REST OF THAT ALBUM PUT TOGETHER PROPERLY, SEND A REQUEST TO WIDE AWAKE ENT. WHO SHOWED ME NOTHING BUT LOVE AND THEN I WILL DO MY BEST TO DUPLICATE THE REST OF THAT ALBUM THEN EVERYBODY WILL BE HAPPY AND WE ALL CAN GO PARTY. LOVE YOU ALL ONE LOVE MY SCHOLARS!

I talked to him on facebook but he didn't say all of that.

sam is not fair, he recognised that he drop a fucking lame prosuct and he want us to ask for more of it? sorry sam, your album won#'t move 1000 units so you won't get a second chance to do it right. i waited 15 years for this to drop and what do you give me? eat a dick

I could see Sam's story being true      but with that said I'm glad to have HOllywood...
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

procrastiNate

« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2011, 04:24:59 PM »
Why does the version of U Better Recognize on here not sound as good as the version on MWTC? ??? They could've just used that version, even if it was an mp3.

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2011, 04:27:59 PM »
Why does the version of U Better Recognize on here not sound as good as the version on MWTC? ??? They could've just used that version, even if it was an mp3.
lol   thats wide awake for ya

but im glad they threw it on there because theres always gonna be that one guy who picks it up by mistake and sees Dre is on it and buys it for that reason and gets to hear the dopeness of Sneed
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #20 on: January 17, 2011, 07:33:49 PM »
does Sam even rap on the non death row era songs??????????????????  if so I haven't heard him yet lol

but i may just buy this to pay Sam for his hard work in the 1990s to be honest...guy was amazing

Anonymous.

• 'G'
« Reply #21 on: January 17, 2011, 07:38:00 PM »
those tracks ft ramaj he dosent rap..and one of em is the first song..what a way to kick off your own album!
Our Detox who Flop in heaven,
overrated be thy name,
thy wackness come,
thy will be done,
in Cali as it is in Europe,
give us this day our early leaks,
and forgive us our bootleggers,
for we promote those who bootleg the wankstas,
and lead us not into some gay shit,
but deliver us from wiggers,
Amen.

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #22 on: January 17, 2011, 07:51:03 PM »
Going Hollywood is clearly the highlight of the project

awol22222

« Reply #23 on: January 17, 2011, 07:55:32 PM »
Going Hollywood is clearly the highlight of the project
Too me, it's "Drug Related".

Nooc210

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Planets
« Reply #24 on: January 17, 2011, 08:46:54 PM »
the 'Kingdom Come' beat is :o
The Chonic • 2001 • Compton •
http://www.drdre.com

doggfather

« Reply #25 on: January 18, 2011, 04:21:24 AM »
This album isnt to bad. The new tracks are cool, love the old shit though  8)
https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

sneikki

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #26 on: January 18, 2011, 04:26:12 AM »
Going hollywood is straight banger  8)

kuruptDPG

« Reply #27 on: January 18, 2011, 04:27:25 AM »
my fave traks are

04.  U Better Recognize Ft. Dr. Dre                            
05.  Marriage Ft. Jeff Chery And Lj                            
07.  I Keep A Check Ft. Money Ink                                                          
09.  New World Order Ft. Feab, Atilio Jarquin, Ramaj And Shadow                              
11.  What I'm Looking For Ft. Meshun Fuller          
12.  Lady Heroin Ft. J. Flex                                    
13.  Goin' Hollywood Ft. Jasz And Cornelius "Slick" Barnes
14.  Drug Related                                                

MistaNova

« Reply #28 on: January 18, 2011, 04:33:21 AM »
Anyone know which tracks are new and which are old?

TRG

« Reply #29 on: January 18, 2011, 04:48:23 AM »
Anyone know which tracks are new and which are old?

Old:

U Better Recognize
Lady Heroin
Goin' Hollywood
Drug Related

the rest are new, unless i missed one.