Author Topic: Dawaun Parker Interview (Aftermath/Eminem/Dr. Dre/Detox)  (Read 703 times)

TRG

Dawaun Parker Interview (Aftermath/Eminem/Dr. Dre/Detox)
« on: January 16, 2011, 04:30:40 AM »
Dawaun just did an interview for Conspiracy World Wide Radio:

Dawaun's part:

http://hulkshare.com/v3nygoo5z1gi

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/AQCOIgIST6A" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/AQCOIgIST6A</a>
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/MpoOZDTzAJw" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/MpoOZDTzAJw</a>
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/CEyfO_aXfxk" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/CEyfO_aXfxk</a>
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/TB4V11mcP48" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/TB4V11mcP48</a>

The rest of the show for anyone interested:

http://conspiracyworldwide.podomatic.com/entry/index/2011-01-15T07_58_33-08_00

« Last Edit: January 16, 2011, 07:15:12 AM by TRG »

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
Re: Dawaun Parker Interview (Aftermath/Eminem/Dr. Dre/Detox)
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2011, 05:46:57 AM »
nice interview, thanks for posting.

in case anyone still thinks Dre is stealing credit, listen to his partner.

also, we have the confirmation that Detox is not coming in february :laugh:
although the interview probably took place before the release of Kush.

Matty

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2011, 05:52:00 AM »
seems this took place around new years. he doesn't say anything interesting about detox.

Adriano

• Dream Team
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2011, 06:19:59 AM »
seems this took place around new years. he doesn't say anything interesting about detox.

sum up please

trg +1 for postin

Westcoast News Network // www.dubcnn.com // Westcoast News Network

shu

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2011, 06:59:12 AM »
dr dre pushes back detox good news but it's an habit for the doctor  february 2011 it's a joke for us the business will be bad !!!
i want summer 2011 with a lot of summer's show with his "up and smoke team " (Game snoop em ice cube nas and more ...)
and the RED album before DETOX !!!

Lucifuge

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2011, 08:03:58 AM »
this interwiew is old like 2 years am i right? relapese? why talk about that album after two years?
ALESSANDRO DEL PIERO!!!

Detox 2000Never

tyranasaurus rex like fuck a bitch
i once saw a pterdactyl fuck a bitch
eat a bowl these bitch gobbling dick
hoes forgot to eat a dick a shut the fuck up
roll through crenshaw on my pterdactyl like what up!
By kevin t as Kurupt :D

thegooddoc

« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2011, 08:44:53 AM »
this interwiew is old like 2 years am i right? relapese? why talk about that album after two years?

The reason he asked about Relapse was because D. Porter co-produced most of the tracks on the album.  The Detox discussion was recent, at least within the last few weeks.  He also talked about Eminem's 2011 release. 

Okka

« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2011, 10:06:27 AM »
What did he talk about? Can somebody tell us who don't wanna listen to the whole shit.

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2011, 01:03:26 PM »
From what I've listened to, Dawaun Parker talked about his experience working for Interscope/Aftermath.   Dr. Dre is a player coach and he's part of the team.  He was hired out of Berkley and from the beginning he was credited for any work that was published.  He works with Dr. Dre more than he does with MCs.  He talked about how they constantly work on multiple projects at a time and it's never for sure what material will go to whom until it's officially decided.     

They make music, not necessarily for any MC.  For example, talks about creating Crack A Bottle with Dr.Dre and only latter did Eminem acquire the beat and write for it.  He's credited as co-writer but that does not mean he wrote verses, it just means he wrote part of the music. He cares less about making money and more about the quality of product released.  A typical day in recording consists of making music they want to make and not music they feel obligated to make.  There are many discussions between him and Dr. Dre concerning music. 

When he does interact with MCs such as Eminem it's about other music or non musical activities - it does not usually include a reflection on their own work.  For example. Parker & Eminem had a conversation where Parker reflected on his youth and how the underground (from where Parker was from Sage Francis was big) influenced him but he does not create music like that type of underground artist.   

When questioned about Relapse and how he felt about Eminem's comments that it was disappointing, Parker simply said that when you're creating music it's all positive energy and post reception is always different.  He doesn't regret anything about the music.  He talks about how some people come up to him and tell him they love the album more than Recovery and how some weren't fans of it.   Basically, despite Eminem's comments, it's still of a body work that is not immediately diminished because Eminem is disappointed. 

When questioned about Detox he says everyone is waiting on Dr.Dre to push the button.  He states "You never know with Dr. Dre.  He could wake up one day and start over."  Dawaun says it's not like he's been working on it the entire time he's been working under Dr. Dre.  Only in the last year did they start creating songs here and there for Detox.   He's sure it'll be revealed when Dr. Dre is ready.  He says "He knows Detox is at the finish line if not done."

He talks about creating music for Raekwon & Cory Gunz.  He shouts out Bishop Lamont & D.O.C when they're brought up by the interviewers. 

His own music is a project.  It could range from an ep to a double disc album.  He doesn't reveal too much about it.  He is not in a rush to release his music.  First, it's about quality over quantity. 
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

Gamestarr

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • P
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2011, 01:35:27 PM »
From what I've listened to, Dawaun Parker talked about his experience working for Interscope/Aftermath.   Dr. Dre is a player coach and he's part of the team.  He was hired out of Berkley and from the beginning he was credited for any work that was published.  He works with Dr. Dre more than he does with MCs.  He talked about how they constantly work on multiple projects at a time and it's never for sure what material will go to whom until it's officially decided.     

They make music, not necessarily for any MC.  For example, talks about creating Crack A Bottle with Dr.Dre and only latter did Eminem acquire the beat and write for it.  He's credited as co-writer but that does not mean he wrote verses, it just means he wrote part of the music. He cares less about making money and more about the quality of product released.  A typical day in recording consists of making music they want to make and not music they feel obligated to make.  There are many discussions between him and Dr. Dre concerning music. 

When he does interact with MCs such as Eminem it's about other music or non musical activities - it does not usually include a reflection on their own work.  For example. Parker & Eminem had a conversation where Parker reflected on his youth and how the underground (from where Parker was from Sage Francis was big) influenced him but he does not create music like that type of underground artist.   

When questioned about Relapse and how he felt about Eminem's comments that it was disappointing, Parker simply said that when you're creating music it's all positive energy and post reception is always different.  He doesn't regret anything about the music.  He talks about how some people come up to him and tell him they love the album more than Recovery and how some weren't fans of it.   Basically, despite Eminem's comments, it's still of a body work that is not immediately diminished because Eminem is disappointed. 

When questioned about Detox he says everyone is waiting on Dr.Dre to push the button.  He states "You never know with Dr. Dre.  He could wake up one day and start over."  Dawaun says it's not like he's been working on it the entire time he's been working under Dr. Dre.  Only in the last year did they start creating songs here and there for Detox.   He's sure it'll be revealed when Dr. Dre is ready.  He says "He knows Detox is at the finish line if not done."

He talks about creating music for Raekwon & Cory Gunz.  He shouts out Bishop Lamont & D.O.C when they're brought up by the interviewers. 

His own music is a project.  It could range from an ep to a double disc album.  He doesn't reveal too much about it.  He is not in a rush to release his music.  First, it's about quality over quantity. 

THANK YOU!

Nobody wants to hear that whole interview. lol

Eminem did write everything for Crack A Bottle right? It was him solo on the reference track that leaked as ''number 1''

DTG Entertainment

« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2011, 01:53:59 PM »
Yes, but Crack A Bottle wasn't originally his track.

West$ide Boi

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • 'Women, Weed & Weather'
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2011, 01:03:02 PM »
Dawaun Parker is dope as fuck, i looking forward for The Decision