Author Topic: The official The Dark Knight Rises thread...  (Read 8076 times)

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: The official The Dark Knight Rises thread...
« Reply #120 on: March 28, 2011, 04:56:49 PM »
Why not! They seem to have the right formula.

If doing 5 or 6 even if say the 5th one is not as good as the other ones i dont think it tarnishes the legacy

DeeezNuuuts83

« Reply #121 on: March 29, 2011, 04:39:26 PM »
You gotta quit while you're ahead though.  It's better to end on a high note rather than ending because you played yourself out.  You don't want it to be like Michael Jordan when he played for the Wizards.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #122 on: April 03, 2011, 09:56:04 PM »
I was just playin' lol.

Think about it, we wouldn't get a fifth one until like 2020 lol. Christian Bale would be up for lifetime achievement awards at the Oscars. :P

DEKO

« Reply #123 on: April 05, 2011, 11:29:55 AM »
The Dark Knight Rises to Shoot in Pittsburgh

While there was some speculation that The Dark Knight Rises would shoot in New Orleans, the production has passed on the city and will set up shop in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.  The Pittsburgh Post-Gazette reports that the production could be in the city for four to six weeks shooting in downtown and the surrounding area.  While I would like to say this is a further indictment of how little Christopher Nolan cares about the look of Gotham City, I'm not sure if Tdkr even takes place in Gotham.  However, Chicago (the home of The Dark Knight) can't be mistaken for Pittsburgh, so either Nolan doesn't really care that the look of Batman's hometown will change yet again or we're not going to Gotham at all. Hit the jump for more on the film and a statement from Nolan about shooting in Pittsburgh this summer. 

The Dark Knight Rises opens July 20, 2012.

felipebtu

« Reply #124 on: April 05, 2011, 03:25:06 PM »
a

DEKO

« Reply #125 on: April 11, 2011, 06:25:34 AM »
Josh Pence Cast As Young Ra’s Al Ghul in TDKR

The Hollywood Reporter reported earlier today that Josh Pence has been cast “a young Ra’s al Ghul” in Christopher Nolan’s final Batman film, The Dark Knight Rises.

Josh Pence has yet to have a breakout role in a major film and an appearance in one of the most anticipated movies in recently history probably can’t hurt his carrer. He’s played in only a handful of films and has made a few TV appearances that include Parks and Recreation and CSI. You might not remember hearing about Pence playing Tyler Winklevoss in The Social Network, but he certainly did. Armie Hammer’s face was superimposed on his to create an identical twin. Pence recently wrapped filming Universal’s Battleship which, like Rises, hits theaters in mid-2012.

“A young Ra’s al Ghul.” We all know what that means. It looks like Christopher Nolan’s super-secret script contains some flashback sequences.

Marion Cotillard’s role as Thalia al Ghul, a rumor from February, was never confirmed. I think this news increases the chances of that rumor actually being realized. If we’re talking about flashback sequences here, there’s a great chance that the script for The Dark Knight Rises revolves heavily around Ra’s Al Ghul and possibly his family. News broke earlier this week of Cotillard scheduling to take on a summer project this year.

The Dark Knight Rises starts its worldwide production that includes filming locations like Los Angeles, London, Pittsburgh, and various parts of Europe and Asia next month.

DEKO

« Reply #126 on: April 12, 2011, 01:36:27 PM »
Daniel Sunjata Joins The Dark Knight Rises

We’ve been tipped off that The Tracking Board (via /Film) is reporting that Daniel Sunjata has joined the already impressive cast of The Dark Knight Rises. It is unclear (surprise, surprise) what role he will be playing, but the TTB says it is ‘rumored’ that Sunjata will play an ‘important character’ to the story. Fans of the show Rescue Me will recognize the otherwise lesser known actor, but don’t let his unknown-ness throw you off. In 2003, Sunjata won a Theatre World Award for his Broadway performance as a gay Major League Baseball player — a role which also earned him a Tony nomination. He has since had a number of small and breakout roles in various television shows and films.

It looks, to me, like Christopher Nolan is starting to fill in the missing pieces to the Rises casting puzzle as the start date draws closer — just a few weeks now. It would be nice though to get a confirmation on Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Marion Cotillard, no?

DEKO

« Reply #127 on: April 12, 2011, 11:09:13 PM »
Daniel Sunjata and Others Join The Dark Knight Rises

UPDATE: Variety is reporting that Diego Klattenhoff (Mean Girls, Men in Trees) and Burn Gorman (Torchwood, Layer Cake) will likely be joining the Dark Knight Rises team. According to the report, Klattenhoff has been offered the role of a rookie cop, and Gorman is being eyed for a supporting role in the film. The report also sheds more light on the Daniel Sunjata news, stating the actor is in early talks to play a special forces operative.

DEKO

« Reply #128 on: April 20, 2011, 03:03:28 AM »
Joseph Gordon-Levitt & Marion Cotillard Confirmed for TDKR

Warner Bros. sent out a press release earlier this afternoon confirming what we’ve all been speculating about for some time now: Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Marion Cotillard have been cast in The Dark Knight Rises. Websites and fanboys alike have been trying to predict which roles the actors will play in the much anticipated last chapter in Christopher Nolan’s Batman universe, but it shouldn’t be much surprise that everybody was seemingly wrong. Now worries though — this afternoon’s press release reveals the roles the two will play:

Cotillard will appear as Miranda Tate, a Wayne Enterprises board member eager to help a still-grieving Bruce Wayne resume his father’s philanthropic endeavors for Gotham. Gordon-Levitt will play John Blake, a Gotham City beat cop assigned to special duty under the command of Commissioner Gordon.

The director stated, “When you collaborate with people as talented as Marion and Joe, it comes as no surprise that you would want to repeat the experience.  I immediately thought of them for the roles of Miranda and Blake, and I am looking forward to working with both of them again.”.

So now we know. Can we officially put the Talia al Ghul and Alberto Falcone rumors to rest? Maybe. JGL and Cotillard will be joining Christian Bale, Tom Hardy, Anne Hathaway, Gary Oldman, Morgan Freeman, Michael Cane, and many more when The Dark Knight Rises hits theaters next summer on July 20.

JohnnyL

« Reply #129 on: April 20, 2011, 08:24:31 AM »
Joseph Gordon-Levitt & Marion Cotillard Confirmed for TDKR

Warner Bros. sent out a press release earlier this afternoon confirming what we’ve all been speculating about for some time now: Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Marion Cotillard have been cast in The Dark Knight Rises. Websites and fanboys alike have been trying to predict which roles the actors will play in the much anticipated last chapter in Christopher Nolan’s Batman universe, but it shouldn’t be much surprise that everybody was seemingly wrong. Now worries though — this afternoon’s press release reveals the roles the two will play:

Cotillard will appear as Miranda Tate, a Wayne Enterprises board member eager to help a still-grieving Bruce Wayne resume his father’s philanthropic endeavors for Gotham. Gordon-Levitt will play John Blake, a Gotham City beat cop assigned to special duty under the command of Commissioner Gordon.

The director stated, “When you collaborate with people as talented as Marion and Joe, it comes as no surprise that you would want to repeat the experience.  I immediately thought of them for the roles of Miranda and Blake, and I am looking forward to working with both of them again.”.

So now we know. Can we officially put the Talia al Ghul and Alberto Falcone rumors to rest? Maybe. JGL and Cotillard will be joining Christian Bale, Tom Hardy, Anne Hathaway, Gary Oldman, Morgan Freeman, Michael Cane, and many more when The Dark Knight Rises hits theaters next summer on July 20.

Yeah.  I believe we can definitely rule out Joseph Gordon-Levitt as Alberto Falcone.  With Marion Cotillard though, I still wonder if they may be trying to pull a similar move as they did in "Batman Begins" when we found out that Ducard was really Ras Al Ghul.  Especially since we know that the movie will feature a young Ras Al Ghul in some scenes.  I guess another possibility could be that they've cast a different actress as Talia or, as you mentioned, the Talia rumor could prove to just be false.

Lolita

• Lil Geezy
  • Female Hip-Hop Head & Aspiring Emcee
« Reply #130 on: April 25, 2011, 09:16:44 PM »
OMG these batman movies are soo overrated.

DEKO

« Reply #131 on: April 26, 2011, 08:34:36 AM »
OMG these batman movies are soo overrated.

That goes for your signature-pic aswell... in other words: FUCK OFF!!!

DEKO

« Reply #132 on: April 27, 2011, 09:16:09 AM »
The Dark Knight Rises To Shoot In India

An Indian news source is reporting that ‘The Dark Knight Rises’ will be partly shot in the city of Jodhpur. What does that say about recent rumors about the League of Shadows, Talia al Ghul, and the film in general?

Nestled within the rumored plot synopsis that has once again prompted speculation about the possible appearance of Hugo Strange in The Dark Knight Rises, there was also information about the shooting locations for Christopher Nolan’s new film – specifically, locales like Pittsburgh, New York, London, and India.

Now there’s been semi-official confirmation that Nolan’s third and final Batman pic will indeed be shooting on location in India. If nothing else, this information lends further support to the idea that the League of Shadows will indeed play an important role in the film – even though it may do so in a fashion that differs from previous rumors on the topic.

The Daily Bhaskar is reporting that Dark Knight Rises will be shooting in Jodhpur – also known as “the Sun City” – the second-largest city in the Indian state of Rajasthan. To refresh your memory: in Batman Begins, Bruce Wayne (Christian Bale) spent a period of time imprisoned in  Bhutan prior to his meeting with Henri Ducard/Ra’s al Ghul (Liam Neeson) and training with him at the League of Shadows’ home base, located somewhere within the vicinity of (or actually in) India.

Between Josh Pence’s role in Dark Knight Rises and Gary Oldman’s comments about the third movie bringing Nolan’s Batman trilogy full circle, it seemed all but a given that the League will play an active role in the film – and not just appear via flashbacks. However, while this new information supports that (admittedly, at this point, kind of obvious) idea, I wouldn’t say it lends further credence to the Hugo Strange rumors. Then again, it’s still all just speculation at this point, right?

The recent official confirmation of Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Marion Cotillard as being members of the Dark Knight Rises cast also included information about their respective roles in the pic – and, naturally, many a fan (us here at Screen Rant included) were immediately suspicious about the true nature of their characters in the film. With Cotillard in particular, there seems to be good reason to suspect that she could actually be playing  Talia al Ghul, who uses the name Miranda Tate as an alias (like her father did with Henri Ducard).

It is of course possible that Cotillard’s character has no secret identity, but (as I see it) there are a handful of reasons to think otherwise (Nolan’s tricky tendencies aside):
 •If the League of Shadows is playing an important part in the plot of Dark Knight Rises, then Talia seems all the more likely to show up as well.
 •Tate is said to be aiding Bruce Wayne with his “philanthropic endeavors for Gotham.” So isn’t she also well positioned to either ruin and/or control his resources – a position someone like Talia would definitely covet?
 •Both Talia and Selina Kyle/Catwoman (Anne Hathaway) are morally ambiguous anti-heroines who (in the original comics) become romantically involved with Batman at one point or another. So if the two were to both show up in Dark Knight Rises, it would really force the Caped Crusader to question his own beliefs about the criminal mind – and offer him all the more temptation to embrace “the dark side” of his vigilante personality, so to speak.

To reiterate: it’s entirely possible that Cotillard’s Miranda Tate has no ulterior motive and that the League of Shadows won’t feature that much in the plot of Dark Knight Rises. For the time being, however, I think there’s good reason to be suspicious.

All will be revealed when The Dark Knight Rises in theaters on July 20th, 2012.

DEKO

« Reply #133 on: April 29, 2011, 03:20:39 AM »
The Dark Knight Rises Set to Begin Production in India

After a few days worth of varied speculation, The Times of India has confirmed that Christopher Nolan’s The Dark Knight Rises will begin production with a two-day shoot in India on May 6 and May 7. Nolan specifically settled on the Mehrangarh Fort after scouting for locations in both Jodhpur and Jaipur last December. It’s an imposing structure that overlooks the beautiful blue city of Jodhpur from about 400 feet, perfect for some impressive IMAX photography (or perhaps a few ornate interior shots). Although I fully expected the Indian sequence to be the “key flashback” featuring Josh Pence as a young Ra’s Al Ghul, Christian Bale will apparently be the only actor involved in the shoot – joined by a slim production crew of around fifteen. What does Nolan have in store for The Dark Knight Rises in Jodhpur without Ra’s or Bane?

It's finally gonna start!!! :o ;D

doggfather

« Reply #134 on: April 29, 2011, 03:24:51 AM »
good to read that!!
https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ