Author Topic: The official The Dark Knight Rises thread...  (Read 8102 times)

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
Re: TDKR: Anne Hathaway is Catwoman + Tom Hardy is Bane (confirmed)!!!
« Reply #45 on: January 25, 2011, 06:24:13 AM »
^ oh i forgot to add, what are you thinking of the new production w/ andrew garfield, i dont know anything about it, but i like the kid

JohnnyL

« Reply #46 on: January 25, 2011, 07:10:45 AM »
^ i liked spiderman 1, but couldn't stand 2 (even though everyone liked it, and it was unanimously looked at as the best of the 3) and the 3rd was a joke. i see what you mean, i checked out that spectacular spiderman and thats what you mean when you mean getting in touch with kids, no?

The cartoon? More or less. I wouldn't an exact translation to film, but I want to feel that a teenage Spiderman isn't older than me, and Tobey Maguire is older than me by 7 years. And I wasn't even a teen anymore when the first Spidey came out.

on a side note I just realized that Tobey is a full year older than Peyton Manning and Donovan McNabb, but they seem like old men and Tobey still looks like a young guy. Not sure why I mentioned that. It just feels weird to think about it that way.

Andrew Garfield is a good actor, but he's much older than teenage too.  He's 27  years old, and from what I understand, this movie is supposed to start with Parker in high school.  I don't know...I hope it turns out to be good, but I'm skeptical.  I will say though, that I do like the casting of Emma Stone as Gwen Stacy. 

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #47 on: January 25, 2011, 09:04:44 AM »

The Batman universe is one that so far in the movies is not hard to follow. If this is the end of Bruce Waynes younger years, you can easily set up his older years. Robin does not become part of the Batman story until Batman is older anyways. The next trilogy can focus on the Robins, from Dick Grayson and his eventual rebellion, to Jason Todd and his death, to Tim Drake and his role as the best Robin. In there you'd Batgirl who evenually become paralyzed and photos given to Commissioner Gordon in a way to try to make him insane. It does not have to be a complete reboot, Just reference these movies as the origin, and go from there.

My point is that once you go the 3 Robins route or anything like that the entire Nolan tone has to go away. You simply cannot keep his style with the intro of Robin, and Nolan knows that; which is why won't bring Robin in.

So if you have a new Bruce Wayne, a Director, and a new style, whether you like it or not it's a reboot. You can try and say otherwise but it still is. Batman Forever even had Burton on board and you could still argue reboot because of how different it was from the last two. Where X-3 changed directors, but not direction. The new Bat films don't have to make you forget the Nolan films existed but they could be enjoyed and fully appreciated with out ever seeing the Nolan trilogy. Unlike something like Star Wars, where the new trilogy has to be seen after the old trilogy to get what you're seeing. Because no one that has not seen the old films can appreciate just how bad the new films were.

Look at Batman the Animated series; it was entirely it's own entity and based off a lot of Batman entities and never really re-established Batman or set an origin in play, but it was a reboot of the character. It was not someone else's Batman animated on TV. So Nolan's Batman and who ever takes Batman in 5 to 10 years will be very different Batmen, but it is still possible to keep them in the same loose continuity that comics have Batman in. I'll simply know better. What I mean by that is if you try and say something in the new trilogy doesn't make sense because of something in the old trilogy then you're better off trying to find continuity in the 20 seasons of the Simpsons. Because Bart being in the 4th grade for 20 years will make more sense than this Batman and the new Batman being the same Batman.

See, my thinking is you do something like the Star Wars two trilogies. As everyone can see, both are made is different eras, have different feels and by all means are different stories, but are connected still. I think the origin that Nolan has created is one of the best stories of Batman, comic, movie or cartoon. I would like to see some continuity in the future, as this series was not made to end in 3 movies. Nolan is telling a story of young Batman, and the comic goes all the way until Bruce Wayne's death and older age. So someone can pick up the next Batman and do a Robin trilogy, and it doesn't have to be in Nolan's world. Batman today is the same continuity as Batman Year One, but it is not the same. Different authors, different focuses, and the past Batman's are only used as reference. At the same time, it would be foolish to ignore the Nolan trilogy, and if the right director handles the next trilogy then Robin can work. An older Batman can't handle being Batman, he needs Robin's help. With Jason Todd being a darker character anyways, and you can focus on Dick Grayson's rebellion and transformation into Knightwing, Robin can work in the Nolan world. But Nolan might not be able to see it, that's why they should hire me... lol.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #48 on: January 25, 2011, 02:32:50 PM »
^ oh i forgot to add, what are you thinking of the new production w/ andrew garfield, i dont know anything about it, but i like the kid

At least he looks young. And the pic I saw looked great. I'll save any more judgment for the film after I see a trailer.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #49 on: January 25, 2011, 02:43:03 PM »
Fuck a reboot for the two biggest comic-to-movie adaptations of our generation. Batman Begins and Spiderman were originally so affective because they were using material that was dead and gone to the mainstream movie-goer. The Batman series that began with Burton's Batman had been dead for 8 years and really had no love in the public view. Nolan's Batman and Raimi's Spiderman series are still fresh in everyone's mind, and seen in a very positive light. It doesn't make sense to start them over right now.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #50 on: January 25, 2011, 03:01:10 PM »

See, my thinking is you do something like the Star Wars two trilogies. As everyone can see, both are made is different eras, have different feels and by all means are different stories, but are connected still. I think the origin that Nolan has created is one of the best stories of Batman, comic, movie or cartoon. I would like to see some continuity in the future, as this series was not made to end in 3 movies. Nolan is telling a story of young Batman, and the comic goes all the way until Bruce Wayne's death and older age. So someone can pick up the next Batman and do a Robin trilogy, and it doesn't have to be in Nolan's world. Batman today is the same continuity as Batman Year One, but it is not the same. Different authors, different focuses, and the past Batman's are only used as reference. At the same time, it would be foolish to ignore the Nolan trilogy, and if the right director handles the next trilogy then Robin can work. An older Batman can't handle being Batman, he needs Robin's help. With Jason Todd being a darker character anyways, and you can focus on Dick Grayson's rebellion and transformation into Knightwing, Robin can work in the Nolan world. But Nolan might not be able to see it, that's why they should hire me... lol.

I have no problem with your idea. A 3 Robins trilogy would be fine, and I guess I see what you mean. You establish character's like Joker, Two Face, and Bane. You establish the characters now and then bring them back in the future trilogy and you could tell a great story.

It starts off with a Robin Begins type story of Bruce finding Dick Grayson. The second film is Dick wanting to break off and Batman turning to a new Robin, Jason Todd who by the end of it ends up killed by the Joker, maybe because of something Nightwing did wrong. In the third film still blaming himself, and Grayson, Batman is more of a recluse, even almost kills the Joker. Off his game Bane gets the better of him and leaves him paralyzed. Dick takes over as Batman and trains Tim Drake against Bruce's wishes.

The hard part would be to find 3 consecutive reasons for a young boy to be taken in as an heir to the cowl. And three films in a row of a kid becoming Robin would be tedious. So I wouldn't have all three focus on it. Grayson story is expressed in full form. Todd's would be more based on just training and then he gets killed before Batman ever deems him street ready. Maybe he goes out on his own after advice from Dick who tells him to take matters into his own hands. And Drake wouldn't show up until the second half of the third film and his training is just beginning as the film ends.

the second two origins of the Robin's would have to differ from the comics though.

DEKO

« Reply #51 on: January 29, 2011, 10:04:25 AM »
New super rumor:

Robin Williams is no stranger to Batman movies. He was offered the role of The Joker back in Tim Burton’s Batman, only to have it taken away when Jack Nicholson expressed interest. Then he was offered the role of The Riddler in Joel Schumacher’s Batman Forever, but they ended up giving it to Jim Carrey instead. Since then, Robin Williams has been lobbying to get cast in one of Christopher Nolan’s Batman films — is his wish about to be granted?

RW as Strange? Hmm...January 28, 2011 2:22 pm via Twitter for BlackBerryu00ae

The tweet above from BOF’s Jett peaked my interest this morning. Jett has mentioned Robin Williams before on his BOF message board and Facebook page… could he be onto something? The last time Jett dropped hints about possible The Dark Knight Rises villains was when he kept mentioning Bane on his message board, and we know how that turned out. I’ve also heard that Hugo Strange would be appearing in The Dark Knight Rises, though my source was wrong with his casting. So what do you guys think? Wild speculation, or may Jett be onto something here? I hope Robin Williams gets a role no matter what it is. He’s been very vocal about being a Batman fan, and it’s a shame that he’s been burned so many times in the past. Sound off in the comments and let me know what you think!

Source: http://batman-news.com/2011/01/28/robin-williams-as-hugo-strange-in-the-dark-knight-rises/

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #52 on: January 29, 2011, 10:45:24 AM »
They should make this movie four hours long. Because the general public holds The Dark Knight so much higher then Batman Begins it's unreal lol. Batman Begins was great and most people agree with that, but it's just lucky it came before The Joker's role lol.

Honestly, if Ledger was still alive, I wouldn't be surprised if Nolan used him for like half of the next movie lol.

I'm sure Nolan is going to give us a cinematic masterpiece, but I know personally & as for the general public, the Joker's performance as a villain was so great, these new ones have to bring their A-game & even then I doubt it considering they don't have that evil, twisted personality.

JohnnyL

« Reply #53 on: January 29, 2011, 01:41:14 PM »
New super rumor:

Robin Williams is no stranger to Batman movies. He was offered the role of The Joker back in Tim Burton’s Batman, only to have it taken away when Jack Nicholson expressed interest. Then he was offered the role of The Riddler in Joel Schumacher’s Batman Forever, but they ended up giving it to Jim Carrey instead. Since then, Robin Williams has been lobbying to get cast in one of Christopher Nolan’s Batman films — is his wish about to be granted?

RW as Strange? Hmm...January 28, 2011 2:22 pm via Twitter for BlackBerryu00ae

The tweet above from BOF’s Jett peaked my interest this morning. Jett has mentioned Robin Williams before on his BOF message board and Facebook page… could he be onto something? The last time Jett dropped hints about possible The Dark Knight Rises villains was when he kept mentioning Bane on his message board, and we know how that turned out. I’ve also heard that Hugo Strange would be appearing in The Dark Knight Rises, though my source was wrong with his casting. So what do you guys think? Wild speculation, or may Jett be onto something here? I hope Robin Williams gets a role no matter what it is. He’s been very vocal about being a Batman fan, and it’s a shame that he’s been burned so many times in the past. Sound off in the comments and let me know what you think!

Source: http://batman-news.com/2011/01/28/robin-williams-as-hugo-strange-in-the-dark-knight-rises/

Of course it's impossible to say for sure at this point, but I think there could be something to this.  There were a lot of rumors not long ago about "The Dark Knight Rises" using some of the ideas from the "Prey" storyline from the "Legends of the Dark Knight" comics.  The main villain in that storyline was Hugo Strange.  It also involved the police trying to track down a fugitive Batman, and that's pretty much the situation at the end of "The Dark Knight."  The "Prey" storyline also features Catwoman which could be another hint that Hugo Strange and/or the "Prey" storyline may be used (at least in part).  Of course that could also just be a coincidence and this could all turn out to be another false rumor.

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #54 on: January 29, 2011, 01:46:15 PM »
They should make this movie four hours long. Because the general public holds The Dark Knight so much higher then Batman Begins it's unreal lol. Batman Begins was great and most people agree with that, but it's just lucky it came before The Joker's role lol.

Honestly, if Ledger was still alive, I wouldn't be surprised if Nolan used him for like half of the next movie lol.

I'm sure Nolan is going to give us a cinematic masterpiece, but I know personally & as for the general public, the Joker's performance as a villain was so great, these new ones have to bring their A-game & even then I doubt it considering they don't have that evil, twisted personality.

I read somewhere that Joker was going to be the Main vilain in the next one.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #55 on: January 29, 2011, 07:51:02 PM »
^Really? lol. That doesn't surprise me. Bane is some juicehead of a villain. Everyone knows the mentally disturbed, uncaring for human life villains are the best ones lol.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #56 on: January 29, 2011, 09:07:23 PM »
Nolan was rumored to have Joker in part 2 and 3. Originally though it was said that Two Face wouldn't come until part 3 thanks to the Joker, but I guess those were rumors as the final movie was different.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2011, 09:10:09 PM by M Dogg »

DEKO

« Reply #57 on: January 31, 2011, 08:37:52 AM »
If you want to get Christopher Nolan to come to your party, then giving him an award and having your party in Santa Barbara are probably two good strategies to utilize.
Sunday night, Nolan showed up at the Santa Barbara International Film Festival to pick up an award for Inception and ended up fielding some questions about the third film in his Batman franchise.

When asked about how he came up with the film’s title, Nolan joked, “I banged my head against the wall.” After pausing for some laughter, he went on to continue, “We’ve worked on it a long time, David Goyer and myself. We’re about 12 weeks away from shooting. We start in May.” When asked why he finally signed on to doing a third film after some much publicized hemming and hawing, he stated simply, “It was about finishing the story.” But when questioned about whether the newly cast Anne Hathaway would actually be playing Catwoman or if she would just be appearing as her civilian alter ego Selina Kyle, Nolan just flashed a smile and refused to comment.

There are four important bits of information that fans of Nolan’s Batman films can take away from these comments. 1) Anne Hathaway may or may not don a cat suit in The Dark Knight Rises. 2) This seems to definitely be Nolan’s final go around with the franchise. 3) Shooting starts in a mere 12 weeks. 4) When Christopher Nolan makes a joke, the room laughs: period.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2011, 08:39:23 AM by DEKO »

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #58 on: January 31, 2011, 04:31:01 PM »
If she dosent put on the suit I think thats wack...

I have a feeling for some reason the third one will be bad kinda like the Godfather 3 was bad.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #59 on: January 31, 2011, 06:31:25 PM »
What's the point of Selina Kyle if she's not a cat-burglar? You may as well use another woman as the love interest. She'll be Cat-Woman in the film, I guarantee it. It's an easy write isn't? She steals from Wayne Tech, gets caught by the police with the help of Batman and the charming Bruce Wayne refuses to press charges if she agrees to have dinner with him. And take it from there.