Author Topic: The official The Dark Knight Rises thread...  (Read 8094 times)

Triple OG Rapsodie

Re: TDKR: Anne Hathaway is Catwoman + Tom Hardy is Bane (confirmed)!!!
« Reply #60 on: January 31, 2011, 07:18:58 PM »
Maybe its just me, but some chick randomly running around dressed as a cat in Nolan's Batman universe is what would be wack. There will have to be a reason and a good backstory built up like for Batman in Batman Begins.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #61 on: January 31, 2011, 08:21:39 PM »
Maybe its just me, but some chick randomly running around dressed as a cat in Nolan's Batman universe is what would be wack. There will have to be a reason and a good backstory built up like for Batman in Batman Begins.

It would only have to be a modified cat burglar outfit and there are real cat burglars in the world. She's one of the easiest translatable villains in the Bat world.

JohnnyL

« Reply #62 on: January 31, 2011, 08:53:27 PM »
  Not that I'm suggesting that it needs to be done this way, but I just recently finished reading the first 19 issues of Batman and the first 80 plus issues of Detective Comics (reprinted in "The Batman Chronicles" Trade Paperbacks).  Anyway, in Catwoman's first appearance (Batman #1) and I believe her second appearance as well, Catwoman never appears in costume.  Also, in her first couple appearances, they refer to her as The Cat instead of Catwoman.
  At any rate,  I would think that Nolan would choose to go with a costumed Catwoman, although, she may not be as "Catwoman-y" as the Catwoman in "Batman Returns" or the Catwoman in the god-awful "Catwoman" movie.  On the other hand, I suppose it's possible that he may not introduce her as Catwoman yet, but end the film in a way that suggests she will become Catwoman.  It's really difficult to say what his plans are. 

DEKO

« Reply #63 on: February 01, 2011, 01:59:06 PM »
Wally Pfister Speaks About The Dark Knight Rises

Cinematographer extraordinaire Wally Pfister gave an exciting and tantalizing phone interview to the Kevin and Josh Movie Show last friday that touched on subjects like Inception, The Dark Knight and The Dark Knight Rises. Wally is a friend of the show’s and loves to talk film with the hosts, who are huge Christopher Nolan fans — to the point where I am surprised they didn’t found this site themselves. They do their best to pick Wally’s brain for information and insight. Thankfully Wally is a really cool dude and talks about everything he can talk about without getting himself fired. I’ll do my best to sum up what I though was the most fascinating or exciting, but I’ll also include a link to the audio file of the show below so you can hear it all for yourself.

After discussing Inception and the disappointment with some of its Oscar nominations, or lack of rather, the hosts praise Chris and Wally’s use of practical effects and stunts in their action sequences. They then ask Wally how Nolan can top The Dark Knight? “I asked the same question,” Wally responded. “I read the script 2 weeks ago, and he’s done it. Plain and simple — he’s done it. It’s a phenomenal script. He’s still in the process of cutting it back because it’s a very long script right now, but it’s really phenomenal. And he actually had me go back and wanted me to watch, in IMAX, Batman Begins and The Dark Knight again. When I watched those I had read the script for The Dark Knight Rises and was like, ‘dude, it is a perfect trilogy.’ I think that was his intent, to work off those two pictures — and they are very different pictures. And it’s funny, we all had different opinions about which picture we like better.”

They went on to talk about various rumors and location scouting. Wally mentions Nolan and production designer Nathan Crowley were in New York and all over the world looking for locations. Kevin and Josh also bring up the screen tests for The Dark Knight Rises, which Wally mentions he shot himself. This excites the hosts a bit and they inquire about Ann Hathaway’s screen test, to which Wally replies, “She’s so good. She did an incredible job. She is a great, great actress.” He then says something very vague and possibly controversial: “And she looked phenomenal in the wardrobe.” Of course this could mean anything, but Wally did assert that he could say no more without getting in trouble, which in it of itself is sort of an answer to what it actually means. Or so it would seem.

Returning once again to the “How can you top it?” question, the hosts talk about shooting action and shooting for IMAX. Wally answers by saying, “We’re going to try, man. Our goal is to shoot as much in IMAX as we can. We’re going to put in on the screen, and put it on the screen big. And I really encourage everyone to see it in IMAX if they can because we’re really going for it this time. In terms of the action, we are all scratching our heads right now trying to figure out how we’re going to do it; how we’re going to do it in the amount of time we’re going to do it in. The opening scene of the movie will blow your mind.”

So there you have it. Prepare for mind explosion, people. I can quote no more without making Wally’s cool demeanor and responses sound lame. You can hear the audio from the radio show here: http://www.bdkreviews.com/podcasts/2011-01-28%20-%20Kevin%20and%20Josh%20Movie%20Show%20-%20Hour%202.mp3

:o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o
« Last Edit: February 01, 2011, 02:11:35 PM by DEKO »

JohnnyL

« Reply #64 on: February 01, 2011, 02:23:44 PM »
Wally Pfister Speaks About The Dark Knight Rises

After discussing Inception and the disappointment with some of its Oscar nominations, or lack of rather, the hosts praise Chris and Wally’s use of practical effects and stunts in their action sequences. They then ask Wally how Nolan can top The Dark Knight? “I asked the same question,” Wally responded. “I read the script 2 weeks ago, and he’s done it. Plain and simple — he’s done it. It’s a phenomenal script. He’s still in the process of cutting it back because it’s a very long script right now, but it’s really phenomenal. And he actually had me go back and wanted me to watch, in IMAX, Batman Begins and The Dark Knight again. When I watched those I had read the script for The Dark Knight Rises and was like, ‘dude, it is a perfect trilogy.’ I think that was his intent, to work off those two pictures — and they are very different pictures. And it’s funny, we all had different opinions about which picture we like better.”

Props for posting this.  After reading this particular part, I'm actually excited to hear more, as details begin to come out.  Granted, someone from the actual production is probably only going to have good things to say to the press anyway.  Still, it's encouraging to hear things that make you think that they put an adequate amount of thought into the follow-up to a movie that was as big as "The Dark Knight."

DEKO

« Reply #65 on: February 01, 2011, 02:26:52 PM »
Yeah man now I've read this, I really can't wait for the third one! :o Especially the part about the mindblowing openingsscene gives me goosebumps! BRING IT ON!!! ;D Hopefully they will shoot the whole movie in IMAX! :o
« Last Edit: February 01, 2011, 02:30:14 PM by DEKO »

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #66 on: February 01, 2011, 02:35:39 PM »
Personally I think The Dark Knight gets overrated. Don't get me wrong, its an amazing movie, but to me its not significantly better than Batman Begins. They've already made two great Batman pictures, there's no reason to believe they can't do it a third time.

Also I think the fact that Heath Ledger's performance overshadows the main star is a bad look for the movie as a whole.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2011, 02:37:14 PM by THE RAPTURE »

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #67 on: February 01, 2011, 03:53:27 PM »
Personally I think The Dark Knight gets overrated. Don't get me wrong, its an amazing movie, but to me its not significantly better than Batman Begins. They've already made two great Batman pictures, there's no reason to believe they can't do it a third time.

Also I think the fact that Heath Ledger's performance overshadows the main star is a bad look for the movie as a whole.

Doesn't the Joker always overshadow Batman? The character is kind of built that way.

DEKO

« Reply #68 on: February 02, 2011, 02:19:41 AM »
Joseph Gordon-Levitt In Talks For The Dark Knight Rises

Deadline is reporting that Joseph Gordon-Levitt is in talks to re-team with director Christopher Nolan for The Dark Knight Rises. It is currently unclear what role he could be playing in the film. Could there be a third villain? Is there room for a non-villain character that deserves the casting of JGL? Nolan has already brought aboard JGL’s Inception co-star Tom Hardy for the role of Bane, and Anne Hathaway has got the Selina Kyle/Catwoman thing down. Perhaps the Hugo Strange rumors were true? There was that Robin Williams as Strange rumor that popped up a few days ago after all. What do you think?

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #69 on: February 02, 2011, 06:51:36 AM »

Deadline is reporting that Joseph Gordon-Levitt is in talks to re-team with director Christopher Nolan for The Dark Knight Rises. It is currently unclear what role he could be playing in the film. Could there be a third villain? Is there room for a non-villain character that deserves the casting of JGL? Nolan has already brought aboard JGL’s Inception co-star Tom Hardy for the role of Bane, and Anne Hathaway has got the Selina Kyle/Catwoman thing down. Perhaps the Hugo Strange rumors were true? There was that Robin Williams as Strange rumor that popped up a few days ago after all. What do you think?

Well, they would need a new DA with Dent gone, or a young genius federal agent sent in to track the Batman. There are plenty of roles for a non-villain. They may not be all that large in part, but he may just take the pay cut to do a small role so he can say he was in the trilogy. Like Billy Dee Williams did for Star Wars. (that was supposed to be a joke. I just wanted to mention Lando, who was screwed from playing two-face.)

JohnnyL

« Reply #70 on: February 02, 2011, 07:33:52 AM »

Well, they would need a new DA with Dent gone, or a young genius federal agent sent in to track the Batman. There are plenty of roles for a non-villain. They may not be all that large in part, but he may just take the pay cut to do a small role so he can say he was in the trilogy. Like Billy Dee Williams did for Star Wars. (that was supposed to be a joke. I just wanted to mention Lando, who was screwed from playing two-face.)

Yeah.  If they're really going to use Hugo Strange, I'd prefer Robin Williams, just because he looks more like Hugo Strange.  Joseph Gordon-Levitt is a good actor though, and there are probably any number of roles in the movie that he could play that I'm sure he would be good as.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #71 on: February 02, 2011, 12:27:02 PM »
He looks so much like Heath, they should just train him to be The Joker lol.

DEKO

« Reply #72 on: February 08, 2011, 11:29:40 AM »
New rumor:

It seems that Christopher Nolan wants to get a jump start on aerial shots for The Dark Knight Rises. A source close to BOF had this to say:
"They are doing a plate shot in a helicopter over New York City this week. Apparently, Chris Nolan wants to get the city with snow on the ground."

I live about two hours outside New York, and can assure you, there’s plenty of snow on the ground. This isn’t huge news, but it’s definitely exciting. If you’re in New York City this week and see the “Batcopter” be sure to look up and wave to Mr. Nolan!

Source: batman-on-film.com

JohnnyL

« Reply #73 on: February 08, 2011, 02:06:26 PM »
New rumor:

It seems that Christopher Nolan wants to get a jump start on aerial shots for The Dark Knight Rises. A source close to BOF had this to say:
"They are doing a plate shot in a helicopter over New York City this week. Apparently, Chris Nolan wants to get the city with snow on the ground."

I live about two hours outside New York, and can assure you, there’s plenty of snow on the ground. This isn’t huge news, but it’s definitely exciting. If you’re in New York City this week and see the “Batcopter” be sure to look up and wave to Mr. Nolan!

Source: batman-on-film.com

Not sure if this is true or not, but I read a rumor that they're not shooting in Chicago at all this time.  That would be strange if true, because much of the original two movies were shot in Chicago.

DEKO

« Reply #74 on: February 10, 2011, 04:19:55 AM »
The Dark Knight Rises as Magnus Rex

Although official production isn’t set to begin until May, word comes to us from Production Weekly that The Dark Knight Rises will be going under the working titles Magnus Rex and Fox Hills Green. Many of you will remember that Inception went under the working title Oliver’s Arrow; Oliver being the name of one of Christopher’s sons. And I’m sure I don’t have to remind many that The Dark Knight‘s working title was Rory’s First Kiss; Rory also being the name of another of Nolan’s sons. It shouldn’t surprise you to learn that the name Magnus in Magnus Rex is derived from yet another one of the Nolan boys. Magnus Nolan is most notably known for his adorable role as the young James Cobb in Inception.

So why would a movie filming in May have a fake production title out already? And seemingly two of them? Well that could be due to the fact that The Dark Knight Rises is supposedly shooting plates this week in New York City. We know that Wally Pfister met with Christopher Nolan and production designer Nathan Crowley in NYC the other week scouting for locations. According to a source close to Batman-On-Film they are filming “a plate shot in a helicopter over New York City this week. Apparently, Chris Nolan wants to get the city with snow on the ground.” My guess would be that Fox Hills Green is being used for this NYC bit, with Magnus Rex likely being the working title that sticks around for the remainder of the production starting in May.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2011, 04:21:44 AM by DEKO »