Author Topic: The official The Dark Knight Rises thread...  (Read 7973 times)

doggfather

Re: TDKR: Anne Hathaway is Catwoman + Tom Hardy is Bane (confirmed)!!!
« Reply #75 on: February 10, 2011, 04:45:45 AM »
Personally I think The Dark Knight gets overrated. Don't get me wrong, its an amazing movie, but to me its not significantly better than Batman Begins. They've already made two great Batman pictures, there's no reason to believe they can't do it a third time.

Also I think the fact that Heath Ledger's performance overshadows the main star is a bad look for the movie as a whole.

Doesn't the Joker always overshadow Batman? The character is kind of built that way.

yes he does.
https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

JohnnyL

« Reply #76 on: February 13, 2011, 07:43:10 PM »
Found this interesting news/rumor about casting in "The Dark Knight Rises," tonight on the Aint It Cool News website.  

Check it out here:

**Link Removed as per Rapture's request**

Definitely interesting if true.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2011, 01:06:40 PM by JohnnyL »

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #77 on: February 13, 2011, 08:10:04 PM »
Post the article instead of a link

JohnnyL

« Reply #78 on: February 13, 2011, 10:30:28 PM »

Why?

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #79 on: February 13, 2011, 10:38:07 PM »

Why?

So as not to waste our time. Why should we click some random link you post up with no fucking clue what its about? Not to mention I think its mentioned in the rules somewhere.

DEKO

« Reply #80 on: February 14, 2011, 04:05:43 AM »
New rumor:

Marion Cotillard Cast in The Dark Knight Rises?

The Dark Knight Rises is shaping up to be something of an Inception reunion. With Tom Hardy as Bane and Joseph Gordon-Levitt in talks for a role, one of France’s largest newspapers, Le Figaro, is now reporting that Marion Cotillard will be joining the cast as the second female lead. Cotillard’s recent pregnancy seemingly put her out of contention, but a rough Google translation of the article (courtesy of Batman News) explains that The Dark Knight Rises will be her only project this year:

Marion Cotillard in “Batman 3″? The actress, who is expecting a child in the spring with Guillaume Canet, will be scarce this year. She’ll do a single film and her choice fell on Batman 3. This blockbuster produced by Warner Bros.. enables her to work with the director Christopher Nolan, with whom she had turned very successful sci-fi Inception. Marion Cotillard will join the filming this summer in Los Angeles. She will share the bill with Anne Hathaway.
 - Le Figaro

Nolan has been searching for two female leads for his Batman finale to play a love interest and a villain. Cotillard will presumably play the love interest if we are to assume that Hathaway’s Selina Kyle/Catwoman will be the villain. But what if Selina Kyle is the love interest? Could Cotillard be Talia al Ghul? Share your thoughts in the comments.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #81 on: February 14, 2011, 11:20:29 AM »
She was so ill in "Inception".

I hope this is true. 8)

I see Nolan is going for a stacked ass cast as a formidable replacement for Heath. :P

JohnnyL

« Reply #82 on: February 14, 2011, 01:08:15 PM »

Why?

So as not to waste our time. Why should we click some random link you post up with no fucking clue what its about? Not to mention I think its mentioned in the rules somewhere.

Didn't see it in the rules, but I removed the link for you.  Deko posted the article if you'd like to read it without double clicking a button.  Sorry for the inconvenience.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #83 on: February 14, 2011, 07:20:23 PM »
- If you are sharing an article, post the entire article (with source credits), not just the first few lines with a link to the article.  Same goes for interviews.
- If you create a topic promising something such as a news article, and in the message only provide a link, it will be considered spam and deleted.

DEKO

« Reply #84 on: February 15, 2011, 03:17:28 AM »
First Set Photo From The Dark Knight Rises?

A photo popped up on the JoBlo forums today of what appears to be the set for Arkham Asylum in The Dark Knight Rises. The poster says, “my good mate who is working on set at Cardington where it’s being shot sent me this.” Not quite sure how legit this is, but we’re figured it’s worth a share. Perhaps it’s just a left over set from Batman Begins? Look below to see the full image.

UPDATE: We’ve gotten pretty solid confirmation that this is the same Arkham set that they used for Begins. We suspected this. I guess the only question left is: Was the person who took this hinting that it would be reused for Rises?

FULL PHOTO:

JohnnyL

« Reply #85 on: February 15, 2011, 05:51:28 AM »
- If you are sharing an article, post the entire article (with source credits), not just the first few lines with a link to the article.  Same goes for interviews.
- If you create a topic promising something such as a news article, and in the message only provide a link, it will be considered spam and deleted.

Okay.  Well, it's deleted now.  Again, sorry. Won't happen again.  Was just trying to share something I thought was interesting.  Didn't realize I was breaking a rule.

DEKO

« Reply #86 on: February 15, 2011, 07:16:05 AM »

Okay.  Well, it's deleted now.  Again, sorry. Won't happen again.  Was just trying to share something I thought was interesting.  Didn't realize I was breaking a rule.

Rapture, stop fucking around with my man JohnnyL! He's a cool dude! Please stay on topic, ok?

JohnnyL

« Reply #87 on: February 15, 2011, 01:31:29 PM »
New rumor:

Marion Cotillard Cast in The Dark Knight Rises?

The Dark Knight Rises is shaping up to be something of an Inception reunion. With Tom Hardy as Bane and Joseph Gordon-Levitt in talks for a role, one of France’s largest newspapers, Le Figaro, is now reporting that Marion Cotillard will be joining the cast as the second female lead. Cotillard’s recent pregnancy seemingly put her out of contention, but a rough Google translation of the article (courtesy of Batman News) explains that The Dark Knight Rises will be her only project this year:

Marion Cotillard in “Batman 3″? The actress, who is expecting a child in the spring with Guillaume Canet, will be scarce this year. She’ll do a single film and her choice fell on Batman 3. This blockbuster produced by Warner Bros.. enables her to work with the director Christopher Nolan, with whom she had turned very successful sci-fi Inception. Marion Cotillard will join the filming this summer in Los Angeles. She will share the bill with Anne Hathaway.
 - Le Figaro

Nolan has been searching for two female leads for his Batman finale to play a love interest and a villain. Cotillard will presumably play the love interest if we are to assume that Hathaway’s Selina Kyle/Catwoman will be the villain. But what if Selina Kyle is the love interest? Could Cotillard be Talia al Ghul? Share your thoughts in the comments.

Marion Cotillard is a good choice for Talia Al Ghul imo, if that's in fact, who's she's cast as.  I think I remember hearing rumors earlier in the year about her perhaps being cast in Nolan's next Batman film.  At the time, people were probably just guessing she might be in it, since she was in "Inception." At any rate, I really like how the casting is shaping up for this third film.

DEKO

« Reply #88 on: February 18, 2011, 10:35:20 AM »
Hans Zimmer says The Dark Knight Rises score will be “extraordinarily epic”

As Christopher Nolan and Hans Zimmer have collaborated together on Batman Begins, The Dark Knight and Inception they are familiar with how each other works, which is why it was possible for Zimmer to start getting ideas for The Dark Knight Rises together back in October.
In a recent interview Zimmer spoke about his work on the score, and says it will be “extraordinarily epic” and “iconic”.

From MTV:
Asked how many notes of “The Dark Knight Rises” score he has down now, Zimmer laughed, “Ugh. No, no, no, no.” [Translation: I don't want to talk about that!]

“The one thing I can tell you is that it’s going to be a lot more epic. Extraordinarily epic.”

But what does that mean, Hans?!?

“I don’t know, it’s like, ‘What’s epic these days?’ I think there’s something in the core of the story that allows you to get the music much bigger and much more sort of, iconic,” he ventured.

I will gladly accept an “epic” and “iconic” Batman score from Hans Zimmer. On the previous films Zimmer has always collaborated with James Newton Howard (who is currently working on music for Green Lantern), so that pairing will probably happen again. The music for Batman Begins, The Dark Knight and Inception is amazing, so i’ll be looking forward to hearing the score for The Dark Knight Returns. :o :o :o
« Last Edit: February 18, 2011, 10:38:00 AM by DEKO »

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #89 on: February 18, 2011, 12:15:59 PM »
The one for The Dark Knight was amazing, then the one for Inception was almost better. This could be incredible. 8)