Author Topic: Game's Purp & Patron ***Download*** (2 Dre tracks) [multiple links]  (Read 7941 times)

MOON KNIGHT

Re: The Game's Purp & Patron dropping tomorrow (Double Disc Mixtape)
« Reply #120 on: January 24, 2011, 09:58:26 PM »
its gonna suck.

Give it a chance, you might like it Cham.

The Kill, L.A. Times & R.I.P. Story are dope. The rest is average/"whatever" to below/"bleh".

West Coast forum though, I guess I should expect big support for it by most of you.

MOON KNIGHT summed it up in two words, "Not bad". May bump a few songs a few more times, but that'll be about it. The beats aren't very special, his lyrics have been identical for years & years now. Style just went stale. If some of you guys can fuck with the same sound over & over again, you're entitled to do so.

::)

Pretty much every rapper has their own style and it hardly varies.  He's trying different styles but gets knocked for doing so.  Some worked for him and some didn't.  That's the problem with a lot of fans is that they don't allow their favorite artist or artist they enjoy to grow.

Anyways, back to this mixtape.   Done with the 1st disc and it's pretty good.  Don't know why "Children's Story" is on this though.  It was on a previous mixtape.  Hate the hook on "Suu Wuu" though, lol.

Well by your logic maybe he should try doing a country duet with Garth Brooks or maybe a rap song on a Muppets album with Kermit The Frog.  ::) Artistic growth is one thing....but shit is still shit no matter if you like the artist or not. Tommorow Game could release a track of him pissing in the toilet and you'd have the same dickriders saying "The Game is back" blah blah blah blah blah blah.

LMAO, you're an idiot.  Where in my "logic", as you stated, does it say that he or any rapper, should try doing a Country duet?  Hell, since you brought it up, if an artist wants to do a duet with another artist from a different genre, why not.  If it comes out dope cool, if not, atleast the artist knows that it didn't work.  Being artistic means thinking outside the box and taking risks.  Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't.  But that kind of "logic" might be beyond your pattern of thinking.

First of all you lose this one by starting your response with an insult. Secondly your "logic" is flawed..if you call jumping on the bandwagon of any current trend in music, imitating other MC's voices (which used to be considered biting) & throwing alot of crap at the wall growth, nothing I can say will make sense to you. Obviously you never said anything about a country duet or Kermit The Frog. I made a hypothetical example of the point YOU were trying to make about "trying different styles". Get it  ???

& All of this coming from someone that has a pic of some dudes bloody nipples in his avatar. GTFOH. Better bring your A-"Game" if you wanna come bark at the big dogs Junior.  :laugh:

h2k4

« Reply #121 on: January 24, 2011, 10:18:47 PM »
its gonna suck.

The Kill, L.A. Times & R.I.P. Story are dope. The rest is average/"whatever" to below/"bleh".

West Coast forum though, I guess I should expect big support for it by most of you.

MOON KNIGHT summed it up in two words, "Not bad". May bump a few songs a few more times, but that'll be about it. The beats aren't very special, his lyrics have been identical for years & years now. Style just went stale. If some of you guys can fuck with the same sound over & over again, you're entitled to do so.

Pretty much every rapper has their own style and it hardly varies.  He's trying different styles but gets knocked for doing so.  Some worked for him and some didn't.  That's the problem with a lot of fans is that they don't allow their favorite artist or artist they enjoy to grow.

Anyways, back to this mixtape.   Done with the 1st disc and it's pretty good.  Don't know why "Children's Story" is on this though.  It was on a previous mixtape.  Hate the hook on "Suu Wuu" though, lol.

Well by your logic maybe he should try doing a country duet with Garth Brooks or maybe a rap song on a Muppets album with Kermit The Frog.  ::) Artistic growth is one thing....but shit is still shit no matter if you like the artist or not. Tommorow Game could release a track of him pissing in the toilet and you'd have the same dickriders saying "The Game is back" blah blah blah blah blah blah.

LMAO, you're an idiot.  Where in my "logic", as you stated, does it say that he or any rapper, should try doing a Country duet?  Hell, since you brought it up, if an artist wants to do a duet with another artist from a different genre, why not.  If it comes out dope cool, if not, atleast the artist knows that it didn't work.  Being artistic means thinking outside the box and taking risks.  Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't.  But that kind of "logic" might be beyond your pattern of thinking.

First of all you lose this one by starting your response with an insult. Secondly your "logic" is flawed..if you call jumping on the bandwagon of any current trend in music, imitating other MC's voices (which used to be considered biting) & throwing alot of crap at the wall growth, nothing I can say will make sense to you. Obviously you never said anything about a country duet or Kermit The Frog. I made a hypothetical example of the point YOU were trying to make about "trying different styles". Get it  ???

& All of this coming from someone that has a pic of some dudes bloody nipples in his avatar. GTFOH. Better bring your A-"Game" if you wanna come bark at the big dogs Junior.  :laugh:

I didn't realize I was trying to win anything.  What part of my statement did I mention his biting of others' styles was growth?  I simply said that he's trying different styles of songs (not using others' voices).  That is part of growth.  Learning what works and what doesn't.  And yet you still haven't answered the question.  What's wrong with an artist wanting to do a duet with another artist from a different genre? 

"Bark at the big dogs" lmao....silly kid.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
Re: Game's Purp & Patron ***Download*** (2 Dre tracks) [multiple links]
« Reply #122 on: January 24, 2011, 10:22:26 PM »
its gonna suck.

Pretty much every rapper has their own style and it hardly varies.  He's trying different styles but gets knocked for doing so.  Some worked for him and some didn't.  That's the problem with a lot of fans is that they don't allow their favorite artist or artist they enjoy to grow.

Anyways, back to this mixtape.   Done with the 1st disc and it's pretty good.  Don't know why "Children's Story" is on this though.  It was on a previous mixtape.  Hate the hook on "Suu Wuu" though, lol.

I don't know how many true Game stans like that are left. But I mean certainly if people think this mixtape is something special then they are giving it some personal advantages & that's fine. I guess we all give our favorite artists more props regardless of the work.

When you're a rapper like Game, you're music is based off of making great songs. Game, lyrically is just miserable. So in order for him to stand out, he needs stand out tracks. He needs a great beat, with a really nice hook, his flow has to be on & he has to make something with a message. Like most of his work on "Doctor's Advocate".

He isn't making a stand out tracks by recycling the same "six-fo'", "Cali weed", "grippin' chrome" & namedropping lines & he can't carry himself lyrically on a one disc mixtape, let alone a two. So it can't work for him.

Game is only good when he's making meaningful, album-worthy songs & he isn't making those on a mixtape.

You have a valid point but when he made DA he had a number of trials and tribulations that he was going through. Those things gave him mad substance for his album and it made a huge difference but these days its like hes just making music that he can vibe and smoke to which I dont blame him for doing. Why not make music that makes you feel good, contraversy sells but is it worth the drama?

I suppose. But Game talks so much shit on Twitter, it would be nice for him (being a rapper) to put that on a song. I mean, you fuck with it because it gives you a certain vibe & that's cool with me. But for me, it just lacks substance or something noticable to stand out with. I am a fan of "How We Do" & even though the substance isn't all there, it's still a great stand out track in my eyes.

& I guess I can't really fuck with his songs to blaze to because I'd honestly rather listen to a Lil' Wayne or Wiz Khalifia song to smoke to. I can admit neither one is a great rapper, but they make music I can fuck with. I guess the same way Game makes music for you.

Respect. 8)

The Predator

« Reply #123 on: January 24, 2011, 10:55:58 PM »
Im up to track 9 (The nice little Slick Rick tribute) and it's sounded okay so far. There is no new name for the current WC sound, but the producers seem to be all following a certain style.
Compare this production with that on Dub's new E.P., same style.

Edit - Just heard 'The Kill', that hook is  :o
« Last Edit: January 24, 2011, 11:01:58 PM by The Predator »

For Teh Lulz

• 'G'
  • No , not really.
« Reply #124 on: January 24, 2011, 11:08:49 PM »
LA Times is amazing.
CAN I HAZ D;

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
« Reply #125 on: January 24, 2011, 11:36:32 PM »
Bout to bump Disc 2. Disc 1 is the shit! Although I already want to kill Funk Flex he is annoying as fuck.

The Predator

« Reply #126 on: January 24, 2011, 11:39:54 PM »
Just started the 2nd disc, the Indian sample on 'Burn' is dope.

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #127 on: January 25, 2011, 12:20:24 AM »
Just listening to a few tracks now, definitely some quality tracks on here. Feeling that Dawaun Parker beat and nice suprise with the Kurupt feature too, Dead is fire, the Rza joint is ill, and Ocean is sick. If these are the leftovers I'm defnitely anticipating R.E.D., dunno what he was up to with that Justin track as the majority of this tape shits on that. Didn't know if Game could carry 2 discs but pleasantly suprised so far.

Also I check out that Purp and Patron site and noticed in the pic a pile of CDS, hopefully this mixtape will get released minus the tags, if so would definitely cop that

David Gutterman

« Reply #128 on: January 25, 2011, 12:56:10 AM »
Good fucking stuff game  8)

Digital Pimpin'

« Reply #129 on: January 25, 2011, 01:12:35 AM »
I wasn't even remotely interested in another grip of lacklustre non-album tracks from Game.

I was wrong, this shit is fiiire 8)

Bring on the untagged!

The Predator

« Reply #130 on: January 25, 2011, 01:15:25 AM »
'The Ocean' is a cool, laidback, crisp, smooth Dr Dre gem.

RingMan

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • BWS Czech Capo
« Reply #131 on: January 25, 2011, 01:20:50 AM »
someone should put together all untagged songs and upload it for us :laugh:

Rap is not real, I don't care what they told you,
Fake people say fake things in their vocalbooth
- Soul Position - Mic Control

I make it hard to read me, graffiti flow - Rakim - Word On The Streets

Gamestarr

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • P
« Reply #132 on: January 25, 2011, 02:15:51 AM »
Whoa.. Pretty good tape..

lets see about replay value..

Saber

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #133 on: January 25, 2011, 02:16:08 AM »
Game is back !

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #134 on: January 25, 2011, 02:22:16 AM »
This is standard Game. He will leak shit that you all hate that won't make the album. Get everyone thinking he's wack etc. Then out of no where dude drops fire gets the whole web buzzing and drops an album. I'm sure by now game will have a single up his sleeve. Shit he's got enough producers and guests he's worked with over the last year and a half

Your right, he always does shit like that.
his last 2 albums weren't all that

edit: h2k4
« Last Edit: January 25, 2011, 02:32:26 AM by From Dre-Day to Helter Skelter »