Author Topic: Game's Purp & Patron ***Download*** (2 Dre tracks) [multiple links]  (Read 7930 times)

Triple OG Rapsodie

Re: Game's Purp & Patron ***Download*** (2 Dre tracks) [multiple links]
« Reply #240 on: January 29, 2011, 03:37:07 AM »
I can save 10-12 tracks and to me that's a pretty decent album, I've never ever listened to a Mixtape twice in my life, I hate them, this has something different.

I'll put you onto something.....its not a good look when only a third of the songs on a mixtape are worth listening to. That was about the same amount for me and to me that's a pretty weak mixtape.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2011, 03:39:45 AM by THE RAPTURE »

EnzoUK

« Reply #241 on: January 29, 2011, 04:06:58 AM »
Probably the best Mixtape ever...

pathetic statement
Twitter: @EnzoUK

JohnnyL

« Reply #242 on: January 29, 2011, 05:50:58 AM »
  It's not anywhere near the best mixtape ever, but fuck, it was free.  They even gave us the untagged version free, which a lot of artists don't do.  There are basically two albums worth of tracks on here.  If you don't like something delete it, but it hardly seems worth it to complain.

UKnowWhatItIs: welcome to my traps....game over

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #243 on: January 29, 2011, 06:05:28 AM »
Still bumping this, dope mixtape.

Smackdog

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #244 on: January 29, 2011, 06:17:08 AM »
  It's not anywhere near the best mixtape ever, but fuck, it was free.  They even gave us the untagged version free, which a lot of artists don't do.  There are basically two albums worth of tracks on here.  If you don't like something delete it, but it hardly seems worth it to complain.
"If you see me on a solo move believe that I'm strapped"  - dr. dre

"as he wondered what popped before he got popped, I told you this is dre and you know it dont stop"
"don't choke,  if you do,  you  have no clue, of what me and my homeboy Snoop dogg came to do"

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #245 on: January 29, 2011, 10:50:30 AM »
 It's not anywhere near the best mixtape ever, but fuck, it was free.  They even gave us the untagged version free, which a lot of artists don't do.  There are basically two albums worth of tracks on here.  If you don't like something delete it, but it hardly seems worth it to complain.

Why not? Isn't that what this forum is for? That's how people figure out what's worth checking out. I listened to the mixtape based on the comments here. Now I'm voicing my opinion that it was very disappointing.

I could just as easily say it hardly seems worth it to over-hype this. I don't see you complaining about those comments.

JohnnyL

« Reply #246 on: January 29, 2011, 11:03:03 AM »
 It's not anywhere near the best mixtape ever, but fuck, it was free.  They even gave us the untagged version free, which a lot of artists don't do.  There are basically two albums worth of tracks on here.  If you don't like something delete it, but it hardly seems worth it to complain.

Why not? Isn't that what this forum is for? That's how people figure out what's worth checking out. I listened to the mixtape based on the comments here. Now I'm voicing my opinion that it was very disappointing.

I could just as easily say it hardly seems worth it to over-hype this. I don't see you complaining about those comments.

I don't understand what you're even talking about.  Are you saying you want me to complain about people over-hyping the mixtape?  If that's what you're driving at, I'll readily agree that there was some of that going on, but it's not as though it was necessarily deliberate.  People were probably just happy that Game dropped his first decent mixtape in a long time.  There's nothing wrong with people being excited about an artist's music.
  As far as me complaining about it, I think I'll leave the complaining to you.  Yes it's a forum, and you're free to complain as much as you want.  I was merely pointing out that you're complaining about two discs worth of music that didn't cost you anything.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #247 on: January 29, 2011, 11:12:00 AM »

I don't understand what you're even talking about.  Are you saying you want me to complain about people over-hyping the mixtape?  If that's what you're driving at, I'll readily agree that there was some of that going on, but it's not as though it was necessarily deliberate.  People were probably just happy that Game dropped his first decent mixtape in a long time.  There's nothing wrong with people being excited about an artist's music.
  As far as me complaining about it, I think I'll leave the complaining to you.  Yes it's a forum, and you're free to complain as much as you want.  I was merely pointing out that you're complaining about two discs worth of music that didn't cost you anything.

I'm saying this is a forum and people have a right to voice their opinion. Why should it matter whether this is free or not? Most of you DL everything anyways. Did the last album you DLed cost you anything? I don't know about you, but I always DL before I buy, and I only buy the albums I feel are worthy. So regardless if this had been an album, it still wouldn't have cost me.

It seems fairly stupid to say that an artist can put out whatever the hell they want and as long as its free people shouldn't comment on it.

JohnnyL

« Reply #248 on: January 29, 2011, 11:24:31 AM »

I'm saying this is a forum and people have a right to voice their opinion. Why should it matter whether this is free or not? Most of you DL everything anyways. Did the last album you DLed cost you anything? I don't know about you, but I always DL before I buy, and I only buy the albums I feel are worthy. So regardless if this had been an album, it still wouldn't have cost me.

It seems fairly stupid to say that an artist can put out whatever the hell they want and as long as its free people shouldn't comment on it.

1.  The last album I downloaded was "Bad Season" (Retail Version).  It cost me $9.99
2.  I no longer download albums before buying them although I have no objections, moral or otherwise, to people who do.
3.  I never said you shouldn't comment about free music.  You know as well as I do that you're welcome to say anything you want on here as long as it doesn't offend the mods or violate the rules of the forum.  I was merely trying to put it into perspective that if you don't like mixtape, you're really not out anything, other than time.  Having said that though, what's really the point of complaining about it if you don't give any reasons for why you didn't like it?

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #249 on: January 29, 2011, 11:39:22 AM »
(1) I did give the reason I didn't like it.

(2) I spent as much time on this mixtape as I do on any other project I check out. I think the music I listen to deserves to be commented on does it not? That's the purpose of a music forum and that's what everyone else in this thread is doing.

(3) If you really have no objection to me commenting on free music then there is no point to any of your posts. You can't say you're fine with me voicing my dislike and then go and complain about it.

operation stackola

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #250 on: January 29, 2011, 01:16:25 PM »
Got "The Ocean" on regular rotation. Best song on a great mixtape (aside from 3-4 songs, Disc 2 is pretty boring, imo).

JohnnyL

« Reply #251 on: January 29, 2011, 01:17:11 PM »
(1) I did give the reason I didn't like it.

(2) I spent as much time on this mixtape as I do on any other project I check out. I think the music I listen to deserves to be commented on does it not? That's the purpose of a music forum and that's what everyone else in this thread is doing.

(3) If you really have no objection to me commenting on free music then there is no point to any of your posts. You can't say you're fine with me voicing my dislike and then go and complain about it.

1.  Do you mean you're reason was that it was overhyped?  That seems like a broad generalization, but so-be it.

2.  No argument on this point.  This is a music forum, more power to ya.

3.  I have no problem with anyone discussing why they do or don't like a song/album/mixtape... whatever.  I personally disagree with your complaining about free music without at least giving some feedback for why you didn't like it.  But I'm also not the boss of this forum.  I don't set the rules but even if I did, I wouldn't try to shut you up just for having a different opinion than mine.  As I see it, there was a point to my post.  The point I was trying to make is that no one was trying to hustle you (or anyone else).  This wasn't some con.  It's not as though Game tricked you into buying sub-par songs and ran off with your ten dollars.  The artist gave you two albums worth of music to listen to and if you didn't like it you could have sent it to the "recycle bin."

LakersAlldaWay

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • SG Valley, CA
« Reply #252 on: January 29, 2011, 02:09:06 PM »
The Ocean has a great vibe to it, definitely a solid track. The guy singing on it sounds like the guy who does the bridge on Make Up Sex, so I think it's pretty safe to say that Dre was involved with that track as well like some of us suspected. I like all three of the Dre sessions tracks that have come out so far, but Make Up Sex is the best in my opinion. Everything about that song is really dope, and Game's flow is on point. I wonder why it wasn't put on this tape?

Leggy Hendrix

« Reply #253 on: January 29, 2011, 02:16:51 PM »
finally plucked up the courage to give this a spin tonight, entering the experience with no expectations at all tho, that way i may be pleasantly surprised lol

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/LllJK5DjofM" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/LllJK5DjofM</a><a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/g7DMeTPvZCs" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/g7DMeTPvZCs</a> <a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/yRfQGXFRr30" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/yRfQGXFRr30</a>

dude im baning you mother over here in eu. but im not a white,brown,black,yellow etc. im your nightmare

Leggy Hendrix

« Reply #254 on: January 29, 2011, 04:32:13 PM »
having just completed my first listen to this, i gotta say that i wasnt sure going into this, but i think there may definitely be a few tracks ill bump fairly regularly and keep for my Game collection...definitely a few i wasnt feeling (that Neptunes shit, wtf was that), but there are a few decent joints on here too

probably agree with those saying a trimmed down single disc mixtape wouldve been better, but atm i dont think all is lost

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/LllJK5DjofM" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/LllJK5DjofM</a><a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/g7DMeTPvZCs" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/g7DMeTPvZCs</a> <a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/yRfQGXFRr30" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/yRfQGXFRr30</a>

dude im baning you mother over here in eu. but im not a white,brown,black,yellow etc. im your nightmare