Author Topic: Game- The Ocean(Produced by DR Dre)  (Read 1793 times)

Matty

Re: Game- The Ocean(Produced by DR Dre)
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2011, 04:59:45 PM »
btw this track also features Dre right...he's on the hook?

Stan

« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2011, 05:00:21 PM »
Link is down ... reuP?

Matty

« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2011, 05:05:09 PM »
Game's voice and flow on the two songs we've heard from the RED album Dre sessions (this and Make Up Sex) has been on point. That's probably due to Dre's production and direction, plus the fact that Game can't use that lazy flow he's been using on a lot of songs lately when he's in the studio with Dre.

"make-up sex" was never a confirmed Dre-production, right?
 ???

nope not confirmed. but some chatter that it was produced by dre and a new co-producer taylor graves, who's also singing on the track. good enough for me given the drums are on some next level shit 8)

thats the problem wit these goddamn Dr. Dre-productions.
whenever u feel like "oh shit, thats a Dre-beat", the producion-credit ends up belonging to some Aftermath-dude.
Dre's stuff is so easy to reprouce, its sometimes impossible to know who produced what even if the "sound" sounds like Dre.
and whenver Dre gets confirmed credit for his work, it ends up being for some unconvential stuff like this reaggae-joint wit Game and Busta Rhymes..
like what the fuck.. lol
but it does sound a bit like that Dauwan Parker-joint "Lost"

i would say with higher than 90% certainly it's a dre production on whole vibe and quality of the joint. no way it's a neptunes/chad beat. when i read someone saying it was actually dre and this new dude who did it that sealed it. drums are the real give away, they smash ridicolously hard on a big system. kush uses similar shuffly hi-hats but the beat is a lot more bassy. make up sex is crystal clear with the monster claps. will probably never know.

Matty

woof

« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2011, 05:09:04 PM »
Game's voice and flow on the two songs we've heard from the RED album Dre sessions (this and Make Up Sex) has been on point. That's probably due to Dre's production and direction, plus the fact that Game can't use that lazy flow he's been using on a lot of songs lately when he's in the studio with Dre.

???

nope not confirmed. but some chatter that it was produced by dre and a new co-producer taylor graves, who's also singing on the track. good enough for me given the drums are on some next level shit 8)

funny i just posted a video of taylor graves and his producers group The Score working with Dr Dre

http://www.dubcnn.com/connect/index.php?topic=262562.0

Darkwing Duck (The Reincarnation)

« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2011, 05:15:44 PM »

???

whenever u feel like "oh shit, thats a Dre-beat", the producion-credit ends up belonging to some Aftermath-dude.
Dre's stuff is so easy to reprouce, its sometimes impossible to know who produced what even if the "sound" sounds like Dre.
and whenver Dre gets confirmed credit for his work, it ends up being for some unconvential stuff like this reaggae-joint wit Game and Busta Rhymes..
like what the fuck.. lol

i would say with higher than 90% certainly it's a dre production on whole vibe and quality of the joint. no way it's a neptunes/chad beat. when i read someone saying it was actually dre and this new dude who did it that sealed it. drums are the real give away, they smash ridicolously hard on a big system. kush uses similar shuffly hi-hats but the beat is a lot more bassy. make up sex is crystal clear with the monster claps. will probably never know.

wouldnt be surprised if it was a Dre-beat,
then again - wouldnt be surpised it wasnt either..
that seperates Dre from other producers. u need cofirmation for every track that "sounds" like Dre, to confirm Dre's involvement wit it.
kinda irritating, and destroys the beauty of it.
not the case wit other dudes like Alchemist, Battlecat, Primo, Fredwreck etc - they dont always need "credit"-confirmation, cuz only they can sound like themselves..

bez

« Reply #21 on: January 24, 2011, 05:22:11 PM »
If thats a dre beat, which I dont think it is, then it is weak as fuck. Sounds like it has been thrown together in 5 minutes. Awful.

Matty

« Reply #22 on: January 24, 2011, 05:24:56 PM »
If thats a dre beat, which I dont think it is, then it is weak as fuck. Sounds like it has been thrown together in 5 minutes. Awful.

you mean this or make up sex? this almost certainly is...dre is on the track too, unless i'm mistaken?

bez

« Reply #23 on: January 24, 2011, 05:25:37 PM »
Terrible beat.

Young Dan Iza

« Reply #24 on: January 24, 2011, 06:33:59 PM »
man this song is really good, game just mighta got the buzz back for the red album!  mixtape is dope!

release the no tag version!!!

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #25 on: January 24, 2011, 08:21:56 PM »
This track is too crazy.  Really feeling it.
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

Will_B

« Reply #26 on: January 25, 2011, 12:27:44 AM »
It does sound Sterile enough to be a newer Dre beat! :laugh:

Neat beat but frustratingly artificial instruments and lack of any a warmth to the sound!

The Predator

« Reply #27 on: January 25, 2011, 01:19:26 AM »
Crisp.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #28 on: January 25, 2011, 01:54:54 AM »
not really feeling it.

???

like what the fuck.. lol

wouldnt be surprised if it was a Dre-beat,
then again - wouldnt be surpised it wasnt either..
that seperates Dre from other producers. u need cofirmation for every track that "sounds" like Dre, to confirm Dre's involvement wit it.
kinda irritating, and destroys the beauty of it.
not the case wit other dudes like Alchemist, Battlecat, Primo, Fredwreck etc - they dont always need "credit"-confirmation, cuz only they can sound like themselves..
i have yet to hear someone that makes Dre style beats as good as Dre himself.
some come close

Gamestarr

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • P
« Reply #29 on: January 25, 2011, 02:01:04 AM »
Weird joint right here..

That beat is.. uuh..

and is it Dre on the hook or is it SLim tha mobster ?