Author Topic: Gucci Mane >>>>>>> Joe Budden [in real life u know wassup]  (Read 5025 times)

Knett

• 'G'
Re: that new Gucci mixtape is sum of his best work to date
« Reply #75 on: February 09, 2011, 12:12:59 PM »
Mainstream rappers in Holland are probably: Snoop Dogg, Kanye West and maybe Nelly.. lol
But I'm really glad that the US stuff doesn't catch on as much as before.

On the lijn5 channel (one of the few real hip hop stations) they don't even pay attention to the mainstream that much, they even invite rappers like Helter Skelter (Rock & Sean Price), Cool Kids, Scram Jones..

shows to me that even beyond the fake shit there is a growing group of real rap lovers.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/583-R_7V1iU" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/583-R_7V1iU</a>

Anunikke

« Reply #76 on: February 09, 2011, 03:29:34 PM »
Mainstream rappers in Holland are probably: Snoop Dogg, Kanye West and maybe Nelly.. lol

On the lijn5 channel (one of the few real hip hop stations) they don't even pay attention to the mainstream that much, they even invite rappers like Helter Skelter (Rock & Sean Price), Cool Kids, Scram Jones..

shows to me that even beyond the fake shit there is a growing group of real rap lovers.

Tmf Pure had KRS & Buckshot in rotation.
Why don't I get lijn 5?

virtuoso

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #77 on: February 09, 2011, 05:28:54 PM »
..which shows how embarrassing he is as a rapper lol.

you cry about ppl who hate joe budden coming into his threads... hmmm

Well that will be because, though I'm not a fan of Budden myself (I find him boring too), he is still a million times better artist than Gucci. Gucci can't even be called an 'artist'. But lets not make this into a Joe Budden hate thread again.

lmao listen to your elitist bullshit. gucci is as much an artist as any other rapper who made music. you can redifine the word artist for your elitist brain, but its an opinion that means nothing at the end of the day. people love to discredit music and artists they feel are below them as 'non-music' because they are pretentious assholes.

It has nothing to do with pretentiousness, the man has no linguistic skills, in fact I would be surprised if he even knows what they are, no literary skills, the phrase my 8 year old nephew could do better, and from a critical point of view, they are probably right. Therefore if we are judging this as an art form which as we are speaking in english would involve the english language, then his command and his ability to structure from it, rivals that of a special ed class pupil.

Oh but lets ignore that and instead focus on his delivery....what delivery, he is off kilter, out of sync. If we are talking about his voice, well fair enough, that might appeal to you, it doesn't to me. Therefore ultimately, all we are left with is the beats, the damn beats.

People can plaster shit all over walls and call it art, that aint art, it's shit
Gucci....is just noise, noise over some catchy beats

That is not pretentiousness, unless of course you have decided to redefine what pretensious is.
Or is it because he is breaking away from that kind of narrow minded comformity? Oh but that can't be right as his content is that of a mindless drone who confirms to every possible stereotype.

I get it, for whatever reason you might find it catchy, like the music whatever, cool, but don't confuse your liking as something you can then take a dismissive sideswipe at others with particularly when they are commenting on the very things I have outlined.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2011, 05:33:30 PM by virtuoso »

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #78 on: February 09, 2011, 05:49:06 PM »
^Don't bother. That pretentious argument only comes out when people shit on pretty terrible rappers who have fans. There has never been a time in the history of Hip Hop discussions where somebody in our shoes have called the Gucci Mane fans "elitists".

See, I sit here & listen to how Joe Budden sucks & is awful & is this & is that & if I replied calling them elitists or something, they would just say, "Oh, it's my opinion on Joe Budden, I just don't like him, he's not good.". But when I say Gucci Mane sucks, I'm "being elitist" & this & that.

But you also have to understand is that it's like a ten on one. They have numbers & they use that. They know they can say anything regardless of how stupid it sounds & as long as it's against Joe Budden, somebody will co-sign it. But hypothetically speaking, if the tables were turned & they were in a room with Slaughterhouse & thirty fans & even mentioned Gucci Mane was being compared to Joe Budden, he would get shitted on & then fall back & say, "Na, you're a better rapper, but I'm just a fan of Gucci's music".

It's such a silly argument about whose a better rapper. You can say that you'd prefer to listen to Gucci Mane, but you can easily admit Joe Budden is a better rapper; it's honestly not debatable.

Knett

• 'G'
« Reply #79 on: February 10, 2011, 08:07:04 AM »

Tmf Pure had KRS & Buckshot in rotation.
Why don't I get lijn 5?

Lijn 5 is a cable/internet radio station! It has radio hosts like Jiggy Djé, Sticks and i think even U-Niq..but I hated that KRS song by the way.. motherfuckin robot?? I get the messagebut the song sucked
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/583-R_7V1iU" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/583-R_7V1iU</a>

SCREWFACE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #80 on: February 10, 2011, 11:08:53 AM »
It has nothing to do with pretentiousness, the man has no linguistic skills, in fact I would be surprised if he even knows what they are, no literary skills, the phrase my 8 year old nephew could do better, and from a critical point of view, they are probably right. Therefore if we are judging this as an art form which as we are speaking in english would involve the english language, then his command and his ability to structure from it, rivals that of a special ed class pupil.

you talk a big talk but at the end of the day its your OPINION. you and cham can fuck off with your whole 'gucci is objectively bad' shtick. its extremely elitist and stupid. you both clearly dont listen to gucci and assume all his lyrics are at the level of an 8year old. thats not true. and no im not going to waste time copy pasting lyrics for u to dissect and eventually say they suck

S.C. The Beast

• 'G'
« Reply #81 on: February 10, 2011, 11:48:18 AM »
shut the fuck up Cham, you getting on here and bitching non-stop doesn't change the fact that gucci has quality work and that he has a fairly solid fan base... honestly, you are the worst troll ever, it backfires every time

Al Bundy

« Reply #82 on: February 10, 2011, 12:07:07 PM »
ITT: cham passes off his opinions as fact and gets reamed in the ass for it (no homo)

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #83 on: February 10, 2011, 08:08:50 PM »
shut the fuck up Cham, you getting on here and bitching non-stop doesn't change the fact that gucci has quality work and that he has a fairly solid fan base... honestly, you are the worst troll ever, it backfires every time

LOL, clown. My opinion = "bitching", your opinion = "real shit"? You sound mad, bro.

Gucci sucks. Get over it. You can still listen to it, it's not against the law.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #84 on: February 10, 2011, 08:17:31 PM »
ITT: cham passes off his opinions as fact and gets reamed in the ass for it (no homo)

Na, they are passed off as opinions, because that's what they are.

You're just electing to read into them like that because you know Joe Budden is a FAR superior rapper & don't want to get into that argument. It's cool though, can't say I blame you.

& I'm not allowed to have a confident opinion? You ever write an essay? You're taught to say what you want & if somebody disagrees they reply with a confident opinion. You don't write "Well sometimes I think this..", you write "This is what it is". You disagree? You reply with why you disagree. This a forum. Designed to "discuss" Hip Hop. Not just say "Na, Cham. You're wrong".

Or you can take the easy way out & just say "cham passes off his opinions as fact and gets reamed in the ass for it (no homo)" to avoid getting into a retarded argument about somebody who is a pretty dope lyricist & somebody else who mumbles over catchy beats.

BiggBoogaBiff

nah
« Reply #85 on: February 10, 2011, 09:10:51 PM »
Everybody follows the code of message boards, it's just that nobody wants to talk to you becuz you're biased... why can't u get that?  anybody else can have a discussion or disagreement and for the most part people discussion/talk with you too but as soon as you get on that "fuck gucci mane" or "joe buddens >> something else" shit then everybody pretty much shuts you out becuz we already know what your gonna do and what you're about and therefor you just don't matter (you only want tha attention anyways, it's not like u ever bring a genuine intelligent conversation), your only crutch is Gucci's lyrical texture and u o.d. on that becuz 1 its not that serious and 2 gucci mane isn't tha only rapper in the world.  

basically you're just wack and you're crying for attention and you want to stir some shit up but u can't becuz no1 feels u and it hurts, that's why u take so much time out of your day 2 do what you've done in this thread (and everybody can see that)....my advice, just fall tha fuck back and let it go and just accept tha fact that more people right now (and it seems like always) have fucked with Gucci Mane more than Joe Buddens (i'll say that even tho this isn't a Gucci Mane vs. Joe Buddens thread that you so desperately want it to be).  But maybe you're starting to realize that just becuz we all talk everyday all of the time that u still don't have any friends on here and all of us wouldn't care if u went away for good and just moved on with your life.  
« Last Edit: February 10, 2011, 09:12:58 PM by RadioTube!™ »

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #86 on: February 10, 2011, 09:30:42 PM »
^Incorrect. I read two line of that. Just wrong. First of all, it's not me saying Joe Budden, you guys brought up Joe Budden, so easy chief lol.

Secondly, you fail to notice you & the other three people in this thread hate Joe Budden & are in every other thread talking about him. You just happened to come across a thread where all three of these fucks found the same thread lol. They will respond, "Oh, no I don't hate him, I just think this & that", meanwhile they go out of their way to go against him. These people don't want to talk to me because I'm siding with the one thing they seem to hate more then anything in Hip Hop. Too bad for them.

Thirdly, don't say I can't have a "genuine intelligent conversation" when I'm the only one in this thread actually talking about music & the rest of you are just saying "you're wrong. I can't explain why, but you're wrong". You explain to me how Gucci is better then Joe Budden to say so. Nobody's done that yet. Mostly because you can't.

Straight up clowns. :loser:

EDIT: Hence why the people I respect are Rapsodie, Ikke (sometimes) & Shallow (sports guy). Even though they disagree with me almost as much as you do, at least they can bring something to conversation & take things I say & rebuttal to them. You guys are just ignoring what I'm saying because of some misplaced love for Gucci Mane that you can't defend due to his lack of skill.

& lol, Radiotube, you're a funny guy. When everybody is against you, you just say "smh, y'all some clownz". But when you find these threads where like three-four people are going at me, you jump in like you're some respected ass person lmao.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2011, 09:34:00 PM by Chamillitary Click »

SCREWFACE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #87 on: February 10, 2011, 11:27:52 PM »
if rapping was all about technical skill then everyone woulve love you j buddens, unfortunately its also about having charisma and mic presence

Anunikke

« Reply #88 on: February 11, 2011, 12:57:09 AM »
if rapping was all about technical skill then everyone woulve love you j buddens, unfortunately its also about having charisma and mic presence
Budden steals hov's rhyme patterns, so no.

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #89 on: February 11, 2011, 04:13:19 AM »
Cham u look desparate and in denial, not a good look!