Author Topic: Gucci Mane >>>>>>> Joe Budden [in real life u know wassup]  (Read 5023 times)

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
Re: that new Gucci mixtape is sum of his best work to date
« Reply #90 on: February 11, 2011, 09:25:34 AM »
if rapping was all about technical skill then everyone woulve love you j buddens, unfortunately its also about having charisma and mic presence

Well going by that logic & ignoring the fact lyrics are WAY more important then charisma & mic presence, I guess considering Wayne has TONS of charisma & loads of mic presence & in my opinion has better lyrics then Gucci, he MUST be on of the best rappers out there.

But define charisma for me, because I'm pretty sure I can whip up plenty of songs of Mr. Budden showing "charisma".

if rapping was all about technical skill then everyone woulve love you j buddens, unfortunately its also about having charisma and mic presence
Budden steals hov's rhyme patterns, so no.

"show me text". :D

Anunikke

« Reply #91 on: February 11, 2011, 09:28:23 AM »

Well going by that logic & ignoring the fact lyrics are WAY more important then charisma & mic presence, I guess considering Wayne has TONS of charisma & loads of mic presence & in my opinion has better lyrics then Gucci, he MUST be on of the best rappers out there.

But define charisma for me, because I'm pretty sure I can whip up plenty of songs of Mr. Budden showing "charisma".

Wrong comparisson since I deleted most material by both artists and you listen to allot of joe budden

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #92 on: February 11, 2011, 09:32:07 AM »
^Fair enough. Still a bold statement, when I really can't hear it lol.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #93 on: February 11, 2011, 09:37:40 AM »
For proof of Gucci's greatness, check out his version of illmatic. I don't see how you can disagree.

http://www.dubcnn.com/connect/index.php?topic=259756.0

SCREWFACE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #94 on: February 11, 2011, 10:53:29 AM »

lil wayne isnt so hot now but he had some great albums, but then you wouldnt know that because youd probably laugh at the idea that cash money used to be a great label with a ton of good records because its not 'DEEP' or 'INTELLIGENT' enuff for ya lmao

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #95 on: February 11, 2011, 02:05:18 PM »
^I said it before, I'll say it again. CURRENTLY, I am a fan of Lil' Wayne's music. I liked him back at 500 Degrees, all Tha Carter's & even some of his random features on songs. But I know that Joe Budden & more or less every underground rapper is better then Lil' Wayne.

I enjoy his music, his wordplay, even his swag; but I am "intelligent" enough myself to understand that as far as being a rapper goes, he isn't that good. I can name you 50 (probably many more) artists that are better rappers then Lil' Wayne, but out of that 50, I'd prefer to listen to a Lil' Wayne song out of entertainment then half of the 50 I name.

If you want to consider yourself a good rapper, you HAVE to be (without doubt) a good lyricist. Otherwise you're just allowing the beat to do all the work for you. I don't mean you have to be some elite lyricist, but you have to be able to rap & people say "that's dope" from what you say. Hence why guys like Rick Ross & Game are entertainers, not good rappers. They ride a beat & have a voice to go over it.

If you can't understand the difference, I don't know what to tell you.

SCREWFACE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #96 on: February 11, 2011, 05:10:20 PM »
lmao shut the fuck up cam your opinions about rap are retarded and backpackerish. im tired of arguing with you

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #97 on: February 11, 2011, 05:22:43 PM »
lmao shut the fuck up cam your opinions about rap are retarded and backpackerish. im tired of arguing with you

Prime example right here of what I was saying. You're not talking music. Point out where I'm wrong opposed to getting personal; you can't because you know you're wrong.

It's whatever though. I'd be tired of arguing too if I was defending Gucci Mane as being a good rapper lol.

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #98 on: February 11, 2011, 06:34:56 PM »
Son, nobody cares about what u have 2 say or how u feel

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #99 on: February 11, 2011, 09:21:12 PM »

I personally hope that's the case. I don't care what anybody here says. I'm just discussing music.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #100 on: February 12, 2011, 12:45:38 AM »

I personally hope that's the case. I don't care what anybody here says. I'm just discussing music.

you wrong for dissing my boy Gucci. Automatic >>> illmatic. Name one Nas song better than So Icy.

ICHI THE KILLER

« Reply #101 on: February 12, 2011, 01:53:59 AM »

why u talkin about urself?

Anunikke

« Reply #102 on: February 12, 2011, 02:00:46 AM »
Check songs with a similar title/subject matter first.

The reason I figured it out on slaine's 99 bottles is because he also bit a line, then I started rapping the lyrics to 99 problems and noticed it still fit the rhyme pattern.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #103 on: February 12, 2011, 02:23:01 AM »
Check songs with a similar title/subject matter first.

The reason I figured it out on slaine's 99 bottles is because he also bit a line, then I started rapping the lyrics to 99 problems and noticed it still fit the rhyme pattern.

lol damn dude is biting House of Pain and Jay-Z at the same time.

Knett

• 'G'
« Reply #104 on: February 12, 2011, 06:40:14 AM »
man fuck Gucci AND Joe Budden. They both suck but Gucci prolly wins with his huge fanbase.

I donīt care for these rappers, so I donīt listen to them. Itīs okay if you try to get someone to listen to the stuff you like, but when you just keep saying the same shit over and over thatīs just hating or dickriding, and itīs not cool. Shut up.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/583-R_7V1iU" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/583-R_7V1iU</a>