Author Topic: N*E*R*D..."In Search Of..." - THOUGHTS?  (Read 275 times)

Murrow

N*E*R*D..."In Search Of..." - THOUGHTS?
« on: January 01, 2003, 03:06:54 PM »
D/L this album - and it is really good.  Great sound, Pharrel does a good job.  He can get annoying doing all these hooks for other artists but it fits in for this album.

There are some really great and experimental songs like "Bobby James."  

My fav joints are "Truth or Dare," "Run To The Sun," "Provider" and "Bobby James."

What do you guys think?

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Re:N*E*R*D..."In Search Of..." - THOUGHTS?
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2003, 03:18:00 PM »
It's a good album...It sounds better in headphones too...I like it...The only problem is that too many of the songs sound the same...Other than that, it's some dope shit...I like "Things are Getting Better", "Run To The Sun", "Provider", "Bobby James", "Brain", and "Stay Together"...Most of the album is nice...I also had this NERD album sampler, and it had a dope ass leftover that didn't make the final album...I forgot what it was called tho...Maybe I'll rip it later...PeACe

Murrow

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2003, 03:22:12 PM »
It's a good album...It sounds better in headphones too...I like it...The only problem is that too many of the songs sound the same...Other than that, it's some dope shit...I like "Things are Getting Better", "Run To The Sun", "Provider", "Bobby James", "Brain", and "Stay Together"...Most of the album is nice...I also had this NERD album sampler, and it had a dope ass leftover that didn't make the final album...I forgot what it was called tho...Maybe I'll rip it later...PeACe

Yeah, true...there are a few songs that sound a like cause of that ones sound they use that runs through a lot of Neptune beats.

Kamal

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2003, 03:35:50 PM »
I bought the album in 2001! The 2002 version sound better....
Yeah it's a tight album, my fav tracks are :
Bobby James, Truth Or Dare, Stay Together & Run To The Sun.

Peace
« Last Edit: January 01, 2003, 03:37:12 PM by T.K. »

Murrow

« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2003, 05:20:45 PM »
I bought the album in 2001! The 2002 version sound better....
Yeah it's a tight album, my fav tracks are :
Bobby James, Truth Or Dare, Stay Together & Run To The Sun.

Peace

Hey T.K., think you could post the credits in The Vault?  Paceeeeeeee

Kamal

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2003, 02:11:32 AM »
Hey T.K., think you could post the credits in The Vault?  Paceeeeeeee
no problem, I will post the credits very soon.

Peace

On The Edge of Insanity

« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2003, 12:22:44 PM »
Yeah I got this album for christmas and it is pretty dope. Like Murrow said, their appearances on hiphop tracks were starting to get a bit mundane but this album is mainly completly different to that style. I like the fact that they have taken loads of different styles of music and fused it into one coherant sound. For instance on Thing Are Getting Better, the chorus is totally different in style to the rest of the song yet it still works. And you have songs which are straight rnb type songs mixed in with stuff like Provider which almost sounds like an old fashioned country song. Bobby James is pure brilliance, and overall I couldn't really think of any complaints that I had about this album.

Murrow

« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2003, 01:34:44 PM »
Yeah I got this album for christmas and it is pretty dope. Like Murrow said, their appearances on hiphop tracks were starting to get a bit mundane but this album is mainly completly different to that style. I like the fact that they have taken loads of different styles of music and fused it into one coherant sound. For instance on Thing Are Getting Better, the chorus is totally different in style to the rest of the song yet it still works. And you have songs which are straight rnb type songs mixed in with stuff like Provider which almost sounds like an old fashioned country song. Bobby James is pure brilliance, and overall I couldn't really think of any complaints that I had about this album.

I agree.  Also, I think it is at the end of "Run To The Sun" where the beat changes and it is this tight beat with a saxaphone.  Awesome.

On The Edge of Insanity

« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2003, 01:40:59 PM »
Yeah I forgot about Run To The Sun, that section of the track is dope. Why can't they do production like this on hiphop tracks?

Reef

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Guess Whos Back?
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2003, 01:42:49 PM »
I thought it wasa pretty tight album, different to what i expected, but i liked it.. Fave tracks have 2 b Bobby James, Provider, Lapdance and Brain.

Murrow

« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2003, 01:57:05 PM »
What were the singles/videos for the album?

Reef

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Guess Whos Back?
« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2003, 02:13:37 PM »
Lapdance and Rockstar are the only two ive seen.

Kamal

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2003, 02:37:34 PM »
There is also a video for Provider

Murrow

« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2003, 02:43:09 PM »
There is also a video for Provider

Is that the one where they are all riding bicycles on the street?

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2003, 09:53:57 PM »
"Provider" was a single?...I never knew that...PeACe