Author Topic: this is the track that started Kurupts downfall  (Read 593 times)

YoungGotti

• Lil Geezy
this is the track that started Kurupts downfall
« on: January 27, 2011, 01:20:07 PM »

wtf was he smoking when he did this ???

HighEyeCue

Re: this is the track that started Kurupts downfall
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2011, 02:19:43 PM »
what year was this 1998? I think it might be the worst verse he had done up to that point in time

Darkwing Duck (The Reincarnation)

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2011, 02:22:12 PM »
its just a freestyle..

Slip Capone

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2011, 02:51:39 PM »
its just a freestyle..
EXACTLY!!!everbodyz a critic,and even though that waz a 12 or 13 year old freestyle & not his one of hiz Greatest verses its still better than half of the shit that i hear people spittin 2day

doublee313

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2011, 04:11:21 PM »
its just a freestyle..
EXACTLY!!!everbodyz a critic,and even though that waz a 12 or 13 year old freestyle & not his one of hiz Greatest verses its still better than half of the shit that i hear people spittin 2day

Kurupt hasn't put anything good out since Space Boogie.  Let's be honest, The Blackout sucked (got thrown out my window), and the Terrance Martin one, oh my god (pure shit).  I'm Burnt was good, but come on the guy has lost his edge.  I give Daz a better chance of making a comeback.

Smackdog

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2011, 06:17:59 PM »
its just a freestyle..

Kurupt hasn't put anything good out since Space Boogie.  Let's be honest, The Blackout sucked (got thrown out my window), and the Terrance Martin one, oh my god (pure shit).  I'm Burnt was good, but come on the guy has lost his edge.  I give Daz a better chance of making a comeback.

I feel this bro.........cause that is what I do with Kurupt albums too......I throw them away and am wishing I never heard such .....he has some very great verses ...and guest appearances......but he does not know how to record an album all by itself
"If you see me on a solo move believe that I'm strapped"  - dr. dre

"as he wondered what popped before he got popped, I told you this is dre and you know it dont stop"
"don't choke,  if you do,  you  have no clue, of what me and my homeboy Snoop dogg came to do"

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2011, 06:39:36 PM »
what year was this 1998? I think it might be the worst verse he had done up to that point in time

And the one he did on Short Khop's album

HighEyeCue

« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2011, 08:59:06 AM »
its just a freestyle..

I agree it was a freestyle but not a good look when Ras Kass and El-Drex both came correct

And the one he did on Short Khop's album

that was terrible as well :-X

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2011, 09:22:04 AM »
its just a freestyle..

I'm Burnt was one of the worst songs on that album

DeeezNuuuts83

« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2011, 11:19:08 AM »
its just a freestyle..
Freestyle or not, it was wack, and a ruined a pretty dope beat.  Just because it gets recorded doesn't mean it should get released.  Sometimes, it's worth it to re-record... imagine if Pac had gone with the demo version of Hit 'Em Up instead of what got released.  It would've paled in comparison.  Miserably.

Besides, Kurupt is capable of so much more even when freestyling, especially at that stage in his career.  Weren't songs like Trylogy and Live on the Mic completely freestyled?

LAC/EASTSIDE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • BORN AND RAISED IN THE SC to BG
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2011, 01:07:32 PM »
its just a freestyle..

You criticizing Kurupt but you saying IM Burnt was good?????? Are you serious or was it a joke?
"Ask me why I'm high and my reply, till the day I die. Don't want to picture this cold world with sober eyes"

YoungGotti

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2011, 03:05:56 PM »
its just a freestyle..

I hear ya but it was still garbage and you cant argue that Gotti has been inconsistent at best ever since around that time