Author Topic: Don't support "Detox". It's what Jesus would want.  (Read 2181 times)

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
Re: Don't support "Detox". It's what Jesus would want.
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2011, 06:04:35 PM »
It's simple if you dont want to support it, don't. Should not have to round up followers to have that happen.
You're telling the wrong people.

Less then 10% of people here even buy albums. They wouldn't support it even if "I Need A Doctor" was the greatest rap song of all time.

You have to talk to people from the ages of 13-17 & Dre stans from the ages of 30-40 lol. Make this announcement on the radio.

This is coming from someone who actually likes "I Need A Doctor" & I'll tell you now, I'm not buying Detox lol.

Cham u a cool dude but man you got a age complex bro. Most people in that age group to be honest don't even listen to Dre to the point of stanning as you put. Most people 30-40 got more important shit to worry about like jobs, mortage and kids. I mean most older people might voice they opinion on some ehh music or the direction of the genre but that don't mean they stans. Most people that age enjoy a nice Dre joint on the radio or at a function, but look at Dre more or less as just a producer that puts out a album every 10-15 years with alot of dope rappers on it.

Exactly. They don't have time for it, so they aren't here complaining about how it isn't good enough for them.

The people I'm talking about don't know what an internet forum is & probably haven't even heard "I Need A Doctor" yet; but when Dre drops his album, they will go cop it because they've been fans since "The Chronic". I'm talking about the homeboy Chuck who cuts your hair, who doesn't even know how to work a computer lol.

Less THAN 10% of people here even buy albums. They wouldn't support it even if "I Need A Doctor" was the greatest rap song of all time.

You have to talk to people from the ages of 13-17 & Dre stans from the ages of 30-40 lol. Make this announcement on the radio.

This is coming from someone who actually likes "I Need A Doctor" & I'll tell you now, I'm not buying Detox lol.

What a stupid statement. On what grounds could you prove that under 10% of this site buys albums?

It was exaggeration. But realistically, alright; you wanna go there. Let's say 50% buy albums (that even sounds high) & what are there 100 people (that sounds high); I'm GIVING you extra.

That's fifty copies. That's absolutely nothing. Even if 100% of people bought albums, that's 100 copies. That's still nothing. It's stupid to preach a message to boycott an album that you all used to go to sleep at night having wet dreams about & even if everyone agreed, it still wouldn't harm sales because the age groups I mentioned are the ones buying it.

Matty

« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2011, 06:09:01 PM »
bro i doubt mauzip is thinking he can make a dent in detox's record sales :laugh:

dude is just having a bit of fun while trying to make the point that dre is putting out some watered down crap (i need a doctor) that he don't and don't think anyone else should support.

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2011, 06:12:10 PM »
It's simple if you dont want to support it, don't. Should not have to round up followers to have that happen.

Less then 10% of people here even buy albums. They wouldn't support it even if "I Need A Doctor" was the greatest rap song of all time.

Cham u a cool dude but man you got a age complex bro. Most people in that age group to be honest don't even listen to Dre to the point of stanning as you put. Most people 30-40 got more important shit to worry about like jobs, mortage and kids. I mean most older people might voice they opinion on some ehh music or the direction of the genre but that don't mean they stans. Most people that age enjoy a nice Dre joint on the radio or at a function, but look at Dre more or less as just a producer that puts out a album every 10-15 years with alot of dope rappers on it.

Exactly. They don't have time for it, so they aren't here complaining about how it isn't good enough for them.

The people I'm talking about don't know what an internet forum is & probably haven't even heard "I Need A Doctor" yet; but when Dre drops his album, they will go cop it because they've been fans since "The Chronic". I'm talking about the homeboy Chuck who cuts your hair, who doesn't even know how to work a computer lol.

Less THAN 10% of people here even buy albums. They wouldn't support it even if "I Need A Doctor" was the greatest rap song of all time.

What a stupid statement. On what grounds could you prove that under 10% of this site buys albums?

It was exaggeration. But realistically, alright; you wanna go there. Let's say 50% buy albums (that even sounds high) & what are there 100 people (that sounds high); I'm GIVING you extra.

That's fifty copies. That's absolutely nothing. Even if 100% of people bought albums, that's 100 copies. That's still nothing. It's stupid to preach a message to boycott an album that you all used to go to sleep at night having wet dreams about & even if everyone agreed, it still wouldn't harm sales because the age groups I mentioned are the ones buying it.

That is not a stan Cham. And most people have heard of forums, most I talk to that are not on them find them a waste of time but to each his or her own. Many people HAVE heard that song and are not in a internet forum.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2011, 06:22:08 PM »
^When I said stan, I didn't mean like some of the ones we have on here. I meant more along the lines like they are going to go out & buy it because they have always been fans.

Stan was a bad word to use, I meant more like life long, die-heart Dre fans.

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2011, 06:29:54 PM »
^When I said stan, I didn't mean like some of the ones we have on here. I meant more along the lines like they are going to go out & buy it because they have always been fans.

So I guess my question for you is this. What is wrong with a life long, die hard Dre fan buying Detox or the single?

I think some people (not yourself) get too caught up in trying to drum up support for things they do or don't like. Tempted to make a thread about it and vent lol.  ;D

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #20 on: January 27, 2011, 06:31:16 PM »
the point being that you could be spending your time and energy in far more constructive ways then fucking crying and moaning about a fucking album and its queer singles.

i respect this is a music forum and this is the place for music discussion but some of you fucks go way to far...just page after page of crying like some sniveling bitches.

okay you dont like the single, we get that...speak your piece and keep it moving. its like some of you are hoping dre might log on and say "matty and the boys at dubcc dont approve of this as my lead single, im gonna call jimmy and make a change of plans immediately so as to appease my core fan base."

reality check: shit aint gonna happen...he dont care about yall. he knows your already listening he wants the young kids. he wants ems fanbase.

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #21 on: January 27, 2011, 06:38:02 PM »
the point being that you could be spending your time and energy in far more constructive ways then fucking crying and moaning about a fucking album and its queer singles.

i respect this is a music forum and this is the place for music discussion but some of you fucks go way to far...just page after page of crying like some sniveling bitches.

okay you dont like the single, we get that...speak your piece and keep it moving. its like some of you are hoping dre might log on and say "matty and the boys at dubcc dont approve of this as my lead single, im gonna call jimmy and make a change of plans immediately so as to appease my core fan base."

reality check: shit aint gonna happen...he dont care about yall. he knows your already listening he wants the young kids. he wants ems fanbase.

Post of the year candidate

Matty

« Reply #22 on: January 27, 2011, 06:42:37 PM »

:laugh:

pretty heartbroken that dre and jimmy don't actually care what us greasy lil' nerds have to say about DETOX!

but thanks for the shout-out, 'matty and the boys' will have to think of some new scheme to get to jimmy :o

MistaNova

« Reply #23 on: January 27, 2011, 08:28:19 PM »
^Wasn't there a Kill Jimmy Iovine Movement on here?

Anyway, I could give a fuck about Detox. I haven't listened to I Need A Doctor yet, but seeing as how Kush only made like #30 on the Billboard Top 40 the album is obviously gonna flop. But unless it drops nothing else will. Everyone on Aftermath the west is waiting for it to pave a road for their success. Hopefully rappers like Crooked I, Kendrick Lamar and them realise that Detox won't do shit for them unless they're on it and just release their albums and pray they blow (which they definatly will not).

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #24 on: January 27, 2011, 08:53:09 PM »

+1. Its a fucking album people. MOVE ON. If anything, its your fault for masturbating to the thought of this album every night for the past 10 years.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #25 on: January 28, 2011, 04:51:15 AM »
^Wasn't there a Kill Jimmy Iovine Movement on here?

Anyway, I could give a fuck about Detox. I haven't listened to I Need A Doctor yet, but seeing as how Kush only made like #30 on the Billboard Top 40 the album is obviously gonna flop. But unless it drops nothing else will. Everyone on Aftermath the west is waiting for it to pave a road for their success. Hopefully rappers like Crooked I, Kendrick Lamar and them realise that Detox won't do shit for them unless they're on it and just release their albums and pray they blow (which they definatly will not).
yeah, the myspace staff took down the kill jimmy iovine myspace page :D

i think there are a lot of downloaders in the age group 13-17

Furor Teutonicus

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • aka Dr. Jan Itor
« Reply #26 on: January 28, 2011, 05:04:23 AM »

For once I can agree with this idiot.

Btw I wouldn't buy it if it was the best album of all time.

MrJas

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #27 on: January 28, 2011, 05:10:25 AM »

Did Dre fuck your family or something? That's a pretty fucking gay statement to make.
You expect me to download an album that isn't real?  Sorry, but I can't sign this.

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #28 on: January 28, 2011, 09:45:33 AM »

Did Dre fuck your family or something? That's a pretty fucking gay statement to make.

give him a pass hes german.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #29 on: January 28, 2011, 10:53:13 AM »

So I guess my question for you is this. What is wrong with a life long, die hard Dre fan buying Detox or the single?

Nothing at all. Just saying, those people are going to by the album. It's cool.

My entire point in this thread was this thread is in the wrong place, targeted at the wrong people if you're serious about people not buying it lol.