Author Topic: Don't support "Detox". It's what Jesus would want.  (Read 2180 times)

JohnnyL

Re: Don't support "Detox". It's what Jesus would want.
« Reply #45 on: January 29, 2011, 12:59:09 PM »
^I understand where you're going with that. But in the end, it's going to leak on the internet a week or more before you're even allowed to buy it in stores.

Oh yeah.  I mean, by then if "Detox" really does end up getting a release date and it ends up leaking early (plus I'm sure there will be snippets of the songs posted at all the digital outlets), there will be much more to go on, for people to make an informed decision about whether or not they want to buy it.  At that point, I would completely understand people beginning to make their minds up about this album.  It just seems way premature to me for people to decide whether or not they want to support this album, right now.  Personally, I'm not yet convinced there will even be a "Detox."  It will take more than the release of a couple songs which may or may not be on the album, to convince me that an album that has been in the making for nearly ten years is finally going to come out.   But I agree with what you're saying here.  If it leaks early and then people make up their minds about the album, that to me, is totally sensible.  Just not right now.  

Leggy Hendrix

« Reply #46 on: January 29, 2011, 02:15:53 PM »
i think there are a lot of downloaders in the age group 13-17

this i agree with...i think with kids learning the pc and internet etc a lot earlier in their education, there's gotta be a lot who abuse it just as much as us older cats...

dunno who we're kidding tho, we all know if/when it drops it'll still shift a LOT of copies, but the demographic who make that purchase may change from when he dropped 2001...standards are a lot lower nowadays, kids will buy what they're used to and if pop-rap is what they're force-fed then thats what they'll buy  :-\

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/LllJK5DjofM" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/LllJK5DjofM</a><a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/g7DMeTPvZCs" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/g7DMeTPvZCs</a> <a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/yRfQGXFRr30" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/yRfQGXFRr30</a>

dude im baning you mother over here in eu. but im not a white,brown,black,yellow etc. im your nightmare

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #47 on: January 29, 2011, 03:46:50 PM »
In real life Dr. Dre should just stick 2 what we all know him 4.  I mean he can switch it up by telling different stories about his life and all but this whole ''kush, i need a doctor under pressure'' thing just isnt tha business and u can believe the ''kids'' wont eat it up, if we dont like something from our time then they wont either and u do know that!  Its not like Dr. Dre is 4 tha kids anyways, he's for everybody and most definitely tha gangsters.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #48 on: January 29, 2011, 08:53:14 PM »
I have to say, it's pretty comical how many people on here act as though they've already heard the entire album.  How could I possibly make a decision about whether or not I'm going to buy an album that does not yet exist, still has no release date, and as far as I'm concerned, may never exist.

A final decision? No. But leaked songs/singles are supposed to get you excited for the album and give you an indication of whether its worth getting. Hell, before I got into the internet and DLing, I was buying albums completely on the basis of their singles. I bought 2001 solely on the strength of its singles.

But this thread is asking me not to buy "Detox" right?  All I've heard is "Kush" which I liked, and a clean version of "I Need A Doctor," which I didn't really care for.  Personally, I'm not 100% convinced that either song will end up on "Detox."  For that matter, I'm still not 100% convinced that there will be a "Detox."  But even if there is, and these two songs are on it, I don't think that's enough for me to make a decision about buying the album.

I agree that this particular thread is stupid. But there's nothing wrong with forming expectations based on not liking either of the two singles. Both songs have been confirmed for Detox,

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
« Reply #49 on: January 29, 2011, 09:00:53 PM »
I have to say, it's pretty comical how many people on here act as though they've already heard the entire album.  How could I possibly make a decision about whether or not I'm going to buy an album that does not yet exist, still has no release date, and as far as I'm concerned, may never exist.

A final decision? No. But leaked songs/singles are supposed to get you excited for the album and give you an indication of whether its worth getting. Hell, before I got into the internet and DLing, I was buying albums completely on the basis of their singles. I bought 2001 solely on the strength of its singles.

But this thread is asking me not to buy "Detox" right?  All I've heard is "Kush" which I liked, and a clean version of "I Need A Doctor," which I didn't really care for.  Personally, I'm not 100% convinced that either song will end up on "Detox."  For that matter, I'm still not 100% convinced that there will be a "Detox."  But even if there is, and these two songs are on it, I don't think that's enough for me to make a decision about buying the album.

I agree that this particular thread is stupid. But there's nothing wrong with forming expectations based on not liking either of the two singles. Both songs have been confirmed for Detox,

Yall just say the word and I will Master Lock this bitch

JohnnyL

« Reply #50 on: January 29, 2011, 09:07:51 PM »

Not that it matters, but where have both songs been confirmed for "Detox," ?  I'm not saying you're wrong, but I've not heard that.  Even assuming they currently are, there's no way we can know for sure if they'll end up on the final version of the album, if and when it's released.  Right now, there's no set date for it, and it's been "coming soon" for about 10 years.

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #51 on: January 29, 2011, 09:25:42 PM »
u mean yall quoted that bullshit and didnt quote me?  Wtf did u learn from that, wat waz there 2 extract, wat waz different about it, how was that useful, wat waz new about it?  This shit iz corny, who's reading this shit, and couldnt this have gone in The DOC's thread.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #52 on: January 29, 2011, 09:41:31 PM »

Not that it matters, but where have both songs been confirmed for "Detox," ?  I'm not saying you're wrong, but I've not heard that.  Even assuming they currently are, there's no way we can know for sure if they'll end up on the final version of the album, if and when it's released.  Right now, there's no set date for it, and it's been "coming soon" for about 10 years.

Dr. Dre himself says Kush will be on the album in this interview:

A video was made and it was released as a single

Alex da Kid confirms I Need A Doctor will be on Detox.

Not only that but every website is reporting it as a Detox single. A video was made and its about to be released as a single

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #53 on: January 30, 2011, 03:05:56 AM »
the single is also on dre's website, well the picture is

Detox Is A Myth!!!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Detox is the biggest marketing deception on Earth
« Reply #54 on: January 30, 2011, 05:18:34 AM »
How in the world did a joke thread go 3 pages already?  Thread starter was just joking around, and people took it as a serious statement about boycotting Detox?  ???  Wow.  It was a JOKE people.
"Detox" is a myth -- Bigfoot, Loch Ness Monster, Area 51, Iraq having WMD, Detox...you get it now?  It was invented by the Aftermath marketing department to maintain the fans' attention.  Notice how everytime a new Aftermath album is ready to come out, they always mention Detox is next up?  Because they are using the invention of "Detox" as a way to market other albums.  The sooner you realize that Detox is NOT REAL, the sooner you'll feel liberated.  Oh yeah, f.u. Aftermath for fooling us fans.

JohnnyL

« Reply #55 on: January 30, 2011, 05:48:08 AM »

But this thread is asking me not to buy "Detox" right?  All I've heard is "Kush" which I liked, and a clean version of "I Need A Doctor," which I didn't really care for.  Personally, I'm not 100% convinced that either song will end up on "Detox."  For that matter, I'm still not 100% convinced that there will be a "Detox."  But even if there is, and these two songs are on it, I don't think that's enough for me to make a decision about buying the album.

Not that it matters, but where have both songs been confirmed for "Detox," ?  I'm not saying you're wrong, but I've not heard that.  Even assuming they currently are, there's no way we can know for sure if they'll end up on the final version of the album, if and when it's released.  Right now, there's no set date for it, and it's been "coming soon" for about 10 years.

Dr. Dre himself says Kush will be on the album in this interview:

A video was made and it was released as a single

Alex da Kid confirms I Need A Doctor will be on Detox.

Not only that but every website is reporting it as a Detox single. A video was made and its about to be released as a single

I stand corrected on "Kush."  I didn't hear Alex da Kid say anything about "Detox" in that second clip though.  But even assuming both of these songs are supposed to be on there now, there's no release date for the album.  It's completely possible that Dre could decide not use those tracks if and when the album drops.  "The Way I Be Pimpin'" was supposed to be on "2001."  It was even discussed in some of the early album reviews, but it didn't end up on the album.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2011, 08:53:26 AM by JohnnyL »

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #56 on: January 30, 2011, 07:29:38 AM »
How in the world did a joke thread go 3 pages already?  Thread starter was just joking around, and people took it as a serious statement about boycotting Detox?  ???  Wow.  It was a JOKE people.

LOL no shit, and look who got all butt hurt about it, Chamilitary Click, the Joe Buddden of dubcc.

I agree with Mauzip.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #57 on: January 30, 2011, 09:16:03 AM »

LOL no shit, and look who got all butt hurt about it, Chamilitary Click, the Joe Buddden of dubcc.

I agree with Mauzip.

Says the guy who had to make his own individual thread about one of the singles, giving it a harsh, detailed review because he's "butt hurt". :laugh: ::)

Y'allll some clowns on here.

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #58 on: January 30, 2011, 12:08:59 PM »

I agree with Mauzip.

Says the guy who had to make his own individual thread about one of the singles, giving it a harsh, detailed review because he's "butt hurt". :laugh: ::)

Butt hurt?  I was just picking apart the song that's all.  Go back like 5,6,7 years ago and you'll see that's all I used to do in Outbound.  I just don't do it much anymore. 

Why do you get offended and take it personal whenever someone thinks a song sucks?  You didn't argue anything I said in there, you just get mad emo.  Change your name to Buddden.  It's obvious why you're a huge fan of his, you both are mad emo.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #59 on: January 30, 2011, 01:00:00 PM »

I agree with Mauzip.

Butt hurt?  I was just picking apart the song that's all.  Go back like 5,6,7 years ago and you'll see that's all I used to do in Outbound.  I just don't do it much anymore. 

Why do you get offended and take it personal whenever someone thinks a song sucks?  You didn't argue anything I said in there, you just get mad emo.  Change your name to Buddden.  It's obvious why you're a huge fan of his, you both are mad emo.

Not nearly. An emo person would shut down other types of music. I mean, I can't say for certain, but I'm probably one of the biggest mainstream Hip Hop fans on the board. I don't mind a new Lil' Wayne album, or Drake. The only time I get defensive about the mainstream is when people like Radiotube try & act like they are amazing rappers on another level. Being emo & being a fan of Lil' Wayne music doesn't make the slightest bit of sense lol.

& why am I "taking it personally"? You think it "sucks", I don't think it's that bad. I'm not entitled to think so? I'm just debating my side.

I think you're confusing "emo" with me being "mindboggled" that you guys didn't expect this from Dre lol. Getting BACK to that I'm a fan of mainstream music, this Dre stuff doesn't bother me at all.

There are other musical options out there if I want real Hip Hop. You got your Royce's, your Budden's, your Tech N9ne's, your Immortal Technique's. If I want mainstream & some chill music, I got my Wayne, Drake, Eminem, Kanye, Jay-Z & Dr. Dre. ;)