Author Topic: Premo Beat That Was Rejected By Kanye West  (Read 1529 times)

weedhead

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Premo Beat That Was Rejected By Kanye West
« Reply #45 on: January 29, 2011, 05:28:29 AM »
beats cool.. but he got waaay better joints than this...Kanye should have taken this anyway..i can see him rocking over this.

Knett

• 'G'
« Reply #46 on: January 29, 2011, 07:30:06 AM »
The people who keep saying stop hating annoy me even more than the haters these days. Let people speak their minds god damn it.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/583-R_7V1iU" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/583-R_7V1iU</a>

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #47 on: January 29, 2011, 08:38:21 AM »
I think that is a dope little loop, could def make it into a song...throw in some scratches, have Kanye add a lil element here or there, could have been real dope...

But Kanye's homosexual devil worshipping ass doesn't deserve it anyway...and I didn't listen to his album, but I'm guessing this kind of joint wouldn't have flowed really well with the rest of the sound. 

Nas would be good.

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Shoot 'em up bang bang, nigga die slow
« Reply #48 on: January 29, 2011, 04:56:34 PM »
^ And there you have it! 8) ;D

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
« Reply #49 on: January 29, 2011, 05:39:08 PM »
if u compare both Dre and Primo wit themselves, they sure as hell are washed up.
even Pete..

Judging by this post, you really have no idea what you are talking about. Delete your account.

LMAO, ur embarrassin urself by being sensitive..

go away & cry

Can't be anymore embarassing than your post. You call them washed up when you yourself are a DPG fanboy.

at least, im not getting upset when somebody say that Kurupt and Daz are washed up - like u do wit Primo.
deal wit it, everything is subjective.
if people dont like ur favorite producers as much as u, dont get emotional cuz then you're vulnerable.
whats next?
are u gonna ban me if say that Solar did some great production for Guru, or if i dont like the "Livin' Proof"-album as much as u?
LMAO,
seriously, shut the fuck - and stop embarrasing urself.

Where in my post did I get upset? Do you think I'm actually sitting here getting all emotional? You obviously just don't know the meaning of washed up. If you had said fallen off, I would have agreed with you. Them 3 producers are falling, but in no way are they washed up. Also, just to let you know, i can't ban you.  ;)

what i meant,
is if u compare the current versions of those dudes (Dre and Primo), and compare em wit Dre and Primo from the 90's, then they're not as fantastic anymore..
i find the new music interestin at times, but i rather pick up a Gang Starr or "Chronic"-album every day of the week..
im sure u do too
primo washed up ? you need to leave the crack alone. i see you mentioned gangstarr. the ownerz is a classic and was released in 2003 and not in the 90's... listen to it. and blaq poet's tha blaq print. both albums are some of primo's best work.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

CHUCK KNOXXX

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • FUCK LOVE & FUCK THE WORLD
« Reply #50 on: January 30, 2011, 09:13:32 AM »
if u compare both Dre and Primo wit themselves, they sure as hell are washed up.
even Pete..

Judging by this post, you really have no idea what you are talking about. Delete your account.

go away & cry

Can't be anymore embarassing than your post. You call them washed up when you yourself are a DPG fanboy.

at least, im not getting upset when somebody say that Kurupt and Daz are washed up - like u do wit Primo.
if people dont like ur favorite producers as much as u, dont get emotional cuz then you're vulnerable.
whats next?
are u gonna ban me if say that Solar did some great production for Guru, or if i dont like the "Livin' Proof"-album as much as u?
LMAO,

Where in my post did I get upset? Do you think I'm actually sitting here getting all emotional? You obviously just don't know the meaning of washed up. If you had said fallen off, I would have agreed with you. Them 3 producers are falling, but in no way are they washed up. Also, just to let you know, i can't ban you.  ;)

what i meant,
is if u compare the current versions of those dudes (Dre and Primo), and compare em wit Dre and Primo from the 90's, then they're not as fantastic anymore..
i find the new music interestin at times, but i rather pick up a Gang Starr or "Chronic"-album every day of the week..
im sure u do too
primo washed up ? you need to leave the crack alone. i see you mentioned gangstarr. the ownerz is a classic and was released in 2003 and not in the 90's... listen to it. and blaq poet's tha blaq print. both albums are some of primo's best work.
yeah, the production on the blaq poet album was fuckin incredible....i like this beat, but not for kanye
http://www.facebook.com/AllAngles818 
CLICK ALBUM COVERS TO DOWNLOAD

Darkwing Duck (The Reincarnation)

« Reply #51 on: January 30, 2011, 04:32:14 PM »
even Pete..

go away & cry

whats next?
LMAO,

what i meant,
im sure u do too

i have the blaqprint album - havent listened to it yet
"ownerz" is a very dope album, not a classic tho

operation stackola

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #52 on: January 30, 2011, 06:17:16 PM »
Dope beat, but not worthy of Ye's masterpiece

Jimmy H.

« Reply #53 on: January 30, 2011, 09:36:26 PM »
To get into the argument regarding whether certain producers are "washed up", I think they're all doing well for themselves. You can't compare people who've been in the game from 15-25 years with others who are only on 10+ or even less than that. If we're talking about hip-hop artists/producers who've been doing it since the 80's, I think in terms of relevancy, Dre is at the top of his class. I think DJ Premier is still holding his own. 20 years is no cake walk in the entertainment biz. If someone has grown up on an artist's music, it's hard for them to accept a chnage in style. They want to throw on your CD and feel like a teenager again. It's way harder to accept an established brand changing its formula than a new one coming out with something different. People will tend to accept DJ Premier or someone like Scarface over Dr. Dre right now because they are a little lower profile. Let me pose this question and see what kind of debate we can have: Of the artist/producers in music (not just hip-hop) who've been doing it on a mainstream level for at least 20 years, how many of you prefer their catalog in the last 6-7 years over prior eras?

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #54 on: January 31, 2011, 12:29:51 AM »
"The Ownerz" was fire. "Who Got Gunz" is one of my favourite Premo beats for real, and "Right Where You Stand" and "Skills" were dope singles

Soopahigh

« Reply #55 on: January 31, 2011, 05:48:03 AM »
Premo's beats are dope even though they tend to sound alike a lot. But if it ain't broke...
This beat is nice not Premo's best but still dope. I don't think it would have fit Ye's album though.
I set it as my ringtone  ;)

Knett

• 'G'
« Reply #56 on: January 31, 2011, 08:15:16 AM »
Still, if I hear a beat thats basically the same as a beat 5 years ago,
it won´t have the same impact on people as the shit did 5 years ago.
Even if you don´t feel like improving or whatever you can still change up your shit a littlle.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/583-R_7V1iU" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/583-R_7V1iU</a>

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #57 on: January 31, 2011, 04:14:42 PM »
Still, if I hear a beat thats basically the same as a beat 5 years ago,
it won´t have the same impact on people as the shit did 5 years ago.
Even if you don´t feel like improving or whatever you can still change up your shit a littlle.
like it or not primo has evolved and managed to stay relevant from the 90's until now. a great ear can hear the eternal genius in primo's production.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

Knett

• 'G'
« Reply #58 on: February 01, 2011, 09:41:01 AM »
I think you're mixing fact with opinion.

I never said I didn't like Premier's beats. I'm just saying that even a trademark sound can get boring.
Premo has done a lot for enough rappers, but when it comes to an innovative producer like Kanye he just can't keep up. No disrespect.

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #59 on: February 01, 2011, 03:26:36 PM »
I think you're mixing fact with opinion.

I never said I didn't like Premier's beats. I'm just saying that even a trademark sound can get boring.
Premo has done a lot for enough rappers, but when it comes to an innovative producer like Kanye he just can't keep up. No disrespect.
go listen to come clean from jeru the damaja produced by primo circa 1994. also check out never goodbye by blaq poet.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2011, 03:34:39 PM by Classic Material..... Your Bitch'z Wet Dream »