Author Topic: New interview with The D.O.C (Splits with Dr. Dre/Talks About Detox)  (Read 5912 times)

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
Re: New interview with The D.O.C (Splits with Dr. Dre/Talks About Detox)
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2011, 05:03:14 PM »
Wait 'til you guys here the rest of the info that's forthcoming...we hooked up a doozy for DX

No offense Chad, but I always wondered why u would hook up a interview for HHDX if you are working for dubcnn.

Elson

« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2011, 05:45:28 PM »
If even DOC ain't fucking with the creative direction of it, someone who been around Dre for 20 years, that tells us a lot.

Exactly. I don't know about all y'all, but i think this is real bad news.

d.o.c writes great lyrics.no doubt that without him ghostwriting for dre ,detox will be worse.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2011, 05:49:11 PM by Elson »

Scrappy Doo

« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2011, 05:52:26 PM »
Really sad interview  :(

Matty

« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2011, 06:00:14 PM »
the shit about the yes men makes a lot of sense. why else would the 'perfectionist' put out songs like kush and i need a doctor, only damaging his rep in the long run. the industry shills might like it and push it, but dre's always stayed on the right side of the fine line between banging, dope sounding music and generic pop records. now he's crossed that line in such an obvious and blatant way, i don't think there's any turning back.

but detox should still have some banging party tracks! that's what i'm waiting on 8)

jaytee

« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2011, 06:10:13 PM »
"Sometimes the business end of this shit can turn your friends against you - but you was a real nigga, I could sense it in you.  I still remember the window of the car that you went through, that's fucked up.  But I'll never forget the shit we been through, and I'ma do whatever it takes to convince you, cuz you my nigga DOC"

This is very disappointing to hear, not only for the record, but for them to end up in this type of situation again.  There's always multiple sides to the story, but I think there's a lot of truth to what DOC is saying with the yes men and all of that.  DOC wasn't and isn't afraid to check him.  At the same time, it is Dre's album and if their vision doesn't match up, then DOC has to fall back a bit.  As a fan of the both of them, it's frustrating, because they're a proven combination with quite a few classics under their belts. 

DOC has put his life on hold with the surgery to help put this album out.  He could have gotten his surgery a long time ago and this album still wouldn't be out.  Maybe DOC could have been a feature.  I definitely feel him on that.  He's sacrificed a lot and he's got to live his life for himself.  I've been anxiously waiting for him to get the surgery since he first announced the plan for that and the reality show.  He may not a huge name in the public eye, but that's a reality show worth watching that can open him up to a new generation of fans and a whole new demographic.  He needs to what is best for him at this point and if these other guys don't fit into the equation, then they simply don't. 

As far as the album goes, I'm not really anticipating it anymore and haven't been for a long time now.  When and if it drops, it drops.  I'll check it out, but it don't really mean as much as it did a few years back. 

TDOT

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #20 on: January 27, 2011, 07:03:32 PM »
U gotta give it to him he didn't throw dre under the bus .

Well he kind of did in a way, but when you're The D.O.C. you should be able to say whatever the fuck you want about Dre. This guy has backed Dre on and off again since near the beginning. And since 2001 he's been a huge force behind everything Dre-related, so he should put Dre on blast if deserved. It's a sad day when even The D.O.C. can't stand by Dre anymore.

Hittman2001

« Reply #21 on: January 27, 2011, 08:55:03 PM »
man, i really dont know what to say about this news.  A part of me wants to believe all this talk/rumors about the direction of the album is just a marketing ploy by the label and those around dre, i want to believe i need a doctor will sound different than what we heard, i want to believe that its not gonna be on detox.  but, i guess reality is starting to set in for me now.  i honestly believe this is gonna lead to watered down album not produced by dre at all. 

but, when i think that, i hope the overall response to i need a doctor is the same as under pressure.  we are getting pretty much the same responses now(minus some of eminem fans on another forum).

But, i guess reality is starting to set it for me.  It just sucks though....been here going on 9 years...what started my interest here was this album along with Oh My God, Xzibit's stuff, Em's untouchable year of 2002, 50, Snoop.......but all those came and went....detox has remained the constant for me. Shit, i just dont know what to think.  Betrayal is shaping up to be the word i'm feeling....along with feeling like a dumbass for patiently waiting for this album.

However, we dont know what the final product will be, only time will tell.  Hope for the best and prepare for the worst

LakersAlldaWay

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • SG Valley, CA
« Reply #22 on: January 27, 2011, 09:06:50 PM »
Wow, interesting interview. I'm curious to hear how Detox shapes up.

Anonymous.

• 'G'
« Reply #23 on: January 27, 2011, 09:09:04 PM »

But, i guess reality is starting to set it for me.  It just sucks though....been here going on 9 years...what started my interest here was this album along with Oh My God, Xzibit's stuff, Em's untouchable year of 2002, 50, Snoop.......but all those came and went....detox has remained the constant for me. Shit, i just dont know what to think.  Betrayal is shaping up to be the word i'm feeling....along with feeling like a dumbass for patiently waiting for this album.

wahahaha
Our Detox who Flop in heaven,
overrated be thy name,
thy wackness come,
thy will be done,
in Cali as it is in Europe,
give us this day our early leaks,
and forgive us our bootleggers,
for we promote those who bootleg the wankstas,
and lead us not into some gay shit,
but deliver us from wiggers,
Amen.

U.N.T.O.U.C.H.A.B.L.E.

« Reply #24 on: January 27, 2011, 09:33:27 PM »
doc needs to stfu and stop complaining cause he fucked over six-2 with that deuce album

wat would u know about that shyt mate lmao, shouldnt u be drinking sum tea & stay outta real g shyt  ;) 

Earholerapist

« Reply #25 on: January 27, 2011, 09:44:47 PM »
d.o.c. is old

Anonymous.

• 'G'
« Reply #26 on: January 27, 2011, 09:58:09 PM »
doc needs to stfu and stop complaining cause he fucked over six-2 with that deuce album

wat would u know about that shyt mate lmao, shouldnt u be drinking sum tea & stay outta real g shyt  ;) 

r u a real G mate?
Our Detox who Flop in heaven,
overrated be thy name,
thy wackness come,
thy will be done,
in Cali as it is in Europe,
give us this day our early leaks,
and forgive us our bootleggers,
for we promote those who bootleg the wankstas,
and lead us not into some gay shit,
but deliver us from wiggers,
Amen.

Chad

« Reply #27 on: January 27, 2011, 10:01:47 PM »
Wait 'til you guys here the rest of the info that's forthcoming...we hooked up a doozy for DX

No offense Chad, but I always wondered why u would hook up a interview for HHDX if you are working for dubcnn.

Because I don't "work" for dubcnn...
Resume: BBC / HipHopDX / TMZ / Billboard / XXL / LA Weekly / AFH // Ice Cube. MC Ren . Sir Jinx . DOC . Too Short . Fredwreck . DJ Jazzy Jeff

www.chadkiser.com
Twitter:  @chadmkiser
IG:  chadmkiser

Jimmy H.

« Reply #28 on: January 27, 2011, 10:06:06 PM »
It's not a pretty picture when two of Dre's closest confidantes, D.O.C. and Bruce Williams, are no longer in the fold anymore. We'll see what happens though.  

HighEyeCue

« Reply #29 on: January 27, 2011, 10:08:45 PM »
If even DOC ain't fucking with the creative direction of it, someone who been around Dre for 20 years, that tells us a lot.

Exactly. I don't know about all y'all, but i think this is real bad news.

Cosign both these comments. I take nothing good from this interview as far as Dre is concerned.