Author Topic: New interview with The D.O.C (Splits with Dr. Dre/Talks About Detox)  (Read 5919 times)

I`m Wayne Brady bitch!

Re: New interview with The D.O.C (Splits with Dr. Dre/Talks About Detox)
« Reply #90 on: January 31, 2011, 08:18:05 AM »
I think it is exactly the opposite.  Music moves on, this is not the 80's and 90's and music continues to evolve.  It takes more courage for an artist to realize that the same old stuff isn't selling and adjust.

BTW what was the last decent track that D.O.C. had a hand in?  Sounds like someone caught feelings.

Music dont evolve, its an art, it does NOT change.. mainstream change, not the music..

Everything evolves even art.  If it doesn't evolve or continue to change it dies off. The way music is delivered to the masses evolves, the instruments used to create music evolve, deliveries evolve, vocal patterns evolve, the consumers musical tastes evolve.
Its imposibble for somethin like music to evolve.. things like pc games can evolve, couse they can always get better on graphics, realism etc. but music cant, to evolve means to change for better, to move on.. and music cant, mainstream can change, the music thats being brought to people - thats what changes, but the music itself

Are you high? Does the music of today sound like the music 20 years ago? Where do you think hip hop even came from? It didn't even exist in the 60s.
It isnt the music that changed during those 20 years, the mainstream did, so did the artists.. but not music itself..

This must be some of the dumbest things ever said on dubcc, and trust me, that´s saying alot.

You don´t have to be a rocket scientist to know that not only has music changed over the last 20 years, but instruments, effects, compressors, equlizers, mastering equipment etc.  that exists in 2011 can do things that wasn´t even thinkable in the 80´s. Of course music has changed. You have to be one ignorant dimwit to not know that.
how you imagine music changin? what you discribed is industry, artists etc. that changed.. the thing that changed is what you got to hear.. but how tha fuck you want to change music?
i know for a fact that you are ignorant from your earlier posts.. but at least give your brain a shot, and try to understand

Jesus Christ you´re dumb. Music HAS changed immensely over the last 20 years. I can namedrop 100 artists on the spot that has changed it for the better, but you probably wouldn´t understand it even if you heard it (I´m talking about everything from composition, changing use of instruments and drums, mixing, mastering etc). I have an education in music production and music theory, so why I bother arguing with someone who clearly doesn´t have an IQ high enough to open a door, is beyond me (a boring day at work might have something to do with it).

You´re basing my "ignorance" as you call it on me criticizing your boyfriend (Dr.Dre), and I have a suspicion that you´re basing your argument on what music you listen to (primeraly hip-hop and Dr.Dre), and if that´s the case I can agree with you to an extent, because hip-hop from a production and structure point of view hasn´t changed much in the last 20 years.

Still, to claim that music hasn´t changed in 20 years is possibly the dumbest thing ever said on this forum. Congrats!  8)

MarshColin

« Reply #91 on: January 31, 2011, 11:23:15 AM »
Has anyone actually read the interview?  D.O.C. basically just says that Dre wants to still talk about smoking weed and the same shit they talked about on 2001 and D.O.C. thinks they should take a more mature approach and stick to a actual detox theme.  It's not some big falling out.
Yes, but this forum will continue to be what it's always been so something like D.O.C. announcing that he's creatively seperated from Dre turns into "Dre stabbed D.O.C. in the back by firing him because Jimmy Iovine told him to so they could have Justin Bieber and Lady Gaga all over Detox". It's that "dissapointed child" syndrome. Rather than just offering a opinion on the story in front of them, they have to build some hypothetical "worst case" situation so other people can share their anger and have a common villian.

This.

NewYork Pope

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #92 on: January 31, 2011, 04:21:04 PM »
This sounds more like DOC wanted Detox to go in HIS direction, cause he was so confident of what “he & Dre” did for the album.
Last i check Dre seem to know what works since DOC had his solo platinum LP, Dre still produces hit records, DOC doesn’t so Dre opinion matters more for Detox, oh yeah plus it’s HIS album.
You don’t like it go do voiceovers with Ted Williams, DOC.

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
« Reply #93 on: January 31, 2011, 04:28:47 PM »
This sounds more like DOC wanted Detox to go in HIS direction, cause he was so confident of what “he & Dre” did for the album.
Last i check Dre seem to know what works since DOC had his solo platinum LP, Dre still produces hit records, DOC doesn’t so Dre opinion matters more for Detox, oh yeah plus it’s HIS album.
You don’t like it go do voiceovers with Ted Williams, DOC.
LOL.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #94 on: January 31, 2011, 07:04:09 PM »
Great interview.  Interesting to hear how he helped Snoop write "Nuthin But A G Thang".  Snoop never mentions DOC much as far as I know.  Sounds like DOC is a real genius in the industry, but maybe he has such a large ego that he gets a little sidetracked when he tries to step out on his own.  Sounds like him and Dre really need each other, respectively.
My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

bouli77

« Reply #95 on: January 31, 2011, 07:19:14 PM »
Great interview.  Interesting to hear how he helped Snoop write "Nuthin But A G Thang".  Snoop never mentions DOC much as far as I know.  Sounds like DOC is a real genius in the industry, but maybe he has such a large ego that he gets a little sidetracked when he tries to step out on his own.  Sounds like him and Dre really need each other, respectively.

nah Snoop gives a lot of credit to the DOC in interviews. what doc says in this interview about how he taught snoop how to construct a verse properly Snoop explained it in an interview they showed at the Hip Hop Honors 2007 i think. and on doc's 2003 album Snoop has a skit where he basically gives props to d.o.c. for his influence and guidance.

LAC/EASTSIDE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • BORN AND RAISED IN THE SC to BG
« Reply #96 on: January 31, 2011, 08:45:27 PM »
Looks like DRE is turning pop. Wish he had more balls to decide shit on his own instead of listening to bitch ass jimmy.
"Ask me why I'm high and my reply, till the day I die. Don't want to picture this cold world with sober eyes"

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #97 on: February 01, 2011, 10:32:50 PM »

nah Snoop gives a lot of credit to the DOC in interviews. what doc says in this interview about how he taught snoop how to construct a verse properly Snoop explained it in an interview they showed at the Hip Hop Honors 2007 i think. and on doc's 2003 album Snoop has a skit where he basically gives props to d.o.c. for his influence and guidance.

okay, that's dope, that sounds like Snoop
My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #98 on: February 11, 2013, 09:14:23 AM »

But, i guess reality is starting to set it for me.  It just sucks though....been here going on 9 years...what started my interest here was this album along with Oh My God, Xzibit's stuff, Em's untouchable year of 2002, 50, Snoop.......but all those came and went....detox has remained the constant for me. Shit, i just dont know what to think.  Betrayal is shaping up to be the word i'm feeling....along with feeling like a dumbass for patiently waiting for this album.

wahahaha

i feel so alone now that detox hasnt came out for the fifty sixth time

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #99 on: February 12, 2013, 07:22:18 PM »
free anony mouse