Author Topic: New interview with The D.O.C (Splits with Dr. Dre/Talks About Detox)  (Read 5916 times)

sofdark

Re: New interview with The D.O.C (Splits with Dr. Dre/Talks About Detox)
« Reply #30 on: January 27, 2011, 10:58:27 PM »
hope he gets the surgery and put out some classic with his recovered voice. Damn shame we won't see any Dre productions on Docs new albums though (if they ever coming out).

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
« Reply #31 on: January 27, 2011, 11:08:52 PM »
Wait 'til you guys here the rest of the info that's forthcoming...we hooked up a doozy for DX

No offense Chad, but I always wondered why u would hook up a interview for HHDX if you are working for dubcnn.

Because I don't "work" for dubcnn...

Oh ok, my bad. Thanks for clearing that up

Prof@ssor

« Reply #32 on: January 27, 2011, 11:13:50 PM »
doc needs to stfu and stop complaining cause he fucked over six-2 with that deuce album

wat would u know about that shyt mate lmao, shouldnt u be drinking sum tea & stay outta real g shyt  ;)  

Drinking tea is actually really ''G''. I'm drinking some green tea right now, I feel like a Chinese martial arts master who could crush your whole crew man, bring it on!
« Last Edit: January 27, 2011, 11:35:52 PM by Prof@ssor »

TRG

« Reply #33 on: January 27, 2011, 11:44:58 PM »
SMH.

sounds like theres too many yes men. as someone said, it really says a lot if D.O.C. is distancing himself, he's been down with Dre since forever. Lost a lil confidence in Dre.

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #34 on: January 28, 2011, 12:37:25 AM »
The D.O.C. has left Dre and come back before if I'm not wrong, but yeah it is quite disheartening to read that. Can someone tell me what projects D.O.C. has had his hand in at Aftermath? or what songs he wrote for Dre on 2001? I know he's always been behind the scenes and in the early days was a big factor with ghost writing etc, just was interested in how much involvement he had in the Aftermath era

Gamestarr

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • P
« Reply #35 on: January 28, 2011, 02:50:42 AM »
Damn they did him dirty..

Whole industry is fucked up.

and Im seriously starting to doubt Detox will be a dope album.  :-X

MrJas

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #36 on: January 28, 2011, 03:44:37 AM »
Man do you blame D.O.C.? Dre prefers to work with Lady Gaga and JUSTIN BEIBER

Waiting 10 years for an album, dude can't even produce his own shit anymore and gets his raps ghostwritten.

FUCK DRE old ass nigga
You expect me to download an album that isn't real?  Sorry, but I can't sign this.

EnzoUK

« Reply #37 on: January 28, 2011, 05:09:53 AM »

Waiting 10 years for an album, dude can't even produce his own shit anymore and gets his raps ghostwritten.

FUCK DRE old ass nigga

I cant argue with anything in this statement...Dr.Dre has the industry at his feet and the best he can come out with is the likes of "I Need A Doctor"...over the likes of "Shit Popped Off". Although i remember reading in a previous interview that D.O.C wasn't going to go ahead with the surgery..

On another note, that album concept with all them young rappers and a 9 year old kid sounds like a terrible idea lol. I just want a new D.O.C Album! It was 1989 since he rapped with his old voice.. I'm gonna guess his sound will be different if he went ahead with the surgery, and I also recall the surgery would only restore his vocals by around 70%. Despite any of this, i always thought the D.O.C sounded great raspy and should of recorded more with it, Helter Skeltar has a great horrorcore sound.

"Voices Through Hot Vessels" Album with a restored D.O.C voice with some great production, and features from the likes of MC Ren? YES PLEASE!
Twitter: @EnzoUK

MrJas

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #38 on: January 28, 2011, 05:19:36 AM »

FUCK DRE old ass nigga

I cant argue with anything in this statement...Dr.Dre has the industry at his feet and the best he can come out with is the likes of "I Need A Doctor"...over the likes of "Shit Popped Off". Although i remember reading in a previous interview that D.O.C wasn't going to go ahead with the surgery..

On another note, that album concept with all them young rappers and a 9 year old kid sounds like a terrible idea lol. I just want a new D.O.C Album! It was 1989 since he rapped with his old voice.. I'm gonna guess his sound will be different if he went ahead with the surgery, and I also recall the surgery would only restore his vocals by around 70%. Despite any of this, i always thought the D.O.C sounded great raspy and should of recorded more with it, Helter Skeltar has a great horrorcore sound.

"Voices Through Hot Vessels" Album with a restored D.O.C voice with some great production, and features from the likes of MC Ren? YES PLEASE!

+1 bro

I'm not being a "west-coast old die hard fan" or whatever, but if you're the so called pioneer of rap, but you ain't producing your shit, or rapping on your shit - then what the fuck are you?

I'm sure Dre's noticed that most of his older fan base is pretty pissed, but he doesn't give a fuck - dude obviously hasn't made enough off his headphones so he's licking jimmy's asshole (no homo)

Unless Dre axes this shit he's putting out and puts something HE FEELS LIKE doing, then fuck him - it ain't personal but don't go bragging "ONE MORE CD THEN I'M PACKING UP MY BAGS, DRE DON'T LEAVE US LIKE THAT MAN"

fuck outta here.
You expect me to download an album that isn't real?  Sorry, but I can't sign this.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #39 on: January 28, 2011, 05:27:38 AM »
i said it before, Dre's advice is not good for The D.O.C.'s career. now a 3rd D.O.C. solo album could see the light of the day :)
related topic: http://www.dubcnn.com/connect/index.php?topic=210254.0
If even DOC ain't fucking with the creative direction of it, someone who been around Dre for 20 years, that tells us a lot.

Exactly. I don't know about all y'all, but i think this is real bad news.

Cosign both these comments. I take nothing good from this interview as far as Dre is concerned.
but this is just a confirmation of what we already predicted.
i didn't think The D.O.C. really had a big influence with Detox.

the shit about the yes men makes a lot of sense. why else would the 'perfectionist' put out songs like kush and i need a doctor, only damaging his rep in the long run. the industry shills might like it and push it, but dre's always stayed on the right side of the fine line between banging, dope sounding music and generic pop records. now he's crossed that line in such an obvious and blatant way, i don't think there's any turning back.

but detox should still have some banging party tracks! that's what i'm waiting on 8)
not to mention that others said that Dre has yes men around him

SMH.

sounds like theres too many yes men. as someone said, it really says a lot if D.O.C. is distancing himself, he's been down with Dre since forever. Lost a lil confidence in Dre.
also, take into account that sam sneed, ice cube, rbx etc. can't even get in touch with dre: dre lets his label people do the talking :P

bouli77

« Reply #40 on: January 28, 2011, 06:45:44 AM »
very interesting interview. but we only get to hear one side of the story. now you can tell that DOC is at least partially right cause Sam Sneed said similar things. The thing is The D.o.C. seems far more negative than Sneed. I smell bitterness. Can't blame him though, I would be fucking bitter too in his position. But he just didn't diss Dre overtly cause I'm sure he expects Dre to holler back at him in the future and to understand his point. Look at Daz, once he dissed Dre publicly he was never seen around him again (he wasnt even part of the up in smoke tour), and he did try to reach out to him by shouting him out in interviews and stuff but it never happened.

The D.o.C. is no doubt a rap legend, but I doubt he was true about everything in this interview. I remember Jerry Heller's autobiography. he was basically saying that doc was the most impressive rap artist he had ever met, that he could have blown the industry big time and that he even could have had restored his voice had he not missed the appointments Jerry had set up for him. But he also wrote about how the D.O.C. was a fucked up dude. Nowthat's Jerry's opinion and side of the story but I do believe that doc's not the stand up guy he wants people to believe he is...

one thing's for sure. this guy is a visionary. he was behind some of the biggest rap albums in history. so he knows what he is doing. so as everyone said, if he aint fucking with this album, it's for a reason. i totally lost faith in detox after Kush came out IMO. and i agree 100% with the d.o.c. with grown ups acting like they're still in their mid-20's.

rick1

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #41 on: January 28, 2011, 06:57:01 AM »
As with the planned/cancelled Cube/Dre album "Healter Skelter"  a couple of years back,
maybe D.O.C. takes all his stuff with him and puts out his own album (D.o.c.tox ??)
I would definately check it out 8)

weedhead

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #42 on: January 28, 2011, 07:44:49 AM »
Dre is scared!and being a big pussy...nigga starting to make me wonder if Pac,and Suge where wright about him...Karma is amuthafucka.

shu

« Reply #43 on: January 28, 2011, 07:58:18 AM »

FUCK DRE old ass nigga
that's right dre needs a doctor for a westcoast washing brain  DOC is the success his best ghostwritter  detox becomes ridiculous without DOC , bishop lamont ...
dr dre prefers work with Dipset ,JUSTIN BEIBER,Common maybe lady gaga or madonna ?

JohnnyL

« Reply #44 on: January 28, 2011, 11:06:04 AM »
 Nice job on the interview, Chad.  Very interesting read.