Author Topic: New interview with The D.O.C (Splits with Dr. Dre/Talks About Detox)  (Read 5914 times)

Muhfukka

Re: New interview with The D.O.C (Splits with Dr. Dre/Talks About Detox)
« Reply #45 on: January 28, 2011, 11:28:49 AM »
hahaha are you euros crying yet?

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #46 on: January 28, 2011, 11:36:50 AM »
But, i guess reality is starting to set it for me.  It just sucks though....been here going on 9 years...what started my interest here was this album along with Oh My God, Xzibit's stuff, Em's untouchable year of 2002, 50, Snoop.......but all those came and went....detox has remained the constant for me. Shit, i just dont know what to think.  Betrayal is shaping up to be the word i'm feeling....along with feeling like a dumbass for patiently waiting for this album.

LMAO I'm cracking up reading this. Some of you really are pathetic. Its an album, not your wife fucking another dude.

Lucifuge

« Reply #47 on: January 28, 2011, 02:53:44 PM »
DOC shit somtimes. But... i guess its fucked up,whats going on with detox.
ALESSANDRO DEL PIERO!!!

Detox 2000Never

tyranasaurus rex like fuck a bitch
i once saw a pterdactyl fuck a bitch
eat a bowl these bitch gobbling dick
hoes forgot to eat a dick a shut the fuck up
roll through crenshaw on my pterdactyl like what up!
By kevin t as Kurupt :D

Get It Off Ya Chest

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #48 on: January 28, 2011, 04:38:43 PM »
I have huge respect for D.O.C. (also even more respect after him saying he's in it for the art, not the money and what not). obviously there's always more than one side to a story, but like someone said earlier, seems like there's a lot of truth in this. anyway, the way i see it is it's a damn shame the way he's been treated over the years.

on the Jay-Z thing, would be so cool if Jay helped D.O.C. become a star (again), where'd he'd get the props he deserves 8)

Detox Is A Myth!!!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Detox is the biggest marketing deception on Earth
« Reply #49 on: January 28, 2011, 04:45:18 PM »
Sorry, but I'm not surprised.  This is what happens when an artist is in decline.  They start to lose their abilities, so they panic and fire the people around them that have the guts to tell the truth and tell them that the music they're making sucks.  It's a product of insecurity.  Dre is growing paranoid as he loses his artistic mettle.  Typically, the way to counteract this is to surround yourself with people who only tell you that your music is still awesome.  It makes you feel better about yourself, but it only leads you further down the rabbit hole.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2011, 05:11:04 PM by Detox Is A Myth!!! »
"Detox" is a myth -- Bigfoot, Loch Ness Monster, Area 51, Iraq having WMD, Detox...you get it now?  It was invented by the Aftermath marketing department to maintain the fans' attention.  Notice how everytime a new Aftermath album is ready to come out, they always mention Detox is next up?  Because they are using the invention of "Detox" as a way to market other albums.  The sooner you realize that Detox is NOT REAL, the sooner you'll feel liberated.  Oh yeah, f.u. Aftermath for fooling us fans.

UCC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #50 on: January 28, 2011, 06:19:37 PM »
The sad thing is, it'll be pretty easy for him to make something reasonably incredible, using his old formula -

Find some dope samples to loop up, or get some co-producers to bring them to you, sometimes mix a couple of samples from different tracks
Get your session musicians to replay them
Get DOC, Eminem, Snoop, or any number of the best lyricists ever to write dope-ass verses and find a cool hook
Make a whole bunch and pick the best 12, or however many
Then mix that shit up to perfection in the way only Dre can mix stuff

Boom, done - his formula for one of the best rap producers ever was pretty straightforward, thats how the majority of his best tracks were made...
Sure, it wouldn't probably be some next level shit, like never-before-heard stuff, but it would be very dope hip-hop like he always did

Now he doesn't seem to be making hip-hop, but he's not really sure what he's making, just kinda club/pop stuff, and his non-sampling stuff is the same piano keys over and over, with no life in the drums either

thegooddoc

« Reply #51 on: January 28, 2011, 07:33:29 PM »
Sorry, but I'm not surprised.  This is what happens when an artist is in decline.  They start to lose their abilities, so they panic and fire the people around them that have the guts to tell the truth and tell them that the music they're making sucks.  It's a product of insecurity.  Dre is growing paranoid as he loses his artistic mettle.  Typically, the way to counteract this is to surround yourself with people who only tell you that your music is still awesome.  It makes you feel better about yourself, but it only leads you further down the rabbit hole.

I think it is exactly the opposite.  Music moves on, this is not the 80's and 90's and music continues to evolve.  It takes more courage for an artist to realize that the same old stuff isn't selling and adjust.

BTW what was the last decent track that D.O.C. had a hand in?  Sounds like someone caught feelings.

Invincible

« Reply #52 on: January 28, 2011, 07:48:24 PM »
Man do you blame D.O.C.? Dre prefers to work with Lady Gaga and JUSTIN BEIBER

Waiting 10 years for an album, dude can't even produce his own shit anymore and gets his raps ghostwritten.

FUCK DRE old ass nigga
that's right dre needs a doctor for a westcoast washing brain  DOC is the success his best ghostwritter  detox becomes ridiculous without DOC , bishop lamont ...
dr dre prefers work with Dipset ,JUSTIN BEIBER,Common maybe lady gaga or madonna ?

Nothing wrong with a Common track. Common over one of Dre's typical piano beats would go pretty well.

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #53 on: January 28, 2011, 07:59:36 PM »

I think it is exactly the opposite.  Music moves on, this is not the 80's and 90's and music continues to evolve.  It takes more courage for an artist to realize that the same old stuff isn't selling and adjust.

BTW what was the last decent track that D.O.C. had a hand in?  Sounds like someone caught feelings.

That's what I wanted to know as well, like really how much influence did D.O.C. have on 50 blowing up, and what did he actually ghostwrite on 2001?

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #54 on: January 28, 2011, 08:02:16 PM »
Man do you blame D.O.C.? Dre prefers to work with Lady Gaga and JUSTIN BEIBER

Waiting 10 years for an album, dude can't even produce his own shit anymore and gets his raps ghostwritten.

FUCK DRE old ass nigga
that's right dre needs a doctor for a westcoast washing brain  DOC is the success his best ghostwritter  detox becomes ridiculous without DOC , bishop lamont ...
dr dre prefers work with Dipset ,JUSTIN BEIBER,Common maybe lady gaga or madonna ?

Nothing wrong with a Common track. Common over one of Dre's typical piano beats would go pretty well.

For real, Bustas "Decisions" was basically a Dre beat and Common sounded dope over that

DTG Entertainment

« Reply #55 on: January 28, 2011, 08:08:21 PM »
19.  Housewife (featuring Kurupt & Hittman)
Written By The D.O.C., Kurupt & Hittman
Bass:  Mike Elizondo
Guitar:  Sean Cruse
Keyboards:  Camara Kambon

5.  Big Egos (featuring Hittman)
Written By The D.O.C. & Hittman
Keyboards:  Scott Storch

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #56 on: January 28, 2011, 08:28:03 PM »

Props all my cds are in storage so couldn't check the booklet.

DTG Entertainment

« Reply #57 on: January 28, 2011, 08:36:50 PM »

Props all my cds are in storage so couldn't check the booklet.

Also, he wasn't around during 50 Cent's reign. The whole Deuce situation, you know. Lol.

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #58 on: January 28, 2011, 08:59:50 PM »
I'm a just say Dr.Dre is going to do what he wants even if that includes him being incredibly insecure as proven by Eminem on I Need A Doctor and D.O.C's interview.

Shit happens.  Reality check for everyone involved.

I'm sure Detox will be dope or at least have amazing tracks even if the adult perspective isn't there
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

thegooddoc

« Reply #59 on: January 28, 2011, 09:15:05 PM »
I'm a just say Dr.Dre is going to do what he wants even if that includes him being incredibly insecure as proven by Eminem on I Need A Doctor and D.O.C's interview.

Shit happens.  Reality check for everyone involved.

I'm sure Detox will be dope or at least have amazing tracks even if the adult perspective isn't there

I think it is wait and see.  I'm hoping that I need a Doctor becomes a #1 hit, so Dre will put out the album.  From all of the reports Dre's problem hasn't been recording songs, it has been coming up with the single. If INAD catches on hopefully he can release the album without putting any more pop-ish songs on the album.