Author Topic: Egyptian Revolution is heating up! Tunisia part 2?  (Read 586 times)

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
Egyptian Revolution is heating up! Tunisia part 2?
« on: January 28, 2011, 03:17:56 PM »
Mubarak is now under intense pressure.  They tried to institute a curfew and zero tolerance against any protesters, and it only emboldened the protesters more, as today hundreds of thousands are protesting and setting fire to government offices!   Mubarak immediately called a press confrence and said he is dismantling the cabinet, but that he's staying in power.  So expect the protests to continue.

For those that didn't follow what happened in Tunisia the last couple months; basically a man with a college degree couldn't find a job because of the high unemployment in the country, so he started selling fruit on the streets as a street vendor.  He was arrested for allegedly not having sufficient permits to sell fruit and his fruit and what little money he had was confiscated.  The man got so pissed off that he poured gasoline on himself and set himself on fire.  After he died in the hospital the country went into an uproar over the governments heavy hand in the country, and it's censoring of the internet, facebook, twitter, etc... the protests became so strong that the president had to exile to Saudi Arabia and agree to remove himself from politics.

...now similar movements are taking place in Jordan, Algeria and especially Egypt. 

« Last Edit: January 28, 2011, 03:29:54 PM by Infinite- African West Coastin' 2010 »
My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Fraxxx

Re: Egyptian Revolution is heating up! Tunisia part 2?
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2011, 03:23:40 PM »
It's all about if the military still got his back. Plus there's no way the western countries wanna see him go cause they're scared of the Muslim Brotherhood winning a real democratic election.
i don´t need any medicate shit im 100 normal.

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2011, 03:33:19 PM »
It's all about if the military still got his back. Plus there's no way the western countries wanna see him go cause they're scared of the Muslim Brotherhood winning a real democratic election.

Dude.. the Military rode through Cairo and they were supposed to stop the protests, but instead the protesters were jumpin up on top of the tanks and people were cheering and the military didn't stop them!  This was after Egypts government had just set a no tolerance stance against protesters!
My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2011, 03:34:38 PM »
this will happen in America when Obama gets re-elected after making more stupid promises that he can't keep
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Fraxxx

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2011, 03:44:53 PM »

Dude.. the Military rode through Cairo and they were supposed to stop the protests, but instead the protesters were jumpin up on top of the tanks and people were cheering and the military didn't stop them!  This was after Egypts government had just set a no tolerance stance against protesters!

Exactly. If the military isn't backing him up anymore what's Mubarak gonna do?
i don´t need any medicate shit im 100 normal.

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2011, 04:09:37 PM »

Exactly. If the military isn't backing him up anymore what's Mubarak gonna do?

Yeah, I think it may be all over for him.  Also, I think the police are to play a role in this.  They are supposedly poor and not well paid, but yet they are remarkably loyal to Mubarak in spite of that, so they would have to change as well.

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2011, 10:23:20 AM »
I think this is great.  The Egyptians have had their internet and nearly all communications cut off...I'm sure this is because the regime is gonna start using lethal force and don't want it televised.  There are reports of some of the police taking off their uniforms and joining the people. 

The west, the US in particular has been well aware and condoned the atrocities committed by Mubarak.  They supported him, and supported his son as his replacement.  This has been reported through wikileaks cables.

Power to the people.

virtuoso

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2011, 10:34:22 AM »

I think this has all been staged managed, but then again, I am very cynical, maybe I am wrong. I think this has been in the offing for a while, nothing on this scale happens spontaneously. My take on this is that simply put the puppet who has been appointed as leader of Egypt for the last 30 years, was notified that there would be a change in leadership. I think the decision was made for 2 reasons really, firstly he is 82 years old and so I am sure he is physically and mentally waning somewhat and becomes harder for him to maintain respect. More importantly though, the political elite recognised the very real anger and unrest boiling under the surface and therefore allowed this to happen. However they won't allow it to happen with a peaceful handover, this is now about expending the energy, the anger the emotion of the people and therefore when they finally do "bow to pressure" the people feel like they have won and the honey moon period of any new political leader begins.

I also noticed how the British government and for that matter the American government is said it is reviewing aid. There is of course no doubt that he ruled with an iron fist, but he has been allowed to rule with an iron fist. but this is too organised, this is just playing out like yet another game. The thing is, it doesn't matter what replaces the current leader because it's all about perceptions and after all, they don't want to have fought this battle for nothing.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2011, 10:46:04 AM by virtuoso »

Elano

« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2011, 01:26:19 AM »
great news, they are killing each other  ;D

Anunikke

« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2011, 11:46:59 AM »
The military seems to just be overlooking the situations, trying to stop the looting but that seems to be it.

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2011, 11:57:46 AM »

I think this has all been staged managed, but then again, I am very cynical, maybe I am wrong. I think this has been in the offing for a while, nothing on this scale happens spontaneously. My take on this is that simply put the puppet who has been appointed as leader of Egypt for the last 30 years, was notified that there would be a change in leadership. I think the decision was made for 2 reasons really, firstly he is 82 years old and so I am sure he is physically and mentally waning somewhat and becomes harder for him to maintain respect. More importantly though, the political elite recognised the very real anger and unrest boiling under the surface and therefore allowed this to happen. However they won't allow it to happen with a peaceful handover, this is now about expending the energy, the anger the emotion of the people and therefore when they finally do "bow to pressure" the people feel like they have won and the honey moon period of any new political leader begins.

I also noticed how the British government and for that matter the American government is said it is reviewing aid. There is of course no doubt that he ruled with an iron fist, but he has been allowed to rule with an iron fist. but this is too organised, this is just playing out like yet another game. The thing is, it doesn't matter what replaces the current leader because it's all about perceptions and after all, they don't want to have fought this battle for nothing.

The US / UK / Israel are trying to leak stories saying that the CIA instigated the uprising.  I think it's total bullshit so that it looks like they are completely in control.  The bottom line is that Mubarak has been a dictator for 30 years that has been supported by the US / Israel / West as he is a zionist. 

Now you are seeing Obama, Merkel, Sarkozy, etc. all telling Mubarek that he should give it up and step down, they condemn the shutting down of communications, condemn violence against the people, blah blah blah.  It's all bullshit, but its their way of appearing to be humanists in support of Egypts plight, when in reality they are the main reason for it. 

Eventhough they have been financing Mubarek's regime, if they see an uprising against him, they will shit on him instantly and back a new leader, or should I say, puppet.

It is crucial for the Egyptian people to get a real representitive and not another western govt installed puppet.

The ramifications of this uprising are pretty monumental.  There are many other pockets in the ME that are seeing protests.  I believe this is a good thing.  Peace

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2011, 12:00:40 PM »
And also, everyone knew Mubarak's son was in line to replace him, which is def what the PTB wanted.  30 years of work to get Egypt to be a puppet is not something that the PTB want erased in one fell swoop.  That's a huge reason why I don't believe this was instigated by the west.

virtuoso

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2011, 12:19:28 PM »

Here is the thing Jrome, the opposition leading light is himself a puppet of epic proportions, belonging to the same groups as Brzezinski and George Soros. I think you misunderstood what I meant, they pre emptively allowed this to happen so that the egyptian people feel like this a real revolution. I didn't suggest that the violence, the anger, the rage, the deaths etc are staged.

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2011, 12:27:27 PM »
Trust me, I'm aware that there are puppets just waiting to take advantage and be installed.  And the PTB are absolutely going to try and install the next puppet.  That's why I said it's crucial for the Egyptians to understand where they tyranny is coming from...and I think they do.  Many of them are well aware of the Western influence.

virtuoso

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2011, 12:34:40 PM »

Just to back up what I said by the way,

Crisis Group's Board of Trustees

Lord (Christopher) Patten 
Co-Chair, Crisis Group
Former European Commissioner for External Relations, Governor of Hong Kong and UK Cabinet Minister
Chancellor of Oxford University

Thomas R Pickering 
Co-Chair, Crisis Group
Former U.S. Ambassador to the UN, Russia, India, Israel, Jordan, El Salvador and Nigeria
Vice Chairman of Hills & Company

Louise Arbour 
President & CEO
Former UN High Commissioner for Human Rights and Chief Prosecutor for the International Criminal Tribunals for the former Yugoslavia and Rwanda
Executive Committee

Morton Abramowitz
Former U.S. Assistant Secretary of State and Ambassador to Turkey

Cheryl Carolus
Former South African High Commissioner to the UK and Secretary General of the ANC 

Maria Livanos Cattaui 
Member of the Board, Petroplus Holdings, Switzerland

Yoichi Funabashi
Editor-in-Chief, The Asahi Shimbun, Japan 

Frank Giustra
President & CEO, Fiore Capital

Ghassan Salamé
Dean, Paris School of International Affairs, Sciences Po

George Soros
Chairman, Open Society Institute 

Pär Stenbäck
Former Foreign Minister of Finland

Adnan Abu-Odeh
Former Political Adviser to King Abdullah II and to King Hussein, and Jordan Permanent Representative to the UN

Kenneth Adelman
Former U.S. Ambassador and Director of the Arms Control and Disarmament Agency 

Kofi Annan
Former Secretary-General of the United Nations; Nobel Peace Prize (2001)

Nahum Barnea
Chief Columnist for Yedioth Ahronoth, Israel

Samuel Berger
Chair, Albright Stonebridge Group LLC; Former U.S. National Security Advisor

Emma Bonino
Vice President of the Senate; Former Minister of International Trade and European Affairs of Italy and European Commissioner for Humanitarian Aid

Wesley Clark
Former NATO Supreme Allied Commander, Europe

Sheila Coronel
Toni Stabile, Professor of Practice in Investigative Journalism; Director, Toni Stabile Center for Investigative Journalism, Columbia University, U.S.

Jan Egeland
Director, Norwegian Institute of International Affairs; Former UN Under-Secretary General for Humanitarian Affairs and Emergency Relief Coordinator

Mohamed ElBaradei
Director-General Emeritus, International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA); Nobel Peace Prize (2005)

Uffe Ellemann-Jensen
Former Foreign Minister of Denmark

Gareth Evans
President Emeritus of Crisis Group; Former Foreign Affairs Minister of Australia 

Mark Eyskens
Former Prime Minister of Belgium 

Joschka Fischer
Former Foreign Minister of Germany

Jean-Marie Guéhenno
Arnold Saltzman Professor of War and Peace Studies, Columbia University; Former UN Under-Secretary-General for Peacekeeping Operations

Carla Hills
Former U.S. Secretary of Housing and U.S. Trade Representative

Lena Hjelm-Wallén
Former Deputy Prime Minister and Foreign Affairs Minister of Sweden

Swanee Hunt
Former U.S. Ambassador to Austria; Chair, Institute for Inclusive Security and President, Hunt Alternatives Fund 

Mo Ibrahim
Founder and Chair, Mo Ibrahim Foundation; Founder, Celtel International

Igor Ivanov
Former Foreign Affairs Minister of the Russian Federation 

Asma Jahangir
UN Special Rapporteur on the Freedom of Religion or Belief; Chairperson, Human Rights Commission of Pakistan 

Wim Kok
Former Prime Minister of the Netherlands 

Ricardo Lagos
Former President of Chile 

Joanne Leedom-Ackerman
Former International Secretary of International PEN; Novelist and journalist, U.S. 

Lord (Mark) Malloch-Brown
Former Administrator of the United Nations Development Program (UNDP) and UN Deputy Secretary-General 

Lalit Mansingh
Former Foreign Secretary of India, Ambassador to the U.S. and High Commissioner to the UK 

Jessica Tuchman Mathews
President, Carnegie Endowment for International Peace, U.S.

Benjamin Mkapa
Former President of Tanzania 

Moisés Naím
Senior Associate, International Economics Program, Carnegie Endowment for International Peace; Former Editor in Chief, Foreign Policy 

Ayo Obe
Legal Practitioner, Lagos, Nigeria

Güler Sabancı
Chairperson, Sabancı Holding, Turkey

Javier Solana
Former EU High Representative for the Common Foreign and Security Policy, NATO Secretary-General and Foreign Affairs Minister of Spain
Chairmen Emeritus

Martti Ahtisaari
Former President of Finland

George J. Mitchell
Former U.S. Senate Majority Leader