Author Topic: RARE: Big L and his killer in the same pic!  (Read 1230 times)

Anunikke

Re: RARE: Big L and his killer in the same pic!
« Reply #30 on: February 03, 2011, 09:55:52 AM »
So if somebody put it ahead of Illmatic or Ready to Die you would call them mad?
Maybe it's just a New York Classic like Dogg Food to the west coast.

UKnowWhatItIs: welcome to my traps....game over

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #31 on: February 03, 2011, 10:18:02 AM »
Wait, this album is considered a classic?? lol!

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #32 on: February 03, 2011, 11:06:39 AM »
So if somebody put it ahead of Illmatic or Ready to Die you would call them mad?

Except there's no such thing as a New York classic. I'd just call it one of the many great albums to come out of that region....along with a hundred other albums lol.

I wouldn't even call it the Dogg Food of New York. Because Dogg Food to west coast hip hop is way more influential and important than Lifestylez was to New York.

Anunikke

« Reply #33 on: February 03, 2011, 11:46:33 AM »

Except there's no such thing as a New York classic. I'd just call it one of the many great albums to come out of that region....along with a hundred other albums lol.

I wouldn't even call it the Dogg Food of New York. Because Dogg Food to west coast hip hop is way more influential and important than Lifestylez was to New York.
I think Lifestylez will come up more when discussing the greatest Ny albums then Dogg food will when discussing the greatest WC albums.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #34 on: February 03, 2011, 12:08:47 PM »

I think Lifestylez will come up more when discussing the greatest Ny albums then Dogg food will when discussing the greatest WC albums.

Ask this board and it will be like the 3rd album mentioned

Anunikke

« Reply #35 on: February 03, 2011, 12:13:47 PM »

keyword, this board.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #36 on: February 03, 2011, 04:12:12 PM »

keyword, this board.

G Funk is what the west was known for mainstream wise. You and I could list many albums from west coast rappers we think are better than Dogg Food, but does the general populace feel that way?

New York on the other hand has had the luck of having many pure spitters being able to break through to the mainstream.

Anunikke

« Reply #37 on: February 04, 2011, 08:22:01 AM »

keyword, this board.

G Funk is what the west was known for mainstream wise. You and I could list many albums from west coast rappers we think are better than Dogg Food, but does the general populace feel that way?

New York on the other hand has had the luck of having many pure spitters being able to break through to the mainstream.
We Could argue or we could...

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #38 on: February 04, 2011, 09:15:13 AM »
It was such an amazing album though lol.