Author Topic: Happy Birthday dubcc  (Read 1073 times)

Blood$

Re: Happy Birthday dubcc
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2011, 08:57:48 AM »
I've only been here for 3.5 years lol

happy birthday to the Dub

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2011, 10:26:12 AM »
Happy Birthday dubcc!

^^Umm yeah what she said  :o

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2011, 11:04:27 AM »
Peace to the original igangstas!!  ;D
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

K-MACC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2011, 12:16:44 PM »
props to all posters except for elano, kmacc and ferhat
i dont need your props dickface

DTG Entertainment

« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2011, 01:36:36 PM »
Been here since 04/05 with different accounts. Hope it's around for another decade, at least.

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #20 on: January 31, 2011, 08:54:09 PM »
Great thread and Post from MDogg.

Mdogg, you said you were the longest remaining active member, but I think if Overseer had not accidently deleted my account I would be right there with you.  Maybe there is proof somewhere under my old infinite59 account that got deleted.

Anyway, want to give some birthday shoutouts to the websites that were the forerunners to DUBCC...

1.  Dreday.com-  Like Mdogg mentioned, this site was the shit back in the day.  The forum had truly dedicated and knowledgeable West Coast fans who never stopped supporting and following Dre's career even during the 97-98 years when Dre was very reclusive, only releasing a few of his tracks here and there with the Firm album, and the Bullworth soundtrack.  People at Dreday.com also supported Eminem from the moment he was signed to Aftermath Records, knowing that Dre wouldn't sign an artist unless he was hugely talented.   The bandwagon fans didn't really come around to Eminem until the "Forgot About Dre" video blew up, but over at Dreday.com they were fans well before that.  Dreday.com also had some of the most exclusive audio cuts that came out well before the albums, sometimes 6 months to a year before they were released, tracks like "Forgot About Dre", "What's The Difference" (Hittman version), "Kim", "Our House" (unreleased Eminem), "The Throne Is Mine" (2001 Leftover), and more.

2.  WCKillaz.com-   Trauma was a totally different person back in those days.  He used to spend his whole day arguing in support of artists like Snoop, and anytime somebody would enter the forum and say something against Snoop or Dre, Trauma would damn near write a book in defense of the top West Coast artists.  

3.  Snoopsdogghouse.com-  This is honestly the first website I ever went to when I started using a computer in my home around 1998.  They were big Snoop fanatics, even at a time of great disappointment, with Snoop heading down south to work with No Limit Records.  None of us were in support of the move, but we still stuck with Snoop even during those down years.  They had a lot of exclusive audio on the website, I remember tracks like "Tha Next Episode" and Warren G's "Dope Beat" were released well in advance of the 2001 and Want It All albums.  They were the best on news, with updates every two weeks or so, and strong opinions from the websites moderators.   On my first visit to the website in fall 98 Kurupt's "Kuruption" and Bad Azz "Word On The Streetz" albums so the talk on the forum was about those projects.  The "Puttin It Down" video was airing on BET, the website, although they were huge fans and supporters of Snoop were dissing Snoop writing sarcastically that Snoop... "Snoop, in all his creativity rhymes "Down" three times in the chorus"!...

"These Doggpound Niggaz be puttin in down.
Doggpound gangstaz make the world go round
So get your ass up before you get on down
Snoop Dogg and Badazz be puttin it down"

LOL

4.  Bodyrott Forum  (Eminem)-   I know this forum was never directly related to the formation of the DUBCC, but I think several of the OG's from this board used to post on the message board there.  The ironic thing was that it was a lot of hate for Eminem on that forum, even though the forum was named after him.  Like I said above, for the bandwagon fans it was never acceptable to be a big Eminem fan until way late after "Forgot About Dre" had blown up commercially.  People were closet fans before then, buying and listening to his work, but not supporting it in public.

5.  Official Dre2001 album website-   Not bad at first, but like MDogg said, after the album blew up, too many bandwagon fans came and watered down the forum.

6.  www.hip-hopsite.com/www.eminem.com-  This site was the #1 source for Eminem news and audio leaks, often straight from his manager Paul Rosenberg.  They were linked with the very respected undergound hip-hop website hip-hopsite.com.   This really helped established Eminem's credibility with the underground but after the MMLP blew up Eminem's website took a new form and never was as good as it was in the early days.  Sometimes less is more.

Shout outs to OG's I remember from the DUBCC that helped build this forum into the best hip-hop forum on the web-

Overseer
BPlease
MDogg
Rud
Sccit
Roccy
Techniec
Rodzilla
DirtyDogg
Blade
Sikotic
Jamal
DreSnoop
BigBadAss
Bigg A.G.
Nima
MaxiCSN
TimeLock
Daygostyle
NazT
AlerG
Primo
Incognito-  (Damn whatever happened to that guy, his beef with Trauma was legendary, remember when Trauma hacked his Incognito's album review website and ruined it after Incognito put all that work into it?)
Trauma
Tom187um
Hatesratz
Lil Jay
Tanjit
Mouse
BigJake

...so many people I'm forgetting

« Last Edit: February 05, 2011, 11:13:40 AM by Infinite- African West Coastin' 2010 »
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Suga Foot

« Reply #21 on: January 31, 2011, 08:54:20 PM »
Registered June 10, 2001, 03:00:00 PM

Came over from the Dre boards.  Now that Detox is on the horizon, it's like coming full circle lol. 

O.G A.Geesta'z

« Reply #22 on: February 01, 2011, 05:55:19 PM »
damn so ive been here for like 9 1/2 years...

ive been posting here since i was like 12 now im freakin 21 what a way to waste some of my life haha
The West is Back

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

« Reply #23 on: February 01, 2011, 06:37:47 PM »
damn so ive been here for like 9 1/2 years...

ive been posting here since i was like 12 now im freakin 21 what a way to waste some of my life haha

Damn I aint even realize you been here THAT long. I'm pretty sure I registered in 2001.
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #24 on: February 01, 2011, 08:46:22 PM »
We should do a "Where Are They Now" for...

Trauma
Incognito
Primo
NazT
Blade
Rodzilla

and so on

O.G A.Geesta'z

« Reply #25 on: February 01, 2011, 10:26:03 PM »
I was low key and posted under DPG4lyfe till i was about 13 or 14 i think then thats when i was know as Bigg A.G.... anyone remember when i use to say Im Out!!! after every post hahaha
The West is Back

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #26 on: February 01, 2011, 10:43:18 PM »
I was low key and posted under DPG4lyfe till i was about 13 or 14 i think then thats when i was know as Bigg A.G.... anyone remember when i use to say Im Out!!! after every post hahaha

I definitely remember you posting under Bigg A.G....  you were living in Texas right?

O.G A.Geesta'z

« Reply #27 on: February 02, 2011, 09:26:49 AM »
Yeah and i still do
The West is Back

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #28 on: February 02, 2011, 02:22:51 PM »
What happened 2 BOX5 yell face ass?  Did he catch a case.

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #29 on: February 03, 2011, 08:32:41 PM »
box be at dba...