Author Topic: Dr. DRE Featuring Eminem & Skylar Grey - I Need A Doctor (Promo CDS)  (Read 10090 times)

Triple OG Rapsodie

Re: Dr. DRE Featuring Eminem & Skylar Grey - I Need A Doctor (Promo CDS)
« Reply #105 on: February 01, 2011, 04:59:09 PM »
Proud of Dre? The faggot sold out to get up on the charts. Dude can't produce shit anymore, the old Dre would have put out a "how we do" or "in the club" without selling out and still get number one today. But dude lost

Well according to 99% on this board "2001" was a mainstream album, making Dre a mainstream artist.

Why you thought that Dre was going to "stick to his roots" opposed to being a mainstream artist is BEYOND me. You think he fucked with Shady because he wanted to "give him a chance"? He saw potential in millions upon millions of dollars. Dre's always been about the bread.

Luckily for me, I fuck with mainstream music. ;D 8)

I would love for somebody to explain their "ideal Detox" to me. Then after you copy & paste the tracklisting to "2001", I'll just sit back & chuckle. Mwuahaha. ;D

Dre does stick with his roots, he just recycles and reuses pieces of his old sound and combines them with new drums, etc. to make a "new sound."  Also, I don't think he's always been about the bread, like he still looks for guys that have the capability to rap well (like Slim, 50 before he sold out, Snoop, now Kendrick Lamar.)  He's somewhat sold out, but at the same time, he's still the same Dre.

I don't quite hear the similarities between Straight Outta Compton, The Chronic, and 2001.

Lunatic

« Reply #106 on: February 01, 2011, 05:02:56 PM »
The problem with this is it conforms. Dre never showed signs of conforming before. HE decided whats hot and the industry (at least the west) basically follows. Instead of doing that right now, he's conforming. Alex Da Kid? Really?

Airplanes (B.o.B)
Airplanes Part 2 (B.O.B)
Love The Way You Lie (Eminem)
Castle Walls (T.I.)
Coming Home (Diddy)
I Need A Doctor (Dr. Dre)

What's the difference? There all Alex Da Kid productions, with "good mainstream" beats and catchy female hooks. That's 100% conforming. That's the problem with this track.
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

J.E.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #107 on: February 01, 2011, 05:42:09 PM »
The problem with this is it conforms. Dre never showed signs of conforming before. HE decided whats hot and the industry (at least the west) basically follows. Instead of doing that right now, he's conforming. Alex Da Kid? Really?

Airplanes (B.o.B)
Airplanes Part 2 (B.O.B)
Castle Walls (T.I.)
Coming Home (Diddy)

What's the difference? There all Alex Da Kid productions, with "good mainstream" beats and catchy female hooks. That's 100% conforming. That's the problem with this track.

Agreed.

thegooddoc

« Reply #108 on: February 01, 2011, 05:51:04 PM »

Airplanes (B.o.B)
Airplanes Part 2 (B.O.B)
Castle Walls (T.I.)
Coming Home (Diddy)

This track has the potential to attract people to pay attention to Dr. Dre that would have never done so before.  Now if the whole album is like this track I'll be very disappointed.

Lunatic

« Reply #109 on: February 01, 2011, 07:07:59 PM »

Airplanes (B.o.B)
Airplanes Part 2 (B.O.B)
Castle Walls (T.I.)
Coming Home (Diddy)

This track has the potential to attract people to pay attention to Dr. Dre that would have never done so before.  Now if the whole album is like this track I'll be very disappointed.
Millions of people would buy this album regardless. He could have came with a mainstream successful joint without alienating his fan base (somethin' like In Da Club beat).

Watch, this album is gonna be very mainstream

Detox Iz Not Active

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Tonite
« Reply #110 on: February 01, 2011, 07:35:06 PM »
I just heard the track...... :monkey_piss:

the fucks did I just listen too?  One of the worst beats I've heard in a minute, track is garbage god damn

peep my username
Guess who back in the motherfuckin house
With a fat dick for your motherfuckin mouth
Hoes recognize, niggaz do too
Cuz when bitches get skanless and pull a voodoo.....

teecee

« Reply #111 on: February 01, 2011, 07:35:25 PM »

Airplanes (B.o.B)
Airplanes Part 2 (B.O.B)
Castle Walls (T.I.)
Coming Home (Diddy)

Completely agree.  Since when did Dre do flavour of the month shit?  If anything, he's always created stuff that others copied.   Its kinda like with Eminem...up until recently, even though dude WAS commercial, at least he wasn't doing joints with Rihanna.

And of the above songs, I thing I Need A Doctor may be the worst...also, Lupe has a new ALex Da Kid joint as well, and it blows I Need a Doctor away

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #112 on: February 01, 2011, 07:40:23 PM »
^You act like Dre releases material every couple of years.

It's been since 1999, man lol.

Lunatic

« Reply #113 on: February 01, 2011, 07:56:11 PM »

Airplanes (B.o.B)
Airplanes Part 2 (B.O.B)
Castle Walls (T.I.)
Coming Home (Diddy)

And of the above songs, I thing I Need A Doctor may be the worst...also, Lupe has a new ALex Da Kid joint as well, and it blows I Need a Doctor away

That's the saddest thing. Let's add Lupe's new single to the list which copies this formula (but he spits real shit). "I Need A Doctor" is easily the worst on the list. He was completely outdone by Eminem, Lupe Fiasco, Eminem, and yes west coast fans, B.o.B., ESPECIALLY T.I. (the best of the bunch) and even Diddy   ;)

NoobCake

« Reply #114 on: February 01, 2011, 08:06:48 PM »

Airplanes (B.o.B)
Airplanes Part 2 (B.O.B)
Castle Walls (T.I.)
Coming Home (Diddy)

Millions of people would buy this album regardless. He could have came with a mainstream successful joint without alienating his fan base (somethin' like In Da Club beat).

Would they?  Dre is 45.  That's Interscope's biggest challenge and the reason they decided to make a song like "i need a doctor" the first or second single.  Obviously they don't think millions of people would buy this album regardless.  How do you promote a 45 year old rapper to people who buy records (teenagers)?  If he actually does end up selling millions of Detox, that would be unprecedented. 

Lunatic

« Reply #115 on: February 01, 2011, 08:12:27 PM »

Airplanes (B.o.B)
Airplanes Part 2 (B.O.B)
Castle Walls (T.I.)
Coming Home (Diddy)

Would they?  Dre is 45.  That's Interscope's biggest challenge and the reason they decided to make a song like "i need a doctor" the first or second single.  Obviously they don't think millions of people would buy this album regardless.  How do you promote a 45 year old rapper to people who buy records (teenagers)?  If he actually does end up selling millions of Detox, that would be unprecedented. 
The guy is looked at as the Quincy Jones of hip-hop. He would sell regardless. Even teenagers at least would "pretend" to like Dr. Dre because they know its the "cool" thing to do to attempt and prove they're "hip-hop heads." And therefore, buy his record.

They're panicking and it's not necessary.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #116 on: February 01, 2011, 08:13:55 PM »

Airplanes (B.o.B)
Airplanes Part 2 (B.O.B)
Castle Walls (T.I.)
Coming Home (Diddy)

If Jay-Z can do it....

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #117 on: February 01, 2011, 08:18:36 PM »

Airplanes (B.o.B)
Airplanes Part 2 (B.O.B)
Castle Walls (T.I.)
Coming Home (Diddy)

If Jay-Z can do it....

...without Eminem too.

Lunatic

« Reply #118 on: February 01, 2011, 08:20:04 PM »

Airplanes (B.o.B)
Airplanes Part 2 (B.O.B)
Castle Walls (T.I.)
Coming Home (Diddy)

If Jay-Z can do it....
Exactly

teecee

« Reply #119 on: February 01, 2011, 08:23:53 PM »
^You act like Dre releases material every couple of years.

It's been since 1999, man lol.

Dude, I'm not just talking about his solo shit, but shit he did for Em, D-12, 50, Busta Rhymes, etc etc. 

Bottom line, Dre's whole career he has set trends, not copied.  I don't mind the song, as the concept is dope, but the execution is bad.  I'm shocked Dre didn't tighten up the production, as he has so often done to other producers tracks in the past