Author Topic: Dr. DRE Featuring Eminem & Skylar Grey - I Need A Doctor (Promo CDS)  (Read 9967 times)

Gamestarr

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • P
Re: Dr. DRE Featuring Eminem & Skylar Grey - I Need A Doctor (Promo CDS)
« Reply #150 on: February 02, 2011, 10:01:30 AM »
Not happy to see it doin well on iTunes..

It should FLOP like no other single has ever done and maybe they would scrap it and re-do detox..

lol I know it would take another 37 years.. but that is what I would prefer.

BlueSwan

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #151 on: February 02, 2011, 10:48:35 AM »
I'm happy to see it do well. After all, a US #1 single will force Dre to finally finish Detox and put it out. We need this be over finally.

dameons

« Reply #152 on: February 02, 2011, 11:02:14 AM »
Cover and tracklisting available March 3rd  8) 8) 8)

AK

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #153 on: February 02, 2011, 11:24:13 AM »

--Vance--

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • You can't spell Dilate without L.A.
« Reply #154 on: February 02, 2011, 11:50:58 AM »
It has been reported that Eminem will perform “I Need A Doctor” alongside Dr. Dre at this year’s Grammy Awards.

With news that Eminem is set to open the show, new rumours have surfaced claiming that he will perform with Dr. Dre at the event as well as one of his 2010 hit singles.

“I Need A Doctor” which is out on iTunes now and already tops the download list features Eminem on the two first verses and sources say it will be great promotion for Dre’s comeback album “Detox”.$

An insider said: “Eminem will definitely be performing with Dre on the night, and fans will not be disappointed.

“He will also be performing one of his “Recovery” singles but everyone is talking about the Dre duet saying it could be one of the most memorable Grammy moments of all time if everything goes to plan.”

http://www.misformusic.com/2011/02/eminem-to-perform-i-need-a-doctor-with-dr-dre-at-grammys/

Detox will do BIG numbers.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #155 on: February 02, 2011, 12:09:22 PM »
I'm happy to see it do well. After all, a US #1 single will force Dre to finally finish Detox and put it out. We need this be over finally.
but it's sad that numbers are such a big motivator for dre

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #156 on: February 02, 2011, 12:20:08 PM »
Go, Dre, go. 8)

Larrabee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #157 on: February 02, 2011, 12:47:13 PM »
Whether or not "I Need A Doctor" is a proper choice for a second single, if its a hot record, if its a hit record and if it really is all about numbers, it's all secondary right now. In today's record business, it's hard to judge an album's direction based on its singles. One song won't make a huge difference in the long run, I think the important thing is the album finally looks like it's dropping in the near future.

The better this song does right now and the more people accept it and react to it, the quicker we get the album everyone's been waiting to hear. I was never thrilled with the idea of "I Need A Doctor" being a Detox track but chances are like "Kush", it's not reflective of the album's direction or content. At least, I hope it isn't. Keep in mind that we still haven't heard an official Dr. Dre production from the album, we just have 2 non-Dre produced joints to go off of right now. It's more of a political issue than anything else at this point, if the label gets the reaction they're looking for, it's only a matter of time.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2011, 12:49:01 PM by Larrabee »

Jungleboy

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • From P-Funk to G-Funk
« Reply #158 on: February 02, 2011, 12:54:42 PM »
like suge say: This guy want to be white  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

what the fuck is this???? ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D Is this the same guy who created g-funk?? damn.

Fuck Dre. Listen to Quik!

Quote from: Soopafly DPGC about his hands
I don't live for the man, but I do study him so I can hope my pimp hands one day become as strong as his. When i first started listening to him, my hands were only strong enough to crush a beetle.  Now that i've studied him for 15 years, my hands are strong enough to crush a dog.

Gamestarr

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • P
« Reply #159 on: February 02, 2011, 12:58:46 PM »
Great news with the Grammy's shit! Lookin forward to that performance even though its with a terrible song

http://www.hotnewhiphop.com/en/play/s/6b3ef58-180095/

Yet another Alex Da Kid/Female hook song..  ::) Everything he does just sounds too similar.. and too effect raped.

That one with a dope message though ^ wish Lupe would have spit it on another beat as its ALL OVER THE PLACE again..  :-X

lbc213

« Reply #160 on: February 02, 2011, 01:10:36 PM »
Whether or not "I Need A Doctor" is a proper choice for a second single, if its a hot record, if its a hit record and if it really is all about numbers, it's all secondary right now. In today's record business, it's hard to judge an album's direction based on its singles. One song won't make a huge difference in the long run, I think the important thing is the album finally looks like it's dropping in the near future.

The better this song does right now and the more people accept it and react to it, the quicker we get the album everyone's been waiting to hear. I was never thrilled with the idea of "I Need A Doctor" being a Detox track but chances are like "Kush", it's not reflective of the album's direction or content. At least, I hope it isn't. Keep in mind that we still haven't heard an official Dr. Dre production from the album, we just have 2 non-Dre produced joints to go off of right now. It's more of a political issue than anything else at this point, if the label gets the reaction they're looking for, it's only a matter of time.

+1, totally agree

Detox Is A Myth!!!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Detox is the biggest marketing deception on Earth
« Reply #161 on: February 02, 2011, 02:24:05 PM »
but it's sad that numbers are such a big motivator for dre

...and that it's such a huge focus of attention by this forum and hip hop fans in general.  It demonstrates the commodification of hip hop that has pretty much destroyed it.
"Detox" is a myth -- Bigfoot, Loch Ness Monster, Area 51, Iraq having WMD, Detox...you get it now?  It was invented by the Aftermath marketing department to maintain the fans' attention.  Notice how everytime a new Aftermath album is ready to come out, they always mention Detox is next up?  Because they are using the invention of "Detox" as a way to market other albums.  The sooner you realize that Detox is NOT REAL, the sooner you'll feel liberated.  Oh yeah, f.u. Aftermath for fooling us fans.

Nima - Dubcnn.com

« Reply #162 on: February 02, 2011, 02:40:45 PM »

+1, totally agree

oh shit! the man, the myth! haha what up man.

Desert Lord

« Reply #163 on: February 02, 2011, 03:00:14 PM »
i usually don't make this type of comments but...
mabye dre should go back to smoking chronic, instead of taking steroids  ;D

Scrappy Doo

« Reply #164 on: February 02, 2011, 03:27:46 PM »
It has been reported that Eminem will perform “I Need A Doctor” alongside Dr. Dre at this year’s Grammy Awards.

With news that Eminem is set to open the show, new rumours have surfaced claiming that he will perform with Dr. Dre at the event as well as one of his 2010 hit singles.

“I Need A Doctor” which is out on iTunes now and already tops the download list features Eminem on the two first verses and sources say it will be great promotion for Dre’s comeback album “Detox”.$

An insider said: “Eminem will definitely be performing with Dre on the night, and fans will not be disappointed.

“He will also be performing one of his “Recovery” singles but everyone is talking about the Dre duet saying it could be one of the most memorable Grammy moments of all time if everything goes to plan.”

http://www.misformusic.com/2011/02/eminem-to-perform-i-need-a-doctor-with-dr-dre-at-grammys/

Detox will do BIG numbers.

Snoop gotta be mad. Seems like people nowadays like the Dre/Eminem combo more than the Dre/Snoop combo.