Author Topic: LBC Crew - Haven't You Heard [Official Discussion Thread]  (Read 9053 times)

jory

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: LBC Crew - Haven't You Heard [Official Discussion Thread]
« Reply #60 on: February 02, 2011, 07:21:44 AM »

heres a different 12 single for beware of my crew incase anyone wants to add it to the album

A1. Beware of My Crew (DJ Pooh Remix)
A2. Beware of My Crew (Album Version)
A3. Beware of My Crew (DJ Pooh Remix Instrumental)
B1. Beware of My Crew (Album Instrumental)
B2. Beware of My Crew (A Capella Remix)
B3. Beware of My Crew (A Capella)

http://rapidshare.com/files/265710999/1995_-_LBC_Crew_-_Beware_of_My_Crew__12___.rar

Hoodlum204

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Thats Why I Fucked Your Bitch!!
« Reply #61 on: February 02, 2011, 07:32:43 AM »
Haven't Gotten A Chance to Peep This Yet....Got It Yesterday....Judgin By Most Of Your Post's I'm In For Some Good Music. 8)

Paul

« Reply #62 on: February 02, 2011, 07:46:39 AM »
Everybody should support this release and go pick a copy of it on February 8 so WideAwake can fix what they had already fucked up and give us more of that classic Death Row shit 8)

co-sign

I'm already pre-order it!  8)

it hurts when wait.
;D
funkyfreshintheflesh

kuruptDPG

« Reply #63 on: February 02, 2011, 02:51:45 PM »
is mcgruff on one 213?

Gfunk

• 'G'
« Reply #64 on: February 02, 2011, 04:26:57 PM »
Fuckin flawless album!
Code: [Select]
http://www.last.fm/user/Gfunk-

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #65 on: February 02, 2011, 04:30:08 PM »
I need this album

Efrain

« Reply #66 on: February 03, 2011, 07:26:36 AM »
Just listened to the album in its entirety a couple times… gave it another day and listened again with fresh ears. Here are my thoughts:

This is a really solid album. I’ve been a hater on WideAwake because they’ve sloppily released every single project they’ve attempted and I refuse to buy anything in the unprofessional condition they’ve released these records in… and don’t get me wrong this album is no exception. The post-production quality here is on par with WideASPEEP’s M.O. which I’m convinced goes something like: “1) grab the records from the vault. 2)Make sure not to listen to them or do any type of quality check what so ever. 3) dunk them directly in toilet 4) send them off to be pressed. 
Upon first listen of the record you can tell it wasn’t mastered—no question there. The mixing however is a lot better that we’re used to with these WA releases. This has absolutely NOTHING to do with wideawake mind you, it’s indicative to how far along this project got within Death Row at the time. It’s clear the album was about 80% mixed (some songs aren’t mixed down well/may only be “show” mixes) and ready to go off to be mastered if Suge wanted to pull the trigger.

The beats and rhymes are great; classic 96 sound. Had this album dropped back then it would have been cool but nothing groundbreaking. It is really fun to hear it now though.

Quality issues aside the good news here is the music sounds great and I can do the mastering anyways … which I’ve already started and it sounds f%$king phenomenal. Many of you heard the Nate Dogg album I did a while back and this is going to sound equally good.

Stay Tuned!

MarshColin

« Reply #67 on: February 03, 2011, 07:35:26 AM »
Just listened to the album in its entirety a couple times… gave it another day and listened again with fresh ears. Here are my thoughts:

This is a really solid album. I’ve been a hater on WideAwake because they’ve sloppily released every single project they’ve attempted and I refuse to buy anything in the unprofessional condition they’ve released these records in… and don’t get me wrong this album is no exception. The post-production quality here is on par with WideASPEEP’s M.O. which I’m convinced goes something like: “1) grab the records from the vault. 2)Make sure not to listen to them or do any type of quality check what so ever. 3) dunk them directly in toilet 4) send them off to be pressed. 
Upon first listen of the record you can tell it wasn’t mastered—no question there. The mixing however is a lot better that we’re used to with these WA releases. This has absolutely NOTHING to do with wideawake mind you, it’s indicative to how far along this project got within Death Row at the time. It’s clear the album was about 80% mixed (some songs aren’t mixed down well/may only be “show” mixes) and ready to go off to be mastered if Suge wanted to pull the trigger.

The beats and rhymes are great; classic 96 sound. Had this album dropped back then it would have been cool but nothing groundbreaking. It is really fun to hear it now though.

Quality issues aside the good news here is the music sounds great and I can do the mastering anyways … which I’ve already started and it sounds f%$king phenomenal. Many of you heard the Nate Dogg album I did a while back and this is going to sound equally good.

Stay Tuned!

I agree with you. As I stated earlier the good quality is due to what happened back in the day, not today. I did notice some low volume levels but figured I'll just be happy it doesn't sound as bad as the other releases. Looking forward to your remaster. Make sure to include the tracks that didn't make the album please!

bigpimpin20

« Reply #68 on: February 03, 2011, 08:59:22 AM »

Stay Tuned!

looking forward to that re-mastered version 8)

Efrain

« Reply #69 on: February 03, 2011, 09:12:09 AM »

Stay Tuned!

I agree with you. As I stated earlier the good quality is due to what happened back in the day, not today. I did notice some low volume levels but figured I'll just be happy it doesn't sound as bad as the other releases. Looking forward to your remaster. Make sure to include the tracks that didn't make the album please!

Definitely. I planned on putting Six Shooter and Doggystyle '96, are there any other ones I’m missing?

Quadruple OG

« Reply #70 on: February 03, 2011, 09:15:22 AM »

Stay Tuned!

Definitely. I planned on putting Six Shooter and Doggystyle '96, are there any other ones I’m missing?

Beware Of My Crew

Okka

« Reply #71 on: February 03, 2011, 10:31:02 AM »

There's also the DJ Pooh remix of "Beware Of My Crew".

MarshColin

« Reply #72 on: February 03, 2011, 10:36:50 AM »
Ya just Beware of My Crew, the remix, 6 Shooter and Doggystyle 96

OG Snoopaveli

« Reply #73 on: February 03, 2011, 10:44:45 AM »
classic album! nothin more to say

8)

F-cisco

« Reply #74 on: February 03, 2011, 02:36:41 PM »
Ya just Beware of My Crew, the remix, 6 Shooter and Doggystyle 96

Also Funk Wit Ya Brain and Hit Roccs appeared on early tracklists.