Author Topic: LBC Crew - Haven't You Heard [Official Discussion Thread]  (Read 9063 times)

Will_B

Re: LBC Crew - Haven't You Heard [Official Discussion Thread]
« Reply #75 on: February 03, 2011, 02:39:57 PM »
Just listened to the album in its entirety a couple times… gave it another day and listened again with fresh ears. Here are my thoughts:

This is a really solid album. I’ve been a hater on WideAwake because they’ve sloppily released every single project they’ve attempted and I refuse to buy anything in the unprofessional condition they’ve released these records in… and don’t get me wrong this album is no exception. The post-production quality here is on par with WideASPEEP’s M.O. which I’m convinced goes something like: “1) grab the records from the vault. 2)Make sure not to listen to them or do any type of quality check what so ever. 3) dunk them directly in toilet 4) send them off to be pressed. 
Upon first listen of the record you can tell it wasn’t mastered—no question there. The mixing however is a lot better that we’re used to with these WA releases. This has absolutely NOTHING to do with wideawake mind you, it’s indicative to how far along this project got within Death Row at the time. It’s clear the album was about 80% mixed (some songs aren’t mixed down well/may only be “show” mixes) and ready to go off to be mastered if Suge wanted to pull the trigger.

The beats and rhymes are great; classic 96 sound. Had this album dropped back then it would have been cool but nothing groundbreaking. It is really fun to hear it now though.

Quality issues aside the good news here is the music sounds great and I can do the mastering anyways … which I’ve already started and it sounds f%$king phenomenal. Many of you heard the Nate Dogg album I did a while back and this is going to sound equally good.

Stay Tuned!

I dig you man and that sounds like a nice project...

But people PLEASE buy the album if you like it... :scarface:

JohnnyL

« Reply #76 on: February 03, 2011, 03:25:31 PM »
Just listened to the album in its entirety a couple times… gave it another day and listened again with fresh ears. Here are my thoughts:

This is a really solid album. I’ve been a hater on WideAwake because they’ve sloppily released every single project they’ve attempted and I refuse to buy anything in the unprofessional condition they’ve released these records in… and don’t get me wrong this album is no exception. The post-production quality here is on par with WideASPEEP’s M.O. which I’m convinced goes something like: “1) grab the records from the vault. 2)Make sure not to listen to them or do any type of quality check what so ever. 3) dunk them directly in toilet 4) send them off to be pressed. 
Upon first listen of the record you can tell it wasn’t mastered—no question there. The mixing however is a lot better that we’re used to with these WA releases. This has absolutely NOTHING to do with wideawake mind you, it’s indicative to how far along this project got within Death Row at the time. It’s clear the album was about 80% mixed (some songs aren’t mixed down well/may only be “show” mixes) and ready to go off to be mastered if Suge wanted to pull the trigger.

The beats and rhymes are great; classic 96 sound. Had this album dropped back then it would have been cool but nothing groundbreaking. It is really fun to hear it now though.

Quality issues aside the good news here is the music sounds great and I can do the mastering anyways … which I’ve already started and it sounds f%$king phenomenal. Many of you heard the Nate Dogg album I did a while back and this is going to sound equally good.

Stay Tuned!

Yeah, I know what you mean about the sound quality.  Unfortunately, I have a feeling that the sound quality on these projects will probably continue to be spotty at best  with the people who are currently in charge.  At least with this album though, they exercised good judgment over the track selection.  I'm not nearly as selective as some when it comes to sound quality, because I just don't have an ear for it.  But I do get pretty frustrated with the tracks Wideawake often chooses to put on their albums.  With this album though, I have no gripes.  I think this is probably the best thing they've put out, so far.  I'm glad to hear people saying they're going to support it too, because if this sells substantially better than their other cds, maybe Wideawake will get the picture that this is the way we'd like to see future projects handled.

operation stackola

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #77 on: February 03, 2011, 04:52:27 PM »

Stay Tuned!

I agree with you. As I stated earlier the good quality is due to what happened back in the day, not today. I did notice some low volume levels but figured I'll just be happy it doesn't sound as bad as the other releases. Looking forward to your remaster. Make sure to include the tracks that didn't make the album please!

Definitely. I planned on putting Six Shooter and Doggystyle '96, are there any other ones I’m missing?
I put "Who Got Some Gangsta Shit" from MWTC, "Droppin Bombs" from The Show soundtrack, "I Will Survive" OG version, "Gang Bangin Ass Criminal" from Daz's RRGB, "Gold Rush" from Tha Doggfather, and "Beware Of My Crew" on my burnt copy.

Anyway, classic material on this album. A couple complaints, though: 1.) On "Jacca's Reunion", wtf is up with the phone ringing constantly throughout Technique's verse??, 2.) "Six Shooter" is better than "One 213", imo. Seems like they remixed that into "Six Shooter" which sounds better to me, 3.) "Flossin"" beat sounds a lot like "Who Got Some Gangsta Shit". I like both songs, though. Props to WideAwake for putting out a quality release and working with what they have here. 

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #78 on: February 03, 2011, 06:33:41 PM »
this shit sounds like the perfect companion album to dogg food...listen to them back to back shit flows seamlessly.

real nostalgic vibes.

personally im greatful for wideawake giving us this lil peek into the vaults...but i cant lie some of that shit was a lil disappointing that they have dropped.

very poor mixing mastering and sequencing with that said with out them doing what they did we wouldnt have heard ANY of that shit...it takes me back to the days when the FUCK DEATHROW tape by snoop dropped...the quality was fucking garbage but niggas was just so happy to have some new doggy dogg they didnt give a fuck. same with the makaveli bootlegs that came out summer of 97 imo we are all spoiled by the internet and bitrates and shit.

doggfather

« Reply #79 on: February 03, 2011, 11:34:14 PM »

But people PLEASE buy the album if you like it...

https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

Soopahigh

« Reply #80 on: February 04, 2011, 01:18:44 AM »

Stay Tuned!

looking forward to that re-mastered version 8)

LAZY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #81 on: February 04, 2011, 01:19:46 AM »
this shit sounds like the perfect companion album to dogg food...listen to them back to back shit flows seamlessly.

Agree on that comment, I was thinking that same thing. This shit is classic I had to download it, but I will be buying a copy if I can find one, I hope places got it in stock.

I added Beware of my Crew, 6 Shooter & Doggystyle 96 and then moved the songs around, the beinging i used the same tracklist as the advance notes that have been floating around for a while.

Im really diggin Doggfathers Diciple, classic vibe to it, similiar to 6 Shooter. I just wish it was a whole song and not a radiodrop, when the singing hits in at the end u could tell it would have been a hit. Finally glad to get Jaccas Reunion in good quality.Gangsta & Feels Good 2 Be DPG are good songs too.

I think Havnt You Heard= Intro 2 Indo, its just been renamed.

Invincible

« Reply #82 on: February 04, 2011, 08:07:49 PM »
Here is a FLAC cd rip of Beware Of My Crew. Clean and dirty.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=S6W2U4A3

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #83 on: February 05, 2011, 02:46:09 AM »

what's the point of supporting wideawake?

doggfather

« Reply #84 on: February 05, 2011, 02:51:01 AM »
not wideawake, the album.

HELP

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

Will_B

« Reply #85 on: February 05, 2011, 05:36:57 AM »

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #86 on: February 05, 2011, 05:51:52 AM »

what's the point of supporting wideawake?

:stupid:

Ummmmm.....future releases?
go ahead and buy extra copies, it won't make a difference.

if it ain't 2pac, dre or snoop, it won't sell much

Okka

« Reply #87 on: February 05, 2011, 08:05:15 AM »
Great album, i will definitely be buyin' this and this will be the first WideAwake album i'm gettin'.

doggfather

« Reply #88 on: February 05, 2011, 08:20:08 AM »
Great album, i will definitely be buyin' this and this will be the first WideAwake album i'm gettin'.

The 2nd for me, I got Crooked's hood star.  :)

HELP

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

··: O.G Kody™ :··

« Reply #89 on: February 05, 2011, 09:25:46 AM »
go ahead and buy extra copies, it won't make a difference.

if it ain't 2pac, dre or snoop, it won't sell much

I'm sure WideAwake know that the LBC Crew album won't outsell anything by those artists. You just want each release to do as well as it can and they will keep releasing more.

Just wish people would be happy this stuff is coming out at all.  I've had MP3's of these tracks for approx. 10 years so it's amazing to have them released in great quality after all this time. I'm not looking to analyse the fuck out of each track or expect HD sound. Just enjoy....