Author Topic: LBC Crew - Haven't You Heard [Official Discussion Thread]  (Read 9070 times)

acgrundy

Re: LBC Crew - Haven't You Heard [Official Discussion Thread]
« Reply #105 on: February 05, 2011, 05:07:12 PM »
lmao at groupies making excuses for the mixing and mastering..yea its cool to hear but compare the out the moon on gridlockd and this cd

ur right.  Those crappy rips floating around the net for the last few years were great.  The mixing and mastering on those was pretty much top notch.  In fact I went ahead and deleted my WA version of this album and will just continue to listen to the old rips that I have had.  Excellent point man.

lmao at westcoast euro virgins grateful to have any music from 1996

Yeah, too bad I have lived in CA my entire life.  LMAO at you dumbass.  Grateful is something you ungrateful lil' faggot kids need to learn about. 

Anonymous.

• 'G'
« Reply #106 on: February 05, 2011, 06:35:54 PM »
i hope you dont kiss suge with that mouth
Our Detox who Flop in heaven,
overrated be thy name,
thy wackness come,
thy will be done,
in Cali as it is in Europe,
give us this day our early leaks,
and forgive us our bootleggers,
for we promote those who bootleg the wankstas,
and lead us not into some gay shit,
but deliver us from wiggers,
Amen.

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #107 on: February 05, 2011, 07:33:39 PM »
he does
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

acgrundy

« Reply #108 on: February 05, 2011, 09:28:45 PM »

wow you get jealous in your own fantasies

bigpimpin20

« Reply #109 on: February 06, 2011, 06:13:35 AM »
could somebody re-up that remastered nate dogg album?

sms130

• 'G'
« Reply #110 on: February 06, 2011, 07:49:30 AM »
I like tha album. I think it's tight! Snoop Dogg was doin' things on his own along with a great collaborator with Big C-Style. Tha LBC Crew album is a good release. This would have been cool if it was released back in 1995/1996. Oh yeah, according to those at Wideawake/Death Row: "You guys with conspiracy theories need to chill. This release was mixed mastered and on CD from 1995. Literally all we did was take it out and remove beware of my crew and 6 shooter (since it was on the boxset) and put on the Out The Moon [Daz Remix]. Anyone who thinks we mixed or mastered any of this is sadly mistaken. This release wasn't almost complete back in 95, it was complete in 1995. Mixed mastered and sequenced."

Detox Is A Myth!!!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Detox is the biggest marketing deception on Earth
« Reply #111 on: February 06, 2011, 08:28:57 AM »
Literally all we did was take it out and remove beware of my crew and 6 shooter (since it was on the boxset) and put on the Out The Moon [Daz Remix].

That's the one flaw of this release -- why did they go out of their way to remove BOMC and 6 Shooter?  Just leave them on there.  So what if it was on your box set.  What, they can't be on both releases?  Or are you using those two tracks to try to persuade people to buy the box set?  I'll probably buy this official release, but I'm looking forward to homie's remaster here on DubCC that includes those two tracks.  Pisses me off that they actually REMOVED tracks.
"Detox" is a myth -- Bigfoot, Loch Ness Monster, Area 51, Iraq having WMD, Detox...you get it now?  It was invented by the Aftermath marketing department to maintain the fans' attention.  Notice how everytime a new Aftermath album is ready to come out, they always mention Detox is next up?  Because they are using the invention of "Detox" as a way to market other albums.  The sooner you realize that Detox is NOT REAL, the sooner you'll feel liberated.  Oh yeah, f.u. Aftermath for fooling us fans.

acgrundy

« Reply #112 on: February 06, 2011, 11:07:20 AM »
I like tha album. I think it's tight! Snoop Dogg was doin' things on his own along with a great collaborator with Big C-Style. Tha LBC Crew album is a good release. This would have been cool if it was released back in 1995/1996. Oh yeah, according to those at Wideawake/Death Row: "You guys with conspiracy theories need to chill. This release was mixed mastered and on CD from 1995. Literally all we did was take it out and remove beware of my crew and 6 shooter (since it was on the boxset) and put on the Out The Moon [Daz Remix]. Anyone who thinks we mixed or mastered any of this is sadly mistaken. This release wasn't almost complete back in 95, it was complete in 1995. Mixed mastered and sequenced."

Well what about Funk wit yo brain?

procrastiNate

« Reply #113 on: February 06, 2011, 11:35:57 AM »
That's the one flaw of this release -- why did they go out of their way to remove BOMC and 6 Shooter?  Just leave them on there.  So what if it was on your box set.  What, they can't be on both releases?  Or are you using those two tracks to try to persuade people to buy the box set?  I'll probably buy this official release, but I'm looking forward to homie's remaster here on DubCC that includes those two tracks.  Pisses me off that they actually REMOVED tracks.
Why the fuck do people keep asking why Beware Of My Crew isn't on the album? This has been answered a billion times. Legally WA cannot use the track because another company bought the rights to it when it appeared on the Soundtrack to A Thin Line Bewtween Love & Hate.

awol22222

« Reply #114 on: February 06, 2011, 11:44:16 AM »
Warner Bros has rights to "Beware Of My Crew" and the video for it.

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #115 on: February 06, 2011, 12:00:06 PM »

lmfaoooooooo

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #116 on: February 06, 2011, 02:19:27 PM »
Literally all we did was take it out and remove beware of my crew and 6 shooter (since it was on the boxset) and put on the Out The Moon [Daz Remix].

well i think their motivation is funny, as they didn't have problems putting previously released songs on the new releases.

Detox Is A Myth!!!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Detox is the biggest marketing deception on Earth
« Reply #117 on: February 06, 2011, 05:54:36 PM »
Why the fuck do people keep asking why Beware Of My Crew isn't on the album? This has been answered a billion times. Legally WA cannot use the track because another company bought the rights to it when it appeared on the Soundtrack to A Thin Line Bewtween Love & Hate.

Ok, thanks, but that only answers half the issue.  What about 6 Shooter?  Putting Doggystyle 96 on there as a bonus cut would've been appreciated, as well, even though I can understand them leaving it off if it wasn't on the OG album.
"Detox" is a myth -- Bigfoot, Loch Ness Monster, Area 51, Iraq having WMD, Detox...you get it now?  It was invented by the Aftermath marketing department to maintain the fans' attention.  Notice how everytime a new Aftermath album is ready to come out, they always mention Detox is next up?  Because they are using the invention of "Detox" as a way to market other albums.  The sooner you realize that Detox is NOT REAL, the sooner you'll feel liberated.  Oh yeah, f.u. Aftermath for fooling us fans.

ICHI THE KILLER

« Reply #118 on: February 08, 2011, 01:40:17 AM »
 8) 8)
« Last Edit: February 08, 2011, 01:41:59 AM by ICHI THE KILLER »

Efrain

« Reply #119 on: February 08, 2011, 05:23:22 AM »
......to those at Wideawake/Death Row: "You guys with conspiracy theories need to chill. This release was mixed mastered and on CD from 1995. Literally all we did was take it out and remove beware of my crew and 6 shooter (since it was on the boxset) and put on the Out The Moon [Daz Remix]. Anyone who thinks we mixed or mastered any of this is sadly mistaken. This release wasn't almost complete back in 95, it was complete in 1995. Mixed mastered and sequenced."

They are sorely mistaken.

I don’t know what’s more frightening…. that they are so disorganized they don’t know this isn’t a mastered release or that they are so incompetent they can’t discern with a quick listen that this isn’t mastered. And they’re wrong about it being fully mixed, the lack on de-essing on several songs is a dead giveaway. Fully mixed by the recording engineer maybe to demo to the label, but not mixed by a pro like Tommey D or someone for worldwide release… the way Death Row would have done it.

I could show them 100 examples of what I’m talking about but all they really need to do is go to a record store, buy the gridlocked soundtrack, play “Out The Moon” then immediately play the same song off this LBC Crew album. Hear the difference? That’s what you call professional mixing and mastering.

I can’t fault Wideawake completely at this point, they have tried. The problem is they just don’t know what they’re doing. They did master that Snoop album but the problem was the songs weren’t properly mixed prior… so it still  ended up sounding horrible.

I’m going to have this album professionally mastered and posted for download here on the site (after the album is released) then we can talk about it. I may even send it to them and if they like it I’ll work for free.