Author Topic: LBC Crew - Haven't You Heard [Official Discussion Thread]  (Read 9071 times)

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
Re: LBC Crew - Haven't You Heard [Official Discussion Thread]
« Reply #120 on: February 08, 2011, 06:11:42 AM »
did you ever remaster the snoop album? if so i need that

sms130

• 'G'
« Reply #121 on: February 08, 2011, 08:16:37 AM »
I mean, I totally understand why they didn't include those two songs. It makes sense, I just would like to know where they would have been on the tracklist. I can't complain, we offically now have all of the tracks that made the final cut for that album. It's not a bad album. Wideawake/Death Row are really tryin' to give the fans what they want. It's a tight album. I just wish that the Sam Sneed project was all of the original material from 1994-96 era and maybe include the new stuff as a bonus disc or for a later release.

DeeezNuuuts83

« Reply #122 on: February 08, 2011, 08:20:48 AM »
So can I get this from Best Buy?  I don't see it on their website or in their weekly ad... I guess I'll just have to go there in an hour and a half.

J-FUNKTION

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #123 on: February 08, 2011, 08:59:20 AM »
So can I get this from Best Buy?  I don't see it on their website or in their weekly ad... I guess I'll just have to go there in an hour and a half.

i dont know where you at...but i wouldnt bother...

SURPRISE SURPRISE...im in canada..went to hmv and none of them got it...but they recieved sam sneeds that everyone said they wouldnt buy...LMAO..everytime i wanna support a wideawake release they fuck up...

good job on the lbc crew wideawake...but at the same time..fuck your bad distibution...

DeeezNuuuts83

« Reply #124 on: February 08, 2011, 09:06:46 AM »
^ I'm in Southern California.

MarshColin

« Reply #125 on: February 08, 2011, 09:20:40 AM »
......to those at Wideawake/Death Row: "You guys with conspiracy theories need to chill. This release was mixed mastered and on CD from 1995. Literally all we did was take it out and remove beware of my crew and 6 shooter (since it was on the boxset) and put on the Out The Moon [Daz Remix]. Anyone who thinks we mixed or mastered any of this is sadly mistaken. This release wasn't almost complete back in 95, it was complete in 1995. Mixed mastered and sequenced."

They are sorely mistaken.

I don’t know what’s more frightening…. that they are so disorganized they don’t know this isn’t a mastered release or that they are so incompetent they can’t discern with a quick listen that this isn’t mastered. And they’re wrong about it being fully mixed, the lack on de-essing on several songs is a dead giveaway. Fully mixed by the recording engineer maybe to demo to the label, but not mixed by a pro like Tommey D or someone for worldwide release… the way Death Row would have done it.

I could show them 100 examples of what I’m talking about but all they really need to do is go to a record store, buy the gridlocked soundtrack, play “Out The Moon” then immediately play the same song off this LBC Crew album. Hear the difference? That’s what you call professional mixing and mastering.

I can’t fault Wideawake completely at this point, they have tried. The problem is they just don’t know what they’re doing. They did master that Snoop album but the problem was the songs weren’t properly mixed prior… so it still  ended up sounding horrible.

I’m going to have this album professionally mastered and posted for download here on the site (after the album is released) then we can talk about it. I may even send it to them and if they like it I’ll work for free.

Looking forward to this. On a second listen I noticed the volume levels were way low. And ya the mixing wasn't perfect either BUT I'm just thankful this album made it as far as it did so that we wouldn't get another WideAwake release that sounded like ass. That's funny they are claiming that it was mastered in 95 because I remember seeing WA advertise this album as being REMASTERED. Well it looks like it wasn't mastered then or now. They're pretty bad at lying. I'm done bitching though, I'm happy with the quality we're getting and am optimistic about what Efrain can do for the album.

m-dogg

• Lil Geezy
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #126 on: February 08, 2011, 12:29:06 PM »
......to those at Wideawake/Death Row: "You guys with conspiracy theories need to chill. This release was mixed mastered and on CD from 1995. Literally all we did was take it out and remove beware of my crew and 6 shooter (since it was on the boxset) and put on the Out The Moon [Daz Remix]. Anyone who thinks we mixed or mastered any of this is sadly mistaken. This release wasn't almost complete back in 95, it was complete in 1995. Mixed mastered and sequenced."

They are sorely mistaken.

I don’t know what’s more frightening…. that they are so disorganized they don’t know this isn’t a mastered release or that they are so incompetent they can’t discern with a quick listen that this isn’t mastered. And they’re wrong about it being fully mixed, the lack on de-essing on several songs is a dead giveaway. Fully mixed by the recording engineer maybe to demo to the label, but not mixed by a pro like Tommey D or someone for worldwide release… the way Death Row would have done it.

I could show them 100 examples of what I’m talking about but all they really need to do is go to a record store, buy the gridlocked soundtrack, play “Out The Moon” then immediately play the same song off this LBC Crew album. Hear the difference? That’s what you call professional mixing and mastering.

I can’t fault Wideawake completely at this point, they have tried. The problem is they just don’t know what they’re doing. They did master that Snoop album but the problem was the songs weren’t properly mixed prior… so it still  ended up sounding horrible.

I’m going to have this album professionally mastered and posted for download here on the site (after the album is released) then we can talk about it. I may even send it to them and if they like it I’ll work for free.

I am really looking foward to your version!  I was going to do this myself as the bass sounds horrible for most of the songs, overall sound is flat and bass is real hard.  I was kind of surprised as the doggystlye 96 and 6 shooter sounded much better to me, I figured they would at least be on that level.  anyway, like everyone esle, I'm just glad we finally have this classic material in our hands.  if it wasnt for WA we'd never gotten the chance to clean it up and make it sound good hehe...so I support them...

D-TalkX

« Reply #127 on: February 08, 2011, 02:25:54 PM »
Dope album, def agree it would have gone platinum back in '96...idiots.

I got this on iTunes were there any liner notes or anything with hard copies? I wanted to see production creds and sheiiiit. Can anyone hook that up?

Too bad there weren't a few more unheard tracks though but I guess some got effed up by Lil C Style.

DeeezNuuuts83

« Reply #128 on: February 08, 2011, 05:51:25 PM »
Well, unfortunately it wasn't at Best Buy... I figured it wouldn't be, but it wouldn't hurt to check.

doggfather

« Reply #129 on: February 09, 2011, 02:07:11 AM »

Any hard copys of this comin out ever???
https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

ICHI THE KILLER

« Reply #130 on: February 09, 2011, 02:58:41 AM »

Any hard copys of this comin out ever???

i think they were on some shop few years back

doggfather

« Reply #131 on: February 09, 2011, 04:18:04 AM »
thanks!
https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

procrastiNate

« Reply #132 on: February 09, 2011, 11:07:32 PM »
I was going to do this myself as the bass sounds horrible for most of the songs, overall sound is flat and bass is real hard.
I probably wouldn't have noticed this until much later had you not mentioned it, but I agree. I've really given up any hope of a properly mixed and mastered WIDEawake release at this point. I'm just gonna have to change my perspective I guess and just be glad they are releasing material that is of better sound quality than the bootlegged/ leaked stuff and tracks we would have never heard at all if it weren't for WA.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2011, 11:10:39 PM by procrastiNate »

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #133 on: February 09, 2011, 11:08:37 PM »
m p3s/
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

West$ide Boi

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • 'Women, Weed & Weather'
« Reply #134 on: February 10, 2011, 06:05:07 AM »
classic.shit is dope