Author Topic: LBC Crew - Haven't You Heard [Official Discussion Thread]  (Read 9169 times)

Okka

Re: LBC Crew - Haven't You Heard [Official Discussion Thread]
« Reply #165 on: February 13, 2011, 01:32:24 PM »
DJ Pooh's remix of "Beware Of My Crew" been out for ages. Im almost 100% sure that "Gangsta" has leaked too, but not in CDQ though.
Beware Of My Crew [DJ Pooh Remix] was never released on a full lenght album, only a single. That's why I'm counting it as unreleased. Gangsta by Lil' C-Style and Snoop leaked years ago but is still unreleased.

Nah, it was released on the DPGC Remix album. I'm not sure who put that out but i think it's official though.

Invincible

« Reply #166 on: February 13, 2011, 03:26:57 PM »
DJ Pooh's remix of "Beware Of My Crew" been out for ages. Im almost 100% sure that "Gangsta" has leaked too, but not in CDQ though.
Beware Of My Crew [DJ Pooh Remix] was never released on a full lenght album, only a single. That's why I'm counting it as unreleased. Gangsta by Lil' C-Style and Snoop leaked years ago but is still unreleased.

Nah, it was released on the DPGC Remix album. I'm not sure who put that out but i think it's official though.

If its released on a single, it's not unreleased. It's on the Beware Of My Crew Vinyl.

Will_B

« Reply #167 on: February 14, 2011, 12:10:15 AM »

If its released on a single, it's not unreleased. It's on the Beware Of My Crew Vinyl.

And the European Maxi CD of Beware of My Crew.

doggfather

« Reply #168 on: February 14, 2011, 12:26:52 AM »

this is the only one Lil C Style album out, right??
https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

procrastiNate

« Reply #169 on: February 14, 2011, 01:23:08 AM »
Yes.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #170 on: February 14, 2011, 01:31:57 AM »
hey, could you check your inbox?

doggfather

https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

deeznutz1981

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #172 on: February 16, 2011, 05:43:10 AM »
whats the status of re-master Efrain?

I'll have it up by Tues or Wednesday of this week. I'm working with some new software (in addition to what I always use) that sounds incredible but I'm trying to get it just right. Here's a little preview...  (final might be a slightly different)

Baby Come Home (efrain remaster)
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=G218PLJ4

Baby Come Home (retail... for reference)
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=PX5PRFXF

holy shit that sounds like night and day! my first post here and it's to ask when ur mastered version is gonna drop! That sounds so crisp and clean good work!!!!

Will_B

« Reply #173 on: February 16, 2011, 06:03:14 AM »

I'll have it up by Tues or Wednesday of this week. I'm working with some new software (in addition to what I always use) that sounds incredible but I'm trying to get it just right. Here's a little preview...  (final might be a slightly different)

holy shit that sounds like night and day! my first post here and it's to ask when ur mastered version is gonna drop! That sounds so crisp and clean good work!!!!

I don't hear it. The treble is so shrill and the vocal sounds lispy - unlistenable.

Did you ramaster the lossey file or is that from a wav?

OG Snoopaveli

« Reply #174 on: February 16, 2011, 11:25:59 AM »
are "rap killer", "stay out of LA", "dont test me" and "gangsta gangsta" lbc crew tracks or just low life tracks?

None of those tracks were recorded on Death Row, so no. I don't even think any of those had all three LBC Crew members on 'em.

Yes, they were. Check out that huge interview with Big C-Style that's on youtube. None of those tracks are "LBC Crew" tracks except for "Flossin" though. Actually Kurupt is on the original version of "Rap Killer" and that track will be on Big Style's new compilation.

I wish these guys had more music!!!
They still have these unreleased tracks in the Death Row vault...

lbc crew - beware of my crew [remix] [produced by dj pooh]

lbc crew - crooked
 lbc crew - don't say bitch
 lbc crew - feel this
 lbc crew, (bad azz, tray d, crooked i, salim' h. grant, baby girl) - flossin' [other version] [produced by salim h. grant, soopafly]
 lbc crew (snoop, tray d, mcgruff, mahallia franklin (the queen of funk), kevin vanardo, bo roc and salim h. grant) - funk wit' yo brain [original]
 lbc crew (lil' c-style, snoop) - gangsta
 lbc crew - keep it hot
 lbc crew - life's hard
 lbc crew - nina ross
 lbc crew - no recognition
 lbc crew - one
 lbc crew - on the floor
 lbc crew - snoop's shit
 lbc crew - st. ides [commercial]
 lbc crew - tight situation
 lbc crew - untitled [produced by dj pooh]
 lbc crew - untitled 6/20/95
 lbc crew - untitled 6/26/95
 lbc crew - untitled 6/31/95

yeah Gangsta has leaked.  Its Lil' C-style and snoop dogg.  Chorus goes "He would grow up to be nothin but a gangsta"  It heavily uses a sample, although I can't think of the original sample off the top of my head.  hopefully it comes out in cdq.

classic track! i luv it

Giesuz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Veterano
« Reply #175 on: February 16, 2011, 11:53:29 AM »
it uses the same verse by Lil Style that he raps on Out The Moon Original

Scrappy Doo

« Reply #176 on: February 17, 2011, 03:29:45 PM »

I don't hear it. The treble is so shrill and the vocal sounds lispy - unlistenable.

Could it be that you work for wideawake ????

Efrain

« Reply #177 on: February 17, 2011, 04:45:57 PM »

The vocals sounding like that is a product of 1) lack of proper de-essing during mixing (see my earlier comments) and 2) the format it was recorded on deteriorating (Digital Audio Tape—DAT). 

Other than that if you can’t discern any noticeable difference between those two (the retail and my remaster) then your ears may be seriously damaged… or you probably hold some job at WideAwake ;D 

I wanted to have this done earlier but like I said, I’m working with some new software that sounds so clean and rich, but calibrating it and incorporating into what I usually use has been time consuming. 

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #178 on: February 17, 2011, 08:45:23 PM »
props efrain is that guy.

/nh

ironmike

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #179 on: February 17, 2011, 09:15:12 PM »
are "rap killer", "stay out of LA", "dont test me" and "gangsta gangsta" lbc crew tracks or just low life tracks?

None of those tracks were recorded on Death Row, so no. I don't even think any of those had all three LBC Crew members on 'em.

Yes, they were. Check out that huge interview with Big C-Style that's on youtube. None of those tracks are "LBC Crew" tracks except for "Flossin" though. Actually Kurupt is on the original version of "Rap Killer" and that track will be on Big Style's new compilation.

I wish these guys had more music!!!
They still have these unreleased tracks in the Death Row vault...

lbc crew - beware of my crew [remix] [produced by dj pooh]

lbc crew - crooked
 lbc crew - don't say bitch
 lbc crew - feel this
 lbc crew, (bad azz, tray d, crooked i, salim' h. grant, baby girl) - flossin' [other version] [produced by salim h. grant, soopafly]
 lbc crew (snoop, tray d, mcgruff, mahallia franklin (the queen of funk), kevin vanardo, bo roc and salim h. grant) - funk wit' yo brain [original]
 lbc crew (lil' c-style, snoop) - gangsta
 lbc crew - keep it hot
 lbc crew - life's hard
 lbc crew - nina ross
 lbc crew - no recognition
 lbc crew - one
 lbc crew - on the floor
 lbc crew - snoop's shit
 lbc crew - st. ides [commercial]
 lbc crew - tight situation
 lbc crew - untitled [produced by dj pooh]
 lbc crew - untitled 6/20/95
 lbc crew - untitled 6/26/95
 lbc crew - untitled 6/31/95

yeah Gangsta has leaked.  Its Lil' C-style and snoop dogg.  Chorus goes "He would grow up to be nothin but a gangsta"  It heavily uses a sample, although I can't think of the original sample off the top of my head.  hopefully it comes out in cdq.
the song "gangsta (when u grow up)" was taped off the radio back in 96, thats why its in poor quality sound.
the beat samples "never too much" by luther vandross.

also there's another lbc crew track that is still unreleased, which is:

*Heard it through the eastside feat. snoop doggy dogg
« Last Edit: February 17, 2011, 09:28:13 PM by ironmike »