Author Topic: Nobody finds it a little amusing...  (Read 1479 times)

WCoastTillIDie

Re: Nobody finds it a little amusing...
« Reply #60 on: February 04, 2011, 04:04:31 PM »
I don't think anybody is denying the fact that Dre is/can put the West back on the map, but that doesn't change anything about the quality of his work, or lack thereof. I would say everyone is/should be happy with Detox coming out, period. But as I said, when the quality clearly doesn't come close to the hype, then what would you expect from any hip-hop fans. Also, I think most people are pissed with his means of taking back the spotlight (mainstream, sellout, etc.)

I SWORE I heard little tiny G-Funk sounds in the background of I Need a Doctor.  So he hasn't really completely sold out!

Matty

« Reply #61 on: February 04, 2011, 04:08:25 PM »
I don't think anybody is denying the fact that Dre is/can put the West back on the map, but that doesn't change anything about the quality of his work, or lack thereof. I would say everyone is/should be happy with Detox coming out, period. But as I said, when the quality clearly doesn't come close to the hype, then what would you expect from any hip-hop fans. Also, I think most people are pissed with his means of taking back the spotlight (mainstream, sellout, etc.)

I SWORE I heard little tiny G-Funk sounds in the background of I Need a Doctor.  So he hasn't really completely sold out!

rhythmalism

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #62 on: February 04, 2011, 04:42:10 PM »
I dont give a fuck about record sales as long as the product is quality. Kush is still crazy to me, new Quik track is heat, 2 Game mixtapes are quality, Snoopy still the king of the coast, Tha Dogg Pound still dope & Pac Div, Dom Kennedy, Nipsey, Blu, & Fashawn are alllllllll dope. Westcoast is not dead.

Take it for what it is, It aint nuthing but fuckin music.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2011, 04:45:31 PM by rhythmalism »

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #63 on: February 04, 2011, 04:51:39 PM »

That song was found as a result of people buying the album based off of "How We Do".

Flat out wrong with that statement. As someone mentioned, it was not only the street single but was getting tons of spins. Hell, Snoop jumped on the song so he could hop aboard the bandwagon.

"Westside Story" was well known before "How We Do" dropped.

Yeah, maybe by people who pay attention to music closely. I think that's where people get it twisted. They view boards like this & assume everybody who listens to rap plays as close attention as we do. Facebook & Twitter have gotten absurdly popular in the last 3-4 years & now people like us just post things to inform people that artists have dropped new matieral.

But back when this album came out, that communication wasn't as big. If people got lucky enough to hear it on the radio, then I guess, but it wasn't played that much on the radio. I didn't even know who Game was until I heard "How We Do" on the radio. I didn't search around the internet for music at the time. Honestly, I remember when I heard it. I turned the radio on during 50's verse & I thought it was a new 50 song lol. That's how the average fan finds out about things, if it's played on the radio.

All I'm saying is, if there was a poll outside of this hardcore rap forum & posted it on like MTV.com & asked; "What was the first Game song you heard? "How We Do", "Hate It or Love It" or "Westside Story"? 90% of the votes would be a combination of "How We Do" & "Hate It or Love It".

TDOT

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #64 on: February 04, 2011, 05:01:50 PM »
chris rock said it best...

"what ever music was on the radio when you first started getting laid is gonna be the best shit of all time to you"

Basically... The audience they're targeting with INAD is not the audience most people here are a part of. If you don't like it, don't buy the fucking album and put the good old "Chronic" in your cd-player again.

What exact age are you referring to? If you're talking about litteral kids, like 10-15 years old then I guess you're right, but if you're talking about the teenage to late teenage area (15-21) then I would have to disagree. I know tonnes of people that age who dont give a fuck about Eminem's new shit and agree with a lot of us, thinking its gay as fuck. Even myself, who am very close to that group (early 20's) think this is just little girl shit. Honestly, this new Eminem shit is for preteens and kids, so if that's the age group your talking about then I would agree.

Jimmy H.

« Reply #65 on: February 04, 2011, 05:11:28 PM »
What exact age are you referring to? If you're talking about litteral kids, like 10-15 years old then I guess you're right, but if you're talking about the teenage to late teenage area (15-21) then I would have to disagree. I know tonnes of people that age who dont give a fuck about Eminem's new shit and agree with a lot of us, thinking its gay as fuck. Even myself, who am very close to that group (early 20's) think this is just little girl shit. Honestly, this new Eminem shit is for preteens and kids, so if that's the age group your talking about then I would agree.
Well, everyone is going to have a different view of things but I know plenty of kids in that early adult (18-23) demographic who love Eminem's shit. So there you go.

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #66 on: February 04, 2011, 05:21:56 PM »
not that amusing.

Oh, no. It's hilarious. It just depends if you invested all your hopes & dreams into Detox. ;D

my entire life is invested into Detox. On suicide watch after I Need A Doctor! no more jokes please :nahnah: :nahnah: :nahnah:

I'm sure you mean it sarcastically but sadly I'm pretty sure its true of you

you're completely wrong, but that would impossible to prove or for you to accept.

hint: there could be another reason why i'm not that fussed about other people's opinions or opinion trends, amusing or otherwise.

lmao you've posted more about Detox than probably any other fanboy

i was about to say, dont make me go look up the posts dude made right when kush came out...matty was caught in a whirlwind of sadness and rage over that song lol.

i wrote a load about it and stand behind everything i said, namely that it wasn't very good based on dre's previous singles, produced or solo. you won't find any quotes where i'm explictly mad or unhappy, because there are none. there are, on the other hand, plenty of people saying 'fuck dre' 'dre sucks' and getting mad about the current single.

that's not to say i don't care at all, otherwise why would i post all that stuff. but the discussion is in context, i enjoy giving my opinion in detail and this is the right place to do it. anyone else is free to do so too.

and considering how long 'detox' has been brewing, it's a topic that can be discussed as much as anyone likes imo. i don't think its necessary for some posters to be popping up in almost every single dre thread complaining 'not this again' and bagging on people, because that whole attitude is far worse than the people 'excessively' talking about it.

my suggestion is to make a temporary room just for dre threads for you and the boys...alot of ppl dont care to read about the emotional highs and lows that you guys suffer through as this album nears release. it definetly drags the board down...

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #67 on: February 04, 2011, 05:35:08 PM »
Thanks 4 that last little bit Petey becuz lord knows that i read NONE of this shit.

Matty

« Reply #68 on: February 04, 2011, 05:58:21 PM »
Thanks 4 that last little bit Petey becuz lord knows that i read NONE of this shit.

but you do write your own :monkey:

TDOT

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #69 on: February 04, 2011, 06:06:34 PM »
Well, everyone is going to have a different view of things but I know plenty of kids in that early adult (18-23) demographic who love Eminem's shit. So there you go.

Yes, obviously, I know plenty as well (hell I loved Relapse and liked some of Recovery), but what I was saying is that it's not ONLY "old-time" fans and real hip-hop heads that think this shit is trash/childish shit, a lot of people do (ALL ages), and almost everyone "in the know" will tell you this was a HUGE disapointment. I hate when people act as if little fuckin girls are in charge of the direction of hip-hop, just because they're the only one's who will isten to the radio and actually buy an album, its complete bullshit.

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #70 on: February 04, 2011, 06:13:44 PM »
Hey Matty, atleast my monkey tastes good

Matty

« Reply #71 on: February 04, 2011, 06:28:00 PM »
Hey Matty, atleast my monkey tastes good

don't think i wanna know any more :monkey:

WCoastTillIDie

« Reply #72 on: February 04, 2011, 10:47:02 PM »
Do any of you guys realize how mainstream Forgot about Dre sounds?

Just sayin.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #73 on: February 05, 2011, 01:44:58 AM »
not that amusing.

Oh, no. It's hilarious. It just depends if you invested all your hopes & dreams into Detox. ;D

my entire life is invested into Detox. On suicide watch after I Need A Doctor! no more jokes please :nahnah: :nahnah: :nahnah:

I'm sure you mean it sarcastically but sadly I'm pretty sure its true of you

you're completely wrong, but that would impossible to prove or for you to accept.

hint: there could be another reason why i'm not that fussed about other people's opinions or opinion trends, amusing or otherwise.

lmao you've posted more about Detox than probably any other fanboy
well he didn't kill himself, did he?
at least Matty makes constructive posts. that can't be said about everybody that's disappointed with the singles

That song was found as a result of people buying the album based off of "How We Do".

Flat out wrong with that statement. As someone mentioned, it was not only the street single but was getting tons of spins. Hell, Snoop jumped on the song so he could hop aboard the bandwagon.

"Westside Story" was well known before "How We Do" dropped.
Snoop's version was done before the album version.

that in most threads that get created in this section, somebody mentions that "The West is dead", "The West doesn't sell", "Somebody needs to put the West back on the map" & then when Dr. Dre releases a single that still may not, but is without doubt going to the right direction to do so & everybody is against it?

I think basically where I am going with this is, alright. You're all dying for West Coast Hip Hop to be relevant again, so what exactly do you want released to do so? Like what would your dream song be that would realistically do great on the charts & still have that classic West Coast feel to it? Let's be honest, "Kush" was West Coast & it did alright. I mean, I'm not complaining about it's numbers, but didn't come close to the Top 25, if I'm not mistaken. So that's a pretty good attempt at a mainstream, but yet a West Coast feel to a song & it didn't work out at all as far as "bringing the West back".

So you tell me, if you want the Coast to be "back on the map", yet you're going to basically make ten threads about boycotting the one single that could very well do just that; what exactly would you accept? & I mean something that will realistically work. Not some West Coast junkie dream.

As far as the topic goes, the reason people dislike the track is because it's more of a track Eminem would use for one of his records than a Dre track. Dre's been talking about how Detox was going to redefine rap and this song goes against that because it just recycles what many of Eminem's productions sound like. Not saying that "Kush" was ground-breaking, but it's more along the lines of something fans were expecting. I think the name "I Need A Doctor" fits the whole Detox theme, but the execution went horribly wrong.

My solution would have been for Dre to release "Shit Popped Off" (or I guess the radio edit would be "Popped Off") or "Topless" as singles. Both those tracks had bigger buzzes and were better than "I Need a Doctor".
bullshit. Dre's new single is #1, not big enough for you?

those two leaked songs were spread fast on the internet, as they were tagged with Detox. but how do you know that these are certified hits?
i'm not an expert myself, but when i look at Kush, i doubt that Topless & Shit popped off would do much better ( let alone top I need a doctor :P).

these two leaks got better feedback on dubcc than Dre's newest single. while there are a lot of dre fans on this forum, i doubt that the majority pays for digital downloads.

Do any of you guys realize how mainstream Forgot about Dre sounds?

Just sayin.
no

Jimmy H.

« Reply #74 on: February 05, 2011, 01:49:23 AM »
As far as the topic goes, the reason people dislike the track is because it's more of a track Eminem would use for one of his records than a Dre track. Dre's been talking about how Detox was going to redefine rap and this song goes against that because it just recycles what many of Eminem's productions sound like. Not saying that "Kush" was ground-breaking, but it's more along the lines of something fans were expecting. I think the name "I Need A Doctor" fits the whole Detox theme, but the execution went horribly wrong.
  What Eminem productions does it exactly sound like? I hear a lot of the “Love the Way You Lie” comparisons but they don’t fit with me. I think it’s an easy one to make because of them sharing the same producer.

I don’t think it went horribly wrong at all. I think people with a little less emotional involvement in “Detox” who are more receptive to just listening to the music itself are really digging it. The problem with arguing with people who want another “Chronic” is there is no acceptable defense here.

My solution would have been for Dre to release "Shit Popped Off" (or I guess the radio edit would be "Popped Off") or "Topless" as singles. Both those tracks had bigger buzzes and were better than "I Need a Doctor".
On what basis are you drawing that either one of those tracks was more well-received? I know on West Coast forums, those were the two least-panned Detox leaks but that doesn’t really say anything in regards to the bigger picture.

Truth be told, they were two of my favorites but I don’t see either one as being “better” than I Need A Doctor. Just more of what you’d expect the typical Dr. Dre record to sound like. I don’t think that makes them better records, I just think they have a sound that better caters to G-Funk fans.

Yes, obviously, I know plenty as well (hell I loved Relapse and liked some of Recovery), but what I was saying is that it's not ONLY "old-time" fans and real hip-hop heads that think this shit is trash/childish shit, a lot of people do (ALL ages), and almost everyone "in the know" will tell you this was a HUGE disapointment. I hate when people act as if little fuckin girls are in charge of the direction of hip-hop, just because they're the only one's who will isten to the radio and actually buy an album, its complete bullshit.
Well, I guess this is where we disagree. I liked Recovery way more than Relapse.