Author Topic: What?... No Wiz Khalifa at da Super Bowl  (Read 538 times)

BiggBoogaBiff

What?... No Wiz Khalifa at da Super Bowl
« on: February 04, 2011, 02:36:39 PM »
I betchu if he was white it wouldnt have went down like that.  Just my 2cents spent well.

Triple OG Rapsodie

Re: What?... No Wiz Khalifa at da Super Bowl
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2011, 02:57:43 PM »
You mean at the half time show? Why would they have a new, barely known artist with one hit perform?

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2011, 04:09:55 PM »
I'm willing to bet a million dollars that when they play highlights before the game to hype it up, "Black & Yellow" will play.

Superbowl halftime show with one song. ::)

K-MACC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2011, 04:18:34 PM »
fuck off with your black card :'(

Bananas

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2011, 04:21:29 PM »
ALRIGHT, LETS BLAME IT ON RACE.

FORGET THAT:
IT IS A ONE SIDED CHEERLEADER ANTHEM.
LOTS OF SWEARING.
HOW ESTABLISHED IS WIZ LONG TERM?
WILL PEOPLE OVER 35 EVEN KNOW WHO THIS NIGGER IS?

Arthur, you want to get a job in media but you know absolutely nothing about marketability?

What kind of question is this?

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2011, 04:44:42 PM »
Oh no son, i know a lot about market ability, even without imo a useless degree (but of course i dont know EVERYTHING like i should).  wat i do know iz that if Justin Beiber made a ``black and yellow`` he`d be on there.  Like couldnt him and Wayne remixd it and made a clean version 4 an introduction and how about i dont know who all of these so calld white artists are that be gettn on doin they thing but yet they still get on anyway? ? ?  Im sorry but tha NFL is still a little white sided, what about Ben`s and Mike`s cases.  This wasnt particulary a ``race case`` but uhhh wat else am i supposed 2 say.  Dont act like i aint rite.

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2011, 04:50:59 PM »
Yall act like rappers cant change their lyrics.  Smh, we improvise all tha time

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2011, 04:54:29 PM »
Yall act like rappers cant change their lyrics.  Smh, we improvise all tha time

you a rapper now?

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2011, 04:58:10 PM »
Along time ago a nigga named Curtis from BMore told me that ``a nigga should wake up every morning and write a rap``, ive been on it ever since, bitch i got classics.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2011, 04:58:29 PM »
Justin Bieber has at least four singles that did pretty amazing on the charts. He could actually perform to fit the time slot & sing songs that a larger majority knows. But even Bieber would be bad because he isn't satisfying all the 20-50 year old people who watch the game.

Besides, good marketing wouldn't be throwing a bone for a select small group of viewers that know who he is. They pick someone who is known worldwide to satisfy a high majority of the viewers.

What you could do is have a bunch of different artists & split time. Two people everyone knows, then have Wiz for "B&Y", then Wayne for "G&Y". But that would be getting off tradition.

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2011, 05:03:52 PM »
I havent heard or wana hear any of those JB singles tho, in fact ive only heard tha hook 2 ``baby`` and that horrible ass Kanye and Raekwon song.  B and Y and G and Y would fit tha whole atmosphere of tha game tho.  They need 2 stop actin like theyre gona lose their audience or take something away from tha show becuz of a Rapper, that sounds like code language.

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2011, 05:25:31 PM »
The remix to ``black and yellow`` has Juicy J, an Oscar winner - Snoop Dogg, enuf said - TPain, has widespread classics and almost topped The Beatles one year in terms of number one singles AND Wiz Khalifa who`s tha biggest thing out Pittsburg since The Steelers (no disrespect to Sam Sneed).  Not to mention that tha record just hit double platinum when like last month or two months ago it just hit Gold.  Im sorry but i cant really see tha Fail in that.  then put on Wayne next (maybe, if it was really goin down like that), ``green and yellow`` and ``black and yellow``, cmon now, is that not a true Half Time or introduction representation?

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2011, 08:14:01 PM »
1 more thing... ``small demographic`` you must be livin in Turkey becuz i kno u aint talkin about tha United States.  I betchu almost everybody in America 45 and under listens to Hip Hop, sometimes or all of tha time.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2011, 09:16:27 PM »
^LOL You're on. I have freinds 21 & under who despise Hip Hop.

I would say maybe 50% of people 30 & under listen to it.

Plus, the song is one sided. Then you HAVE to have Wayne there. Then on top of that, Wiz's song doesn't pertain to football at all.

It's cool for commercials. But halftime? You're insane lol.

MoodMuzik

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2011, 09:57:32 PM »
get wiz khalifa the fuck outta here, I dont need that stoned motherfucker rapping about how much weed he smoked at the fuckin super bowl