Author Topic: Nottz Talks Detox  (Read 1419 times)

• Muthafuckin' OG
Nottz Talks Detox
« on: February 05, 2011, 11:55:23 AM »

es-jay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Nottz Talks Detox
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2011, 12:31:24 PM »
nice interview. regarding Detox this is what i heard:

had first song on original Detox; verses from Game and Dr. Dre.titled "As God Is My Witness".

says there were two versions to the beat; Busta Rhymes did a song to beat 1 & 2, Stat Quo jumped on beat 2.

has first song on new Detox.

when listening to his music, Dre either likes it or doesn't.

Never with Dr. Dre working. on a 5 day trip he'd see him for 15 minutes on the first day, 15 minutes on the last day.

listened to 40 tracks; then 30 more which were East Coast influenced. all scrapped except a couple of joints (Khalil, Jake One)

JohnnyL

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2011, 12:38:22 PM »

had first song on original Detox; verses from Game and Dr. Dre.titled "As God Is My Witness".

says there were two versions to the beat; Busta Rhymes did a song to beat 1 & 2, Stat Quo jumped on beat 2.

Never with Dr. Dre working. on a 5 day trip he'd see him for 15 minutes on the first day, 15 minutes on the last day.

listened to 40 tracks; then 30 more which were East Coast influenced. all scrapped except a couple of joints (Khalil, Jake One)

Makes me wonder how many incarnations "Detox" has gone through over the years, and out of all of them, which one was the best.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2011, 12:51:21 PM »
thanks man, conspiracy has some great guests.

never expected Dre to go for the Chronic sound with Detox(initially)

that sucks, they should be working in the studio together.

yeah he didn't say Kush, but i guess that's the one.
so Detox won't be produced by Dre :P

Makes me wonder how many incarnations "Detox" has gone through over the years, and out of all of them, which one was the best.
probably not a lot of completed versions.

TDOT

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2011, 12:51:55 PM »
Makes ME wonder if these "productions" are even being touched by Dre at all . . . is he producing anything on Detox?

It's actually starting to make sense now. I think out of EVERY single leak we've heard from Detox, Under Pressure was the only Dre-produced track.

And to the guys above, I think the number for Detox songs was around 4000 since the start, and almost double that in instrumentals. I'm most interested in that 02-04 era, where Dre's single was going to be In Da Club.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2011, 12:53:49 PM by TDOT »

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2011, 12:54:01 PM »
Makes ME wonder if these "productions" are even being touched by Dre at all . . . is he producing anything on Detox?

It's actually starting to make sense now. I think out of EVERY single leak we've heard from Detox, Under Pressure was the only Dre-produced track.
my guess is, he's just a performer & mixed everything :-\

And to the guys above, I think the number for Detox songs was around 4000 since the start, and almost double that in instrumentals. I'm most interested in that 02-04 era, where Dre's single was going to be In Da Club.
In da club for Detox? i only know that D12 got the beat before 50

MOON KNIGHT

« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2011, 01:31:57 PM »

I realize D12 recorded their verses for this "Remix" after In Da Club blew up. At the end of this @ 4:38 the beat switches up & I always wondered if this was the original version of the In Da Club beat that D12 turned down ?

50 Ceny ft. D12 - In Da Club (Remix)   http://hulkshare.com/7vm8ugzdme7w

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2011, 01:39:51 PM »

I realize D12 recorded their verses for this "Remix" after In Da Club blew up. At the end of this @ 4:38 the beat switches up & I always wondered if this was the original version of the In Da Club beat that D12 turned down ?

50 Ceny ft. D12 - In Da Club (Remix)   http://hulkshare.com/7vm8ugzdme7w

i think so

UCC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2011, 02:09:13 PM »
then 30 more which were East Coast influenced. all scrapped except a couple of joints (Khalil, Jake One)

Would love to have heard them all!

Cross Em Out

• 'G'
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2011, 02:37:44 PM »

Under Pressure wasnt by Dre, Scott Storch produced it

JohnnyL

« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2011, 02:37:49 PM »
thanks man, conspiracy has some great guests.

never expected Dre to go for the Chronic sound with Detox(initially)

that sucks, they should be working in the studio together.

yeah he didn't say Kush, but i guess that's the one.
so Detox won't be produced by Dre :P

probably not a lot of completed versions.

Yeah.  You're probably right.  Probably not a whole lot of completed versions, but I bet there are quite a few individual tracks recorded that Dre has added to and subtracted from the album over the years.

Will_B

« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2011, 03:23:09 PM »

Damn. By the end of this, the album should be called 'Dr. Dre Presents The Detox' :-[

TDOT

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2011, 05:07:32 PM »

Really?? I really don't know what the fuck to think of Detox now, I mean, up until INAD I was under the impression is would be entirely Dre-produced, because really, isn't that the point?

I remember reading it in The Source or XXL, they had a special on Dre/Detox. Or maybe it was Scratch Magazine? Anyways, I think it was Storch who said it, or just the guy who wrote the article, but apparently In Da Club was Dre's first single for Detox in '02. There should be scans of it somewhere on here.

Gamestarr

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • P
« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2011, 05:41:42 PM »

Thanks for that! ^

I just hope everything from the vaults leak..

Fuck detox. gimme the vaults

TDOT

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2011, 05:49:23 PM »

Really?? I really don't know what the fuck to think of Detox now, I mean, up until INAD I was under the impression is would be entirely Dre-produced, because really, isn't that the point?

I remember reading it in The Source or XXL, they had a special on Dre/Detox. Or maybe it was Scratch Magazine? Anyways, I think it was Storch who said it, or just the guy who wrote the article, but apparently In Da Club was Dre's first single for Detox in '02. There should be scans of it somewhere on here.

I was thinking of The Set Up by Obie Trice. In Da Club was just said to have been an older beat with different drums/strings at first (probably the beat in that D12 remix) and Dre built it up after 50 wanted it. That's what Focus said, as he didn't know if it was for Detox at some point, although Denaun Porter kind of hinted that it may have been at first. And it must have been made in '01 if Focus said he couldn't remember.

Also, since this was Dre's "new style" at the time, I take it Detox was all shit like this (the original Detox) since everyone kept saying it was like nothing you've ever heard from Dre using big strings/orcestra/etc., probably the best version of Detox and the one that was closest to being released.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2011, 05:52:03 PM by TDOT »