Author Topic: How to Take Ecstasy: L.A. County Health Officials Teach You How  (Read 239 times)

Elano

How to Take Ecstasy: L.A. County Health Officials Teach You How
« on: February 05, 2011, 12:50:14 AM »
One of the more bizarre aspects of officials sanctioning raves at the publicly owned L.A. Coliseum and Sports Arena is that Los Angeles County health authorities have actually embarked on a campaign to teach young people how to take ecstasy safely.

Under the strategy of "harm reduction" -- if you're going to get wasted, mind as well help you do so without killing yourself -- the county this year will distribute fliers at raves that give tips that essentially amount to advice on how not to O.D. on this illicit, schedule 1 drug.

Strange, because ...

.. the Coliseum Commission, which runs those venues, seems to be bending over backwards to allow ecstasy-fueled raves to happen four times a year at the sites.

California drug-abatement law might have a different view of the parties:

"Every building or place used for the purpose of unlawfully selling, serving, storing, keeping, manufacturing, or giving away any controlled substance, precursor, or analog specified in this division, and every building or place wherein or upon which those acts take place, is a nuisance which shall be enjoined, abated, and prevented, and for which damages may be recovered, whether it is a public or private nuisance."

But L.A. County says, hey, if you're going to party, here's how:

-Take frequent breaks.

-Let your body cool and rest.

-Stay hydrated.

This part is really interesting, because doctors say ecstasy can rob your body of electrolytes and cause you to shut down and end up in a hospital.

-Sip or take small gulps of water ... and non-caffeinated sports-drinks like Gatorade (to replenish electrolytes). (Emphasis ours).

Another flier that will be passed out at raves actually states this:

"Aim low (dose AND frequency)

- Ecstasy risks increase with larger doses ... "

Wow. We're just waiting for the tips on how to smoke crack and of course, how to properly shoot heroin.

Thanks for the public service announcement.

(laweekly)

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

Re: How to Take Ecstasy: L.A. County Health Officials Teach You How
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2011, 05:33:59 PM »
Amazing what mainly white kids from the suburbs get away with.
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

Darkwing Duck (The Reincarnation)

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2011, 06:35:45 PM »
never tried X.
am i missing sonethin?

Russell Bell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2011, 04:29:49 PM »

Lol, how is this a race issue?
Money like Draymond Green.....yuuup

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2011, 05:08:45 PM »

Ive hardly known any minorities from the inner city in my life that really fuck with raves. Typically only white kids from the suburbs. If you havent noticed how much different the law treats them, I'm not sure what country you live in man lol.
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

Russell Bell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2011, 07:42:01 PM »

Ive hardly known any minorities from the inner city in my life that really fuck with raves. Typically only white kids from the suburbs. If you havent noticed how much different the law treats them, I'm not sure what country you live in man lol.

X is a schedule 1 drug, same as heroin.

If youre talking about the enforcement and how u perceive it to b unfair, well, most of the time "white kids from the suburbs" who fuck with ecstasy arent involved in the same kind of violence (gangs, etc) that "minorities from the inner city" are (you wanna talk meth, that's another story).  Yea that's a generalization, but its true more times than not.  The violence and decay of communities brings the police around.

BTW born and raised in California.  Personally I think drugs should be legal.  This SWAT team delta force shit kicking down doors etc aint working.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2011, 07:44:28 PM by Russell Bell »
Money like Draymond Green.....yuuup

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Paid Tha Cost 2 Be Tha Boss
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2011, 02:52:58 PM »

your trippin, cuz i know when i was in middle school it was a big asian thing to go to raves, but there were alot of whites, blacks, and mexicans there too.

if u go to one now, theres a GANG of mexicans, blacks, whites mostly because raves juts got big again a year or 2 ago (considering mexicans are the majority in LA), but mostly all highschool kids. i wouldnt go to one, but there are still alotta hoes there that arnt jailbait.

but even since back then there were lotta southsiders, crips, bloods, skins/nazis, asian hoods, etc etc. but i suggest u dont go, or atleast untill raves arnt as popular cuz i heard for the past 2 years that shits been packed to the point its not worth it, unless your gonna slang some x or water which would well be worth the money, might as well take some weed over there too. sell that shit for 50 a gram, 30 a pill and 3 or 4 bucks for water? (i forget how much water is there but most likely 5-10 dollars)

but generally people who go for the first time love it, and if u live in LA id be damn surprised if u never went to monster massive.

on the side note, they know their gonna take E, its just precautionary, their not endorsing it, but they know their gonna take it nethertheless. kinda like safe sex shit at school.

but no this isnt a race issue.

Tha Reella - Slap A Nigga Up Like Wyatt Earp / Sig downsized, too big.

Bananas

« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2011, 03:43:25 PM »

Making this is a race issue is very 1990's...Then again, what should I expect from you.

There's a huge number of said project dwellers however that do use ecstasy, frequently. The fact that this information is out there is a step in the right direction.

« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2011, 07:31:15 PM »

your trippin, cuz i know when i was in middle school it was a big asian thing to go to raves, but there were alot of whites, blacks, and mexicans there too.

if u go to one now, theres a GANG of mexicans, blacks, whites mostly because raves juts got big again a year or 2 ago (considering mexicans are the majority in LA), but mostly all highschool kids. i wouldnt go to one, but there are still alotta hoes there that arnt jailbait.

but even since back then there were lotta southsiders, crips, bloods, skins/nazis, asian hoods, etc etc. but i suggest u dont go, or atleast untill raves arnt as popular cuz i heard for the past 2 years that shits been packed to the point its not worth it, unless your gonna slang some x or water which would well be worth the money, might as well take some weed over there too. sell that shit for 50 a gram, 30 a pill and 3 or 4 bucks for water? (i forget how much water is there but most likely 5-10 dollars)

but generally people who go for the first time love it, and if u live in LA id be damn surprised if u never went to monster massive.

on the side note, they know their gonna take E, its just precautionary, their not endorsing it, but they know their gonna take it nethertheless. kinda like safe sex shit at school.

but no this isnt a race issue.

I dunno man, Maybe shit is different down here. But raving has always just been some shit for white kids from the suburbs. Just the shit Ive seen.

« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2011, 07:32:39 PM »

Making this is a race issue is very 1990's...Then again, what should I expect from you.

Says the guy who wants Africans wiped off the planet.