Author Topic: Snoop Dogg Talks About Death Row Days & How Suge Knight Used To Rob Producers  (Read 1391 times)

HighEyeCue

Daz got alot of bangers, is first 2 albums, Gang Related Soundtrack other shit. I believe he did most of Dogg Food and alot of Doggystyle cause they never gave the credits on the album booklet or back cover.

Daz may have brought some ideas to the table but Dre did Doggystyle believe me, blame Suge for the credits not being on the album. Daz has had a lot of dope production though, its silly to say that he doesn't.

Jimmy H.

Allow me to clarify. If we're gonna call Death Row what it is or what it looks like, we can't X out Dre's solo production credits over there and keep Daz's. If Suge wasn't giving publishing credit to Dre's production team, the safe bet is the people who helped Daz got left in the cold too. Now the complaint is Dre started Aftermath and since he was now doing right by production credits, everyone had their little co-credit on there. Okay. Now, when you look at DPG Recordz/Gangsta Advisory and you move past those first albums that were produced at Death Row, how many "bangers" does Daz have just by himself? No Mike Dean. No Ivan Johnson. No Soopafly. If you think any of these mega-producers who are multi-million-dollar commodities for these major labels are sitting around making entire beats by themselves from conception to final mix, you're delusional. The producers and artists actually know the score. When you read something like that Complex article on the making of Game's album or you hear Dre's peers like DJ Quik or Timbaland speak on him, it's this understanding that Dre knows his shit.