Author Topic: "Doggumentary" Front Cover  (Read 2192 times)

quiksta80

• 'G'
Re: "Doggumentary" Front Cover
« Reply #60 on: February 10, 2011, 03:05:22 PM »
i also have a feeling this album will be more well rounded then malice...so glad he decided not to do doggystyle 2.

i always kind of looked at the last meal as doggystyle 2.

he used joe cool, dre was all over the record and it just had that seamless cohesiveness.

if im not mistaking Dre only produced 4 cuts (Including the Intro) and mixed most of the album

sounds about how doggystyle was rumored to have been produced...didnt they say daz and warren g did most of side 2?

that was just a rumor started by Suge
nah Daz and Warren did the second half of Doggystyle and got no credit for it ::)

Damn people still bitchin about daz n warren gettin no credit...snoop said himself in a interview just cause you bring a beat or idea to the table dont mean you produced the complete product.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #61 on: February 11, 2011, 04:27:39 AM »
i also have a feeling this album will be more well rounded then malice...so glad he decided not to do doggystyle 2.

he used joe cool, dre was all over the record and it just had that seamless cohesiveness.

if im not mistaking Dre only produced 4 cuts (Including the Intro) and mixed most of the album

sounds about how doggystyle was rumored to have been produced...didnt they say daz and warren g did most of side 2?

nah Daz and Warren did the second half of Doggystyle and got no credit for it ::)
bullshit

bouli77

« Reply #62 on: February 11, 2011, 05:24:36 AM »
Daz did Serial Killa, For All My Niggaz & My Bitches and Ain't No Fun... Warren was involved in Ain't No Fun too. that's pretty much it. but I think Dre produced these tracks in the sense where daz & warren brought the raw material and Dre refined it and moulded the beats into a final product.

http://politicalpalace.yuku.com/forum/viewtopic/id/9745

http://slumz.boxden.com/f87/snoop-interview-dre-stealing-beats-dre-not-taking-credit-when-he-should-839890/

MistaNova

« Reply #63 on: February 11, 2011, 05:58:45 AM »
It makes him a smart businessman. Snoop and ice cube are irrelevant in today's rap game.  Why would dre want to be associated with these too losers?  Dre threw snoop a bone and put him on Kush and it flopped.  I guarantee you there will be no more Dre and Snoop callabos. Snoop is not somebody you can make money with anymore.

I don't know about Cube, but Snoop is definatly relevant. Take into consideration that he and Bun B are the only rappers cool with every rapper in the game.
Plus last year he was featured on songs by Katy Perry, Gorillaz, Jessica Mauboy, Emii, Far East Movement, Wiz Khalifa, Curren$y, Big Time Rush etc... I'm betting no other rapper from the west made more appearences than he did, and even if there was I doubt they appeared on any chart toppers.
Snoop's name is still out there, at least more than Dr. Dre who's only been known as Eminem's main producer or a name on a set of headphones in recent years.

As for the cover it's pretty simple (or deep depending on how you look at it), but I'll let the music speak for itself.

Conan

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Holler at your Uncle Snoopy..."
« Reply #64 on: February 11, 2011, 06:04:49 AM »
It makes him a smart businessman. Snoop and ice cube are irrelevant in today's rap game.  Why would dre want to be associated with these too losers?  Dre threw snoop a bone and put him on Kush and it flopped.  I guarantee you there will be no more Dre and Snoop callabos. Snoop is not somebody you can make money with anymore.

I don't know about Cube, but Snoop is definatly relevant. Take into consideration that he and Bun B are the only rappers cool with every rapper in the game.
Plus last year he was featured on songs by Katy Perry, Gorillaz, Jessica Mauboy, Emii, Far East Movement, Wiz Khalifa, Curren$y, Big Time Rush etc... I'm betting no other rapper from the west made more appearences than he did, and even if there was I doubt they appeared on any chart toppers.
Snoop's name is still out there, at least more than Dr. Dre who's only been known as Eminem's main producer or a name on a set of headphones in recent years.

As for the cover it's pretty simple (or deep depending on how you look at it), but I'll let the music speak for itself.

Mostly agree with this. Dre is obviously still revered by core fans like ourselves at DubCC, but it's quite apparent that he is trading off of his major affiliations (Eminem, Akon, and even Snoop) when it comes to promoting his music to todays mainstream audience.
"Shit ain't all peaches and cream, and I ain't Sara Lee, bitch!" - Lloyd Banks

"I'm Morpheus in this Hip-Hop Matrix, exposing fake shit." - Common

"With consecutive platinum hits, I up my status. Ain't no more Calvin Broadus!" - Snoop

"Look at all these conscious rappers - guess who influenced them?" - KRS One

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #65 on: February 11, 2011, 06:12:13 AM »
noobcake only knows what he reads on these sites...i get the feeling he dont get out much.

HighEyeCue

« Reply #66 on: February 11, 2011, 04:29:28 PM »

not according to Snoop, he should know best ;)

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #67 on: February 11, 2011, 11:48:23 PM »

that may not be true...who knows what the fuck went on in those studios. that shit was like 20 years ago snoop dont even remember songs he made six or seven years ago lmao

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #68 on: February 12, 2011, 12:56:34 AM »

that may not be true...who knows what the fuck went on in those studios. that shit was like 20 years ago snoop dont even remember songs he made six or seven years ago lmao
true.

suge fucked up with the credits & the publishing though, not dre